Author Topic: Community Rep Thread (September-October)  (Read 45724 times)

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Community Rep Thread (September-October)
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2016, 06:32:34 am »
Hail Apoc

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
« Reply #376 on: October 02, 2016, 10:09:50 am »
Hey I'm kinda late on my thoughts with the 63e and all the hate going towards there way but I'd think I have something you all need to hear. New regiments this late into the commuinty are HARD TO FORM. I myself made the AEF with a fresh start and built up from nothing. My biggest issue was recuirting of course. But not because of the 63e. It is simply the matter of one understanding how to recuirt this late into the game and two committing the endless hours and late nighters it takes to recuirt. It took me about three months into my regiment to get to 15-19 people everynight. Once I had this base of people I could grab these members to hop on AEF server and play commander battle. Hope and pray pubs come on and server population hits 15-25. Then information about the AEF would be given in admin chat and directed towards pubs. At this rate with a 20 man server I could get 5 people to join. So while it's not easy it doable.

The issue though is I only hav access to a small base of random people who decided to open NW that night. The other also very effective and desperate tactic I had to use in the starting of my regiment was to add about 40 people on steam from dead steam groups and ask people to come back. I'd get like 5-10 out of 40 people.

If I kept putting all this effort in which was like 6-7 hours a night after I got home from school I was able to get a regiment going. But because of all these hours and this work I put in I know have stopped recuirting leading my regiment to stagnate attendance wise. But tbh give me 12-16 guys a night without putting effort into recuirting into a dead commuinty anyday :).

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 02, 2016, 10:17:11 am »
Just wanna clear things up on old post. Myself I find the 63e annoying but they got to where they are by hard work. Myself I think yes they do hold the commuinty back but comon people. We're fucking Americans grow a backbone and put the time in to start your own regiment and then look at your own achievements and yourself and not those other twats and what they have. So I hear a lot of hate for the 63e but frankly I still laugh at thier cadets melee(I'm sure karth does to) but in the end spend the time and work hard. Then boom there's your commuinty.

Offline Vortecks

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt_LtCol_Vortex
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #378 on: October 02, 2016, 10:46:04 am »
Just wanna clear things up on old post. Myself I find the 63e annoying but they got to where they are by hard work. Myself I think yes they do hold the commuinty back but comon people. We're fucking Americans grow a backbone and put the time in to start your own regiment and then look at your own achievements and yourself and not those other twats and what they have. So I hear a lot of hate for the 63e but frankly I still laugh at thier cadets melee(I'm sure karth does to) but in the end spend the time and work hard. Then boom there's your commuinty.
you bring 5 whole members to every event. don't act like you are a huge regiment and did it all by yourself.
Like my daddy always said, you always gotta get the nut.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2016, 05:04:19 pm »
Two words, Merc regiment.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 02, 2016, 05:22:38 pm »
rip
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #381 on: October 02, 2016, 05:32:03 pm »

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Online BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #382 on: October 02, 2016, 06:38:10 pm »
-1 and 18
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2016, 02:01:51 am »
Server is up, *NA_Assault

got some cool ass scripts

might start hosting pub events there as well

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 03, 2016, 04:01:15 am »

out of curiosity what are these scripts?
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 03, 2016, 04:44:20 am »
you bring 5 whole members to every event. don't act like you are a huge regiment and did it all by yourself.
well vortex I'd like to tell you you guys cancled a 1v1 with the AEF because you only had 5 guys on. And I'd also point out for TNWL we had 20 people show up. And on aveage we bring 12-15. And also almost every member in my regiment has been recuirts by me. Sadly I haven't had a good officer staff other than applo so most responsibility fall to me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:48:22 am by antslimey »

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2016, 04:46:30 am »
Two words, Merc regiment.
AEF do use mercs yes. Mainly because it's fun for me to get a bunch of diffrent people together I don't normally play with and fight regiemnts. If you ever think the AEF by itself is bad then look at TNWL where we lost to the 32e 4-6 when they have lost to the 1er 6-4 and beat the 58e and 45e as with about the same scores.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #387 on: October 03, 2016, 05:25:36 am »

out of curiosity what are these scripts?

so far, swivel cannons were turned into Gatling guns and Vodka bottles were turned into molotovs

more cool stuff to come

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 03, 2016, 05:52:23 am »
neat.  seen the molotovs the other day on another server.  don't remember which one though.

there are some pretty neat scripts out there, and there is a lot of potential should someone spend the time to explore what can be done. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Vortecks

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt_LtCol_Vortex
« Reply #389 on: October 03, 2016, 06:07:30 am »
well vortex I'd like to tell you you guys cancled a 1v1 with the AEF because you only had 5 guys on. And I'd also point out for TNWL we had 20 people show up. And on aveage we bring 12-15. And also almost every member in my regiment has been recuirts by me. Sadly I haven't had a good officer staff other than applo so most responsibility fall to me.
asian told you we had 5 guys on so he didnt have to say we don't want to have a shit 10v10 lb when we bring 20 people. also why the fuck do you consistently spell recruits or recruiting or recruit like recuirt, shit dont make sense fam
Like my daddy always said, you always gotta get the nut.