Author Topic: Fun linebattle stories!  (Read 4197 times)

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
  • Side: Union
Fun linebattle stories!
« on: July 06, 2014, 08:21:00 pm »
Does anyone here have fun stories about Linebattles or events they have participated in?

I have a one to start the thread off in.

Last night at my Saturday Night Linebattle, during the 'Assault' portion of it. The map was Landshut (Night). All  of the 8thRHA went all Rockets (and were on the attacking side that round). The 8th was as well.

We sat there as Jorge gave us a speech about waiting for the RHA to drain the enemy's morale and how we will Charge in and kill them all. So we charged across the Bridge. Part of it was destroyed so we had to jump, rockets were exploding everywhere, we were being shot at. As soon as I made it over I went into the building directly across from the Bridge, as I had seen a Prussian on the top floor shoot an 8th member. I went up to the top floor.

He tried shooting at me, but missed and we engaged in melee. Rockets were still exploding. We danced our dance of death to bottom floor. A rocket hit our building, on the floor we were on. We were both almost knocked down by it. We kept fighting, until I finally got a stab in and he died. It was one of the most memorable and intense NW moments for me.

Another good story from that Linebattle was when I was doing some admin stuff in Steam (talking to a couple regimental leaders) and I got lost from my own line, so I joined the nearest friendly British line. Now, my Spectator admin said a couple people had gone cavalry when I had said no Cav. No big deal, we'll slay them in a few minutes, I warned them in Admin Chat, whoever they were. I fell behind that line as I had more admin stuff to do. That is when I was beset upon by the Cavalry. The 3 of them came at me, but I managed to kill all three. Turns out, it was the guy I had originally been talking to on Steam who had gone cav. Told him there he couldn't, and that me slaying them the old fashioned way was punishment enough. I then was able to rejoin the line I had been following just in time for a charge where I kicked even more butt.

Those are a couple of my fun linebattle stories, feel free to share yours!
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Fun linebattle stories!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:22:37 pm »
Went to an lb once, got shot for 5 rounds in a row.

Was fun.

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 10:04:38 pm »
My first LB i shot my Lt-Col in the back of the head. lol
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 10:45:00 pm »
 Rofl i was in the 10te Deadeye ^ I got kicked from the first event because me and Robinhood2109 couldnt stop making eachother laugh xD

My 1st event was in the 84e in mount and musket prussia, I teamkilled 9 people in one melee as i didnt have any clue that teamkilling was on, looked back like wat.

i got told to sit out the rest of the lb :'(
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 10:46:04 pm »
My first linebattle I had to command lel, still did pretty good
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 11:10:27 pm »
I got 10 kills as a skirmisher in my first lb
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 12:05:34 am »
On my first LB my ping was like 3000, had fun ice skating

Offline SirPwoob

• Sergeant
  • So hardy rn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 02:47:14 am »
So Dis 1 Time.
It was Like really cool right? I uhh was wearing wrong tags. and umm. I bush pirata. i got ban. I crai

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:40:38 pm »
Actually, for my first LB we went Skirmishers as well. That was back in MM Russia. 5arge needed rifles on Russia, and since I didn't have a mic at the time (I had joined the 8th only hours beforehand) i said in team chat "i want to go rifles" so Jorge in public said yeah we'll go rifles or Russia.

I remember Tico saying "Jorge, why are you leading us around like Line Infantry, we're supposed to be rifleman."
to which Jorge respond "Yeah, but we've trained all week as Line Infantry!"

It was a fun LB, and I've been in the 8th since.
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline TheAngrypineapple

• Major
  • Can't block
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_TheAngrypineapple
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 11:48:15 pm »
My first lb i crashed all rounds
14e bullies, making people cri since 2011

Previous: 93rd Rgl George Wallace | 14e Cpl TheAngrypineapple | 3rdFG Pte Duncan MacTavish

Offline Shade

• First Sergeant
  • [5teFK]_Rtm_Shade
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 01:06:02 am »
I remember a funny linebattle moment when we (hussars) had exceptionally bad attendance while the enemy cavalry had many if not the maximum amount of people. Basically, we dared to fight them and as to be expected most of us died until only me , the officer, and one of my best men were remaining, the other hussar regiment had most of their people remaining which should have been something between 8 and 12 against us two. At this point I realised in what kind of a nasty business I was, having to fight almost a whole regiment with nothing but one man at my side, but it came as noone had expected. We fought them in a moment of courage and , believe it or not, we managed to kill a few of them and dismounted most before I died, my man then ended the fight by dismounting the rest of them. So basically all that was left at the end was him with around 10 dismounted enemy hussars  ;D. Everyone started laughing in TS and to take the piss he rode around them a few times, and everyone started spamming "gg" to them in chat.
"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmender Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der gestirnte Himmel über mir und das moralische Gesetz in mir."

- Immanuel Kant

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »
My first lb i crashed all rounds

You peasant
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline TheAngrypineapple

• Major
  • Can't block
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_TheAngrypineapple
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:00 pm »
Such offense
14e bullies, making people cri since 2011

Previous: 93rd Rgl George Wallace | 14e Cpl TheAngrypineapple | 3rdFG Pte Duncan MacTavish

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 04:21:22 pm »
Went to an lb once, got shot for 5 rounds in a row.

Was fun.
This dude knows where he is talking about.

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:31:26 pm »
Shot 5 rounds in a row? My record is 18 rounds in a row(either musket or cannonball) :P
"Bullet Magnet and stuff"