Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 5 | Finals  (Read 48883 times)

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Match-week 3
« Reply #360 on: March 18, 2022, 02:47:15 pm »
I wouldnt even be surprised if Dams and Zarwen had to go to mental hospital now. Both teams were inappropriate in all chat. Crying and spamming 24/7 in all chat like 12 y/o's. But man what am i even expecting
Very much team/reg dependent on how toxic the all-chat is and who they are facing. I've been part of quite a few now and each have been so varying. Reg leaders might consider getting a handle of how their members behave when they realise refs might steer clear of their matches purely because it's them.

I thought referees pretty much ignore all chat. I have been for years. If reg leaders have issues then it gets taken to steam, and should be the main form of discussion in events. But all chat has always been something to filter out. Tbh I ignore it as a reg leader too, so if a member is having a "moment" in chat I tend not to see it (and for which I can only apologise.) Learning to filter out all chat other than for OA / FiC messages is a great skill to learn for referees and admins. Is a shame that you need to do it, but it's nothing new.

The treatment of referees has been something that has been discussed for ages, pretty sure I made a point about refereeing in NWBC years ago now. NWBC is almost impossible to admin efficiently if there is only one referee watching 110/120+ players, it's not like NWL or EIC where you only have 1 class and 2 lines to watch. Therefore people make mistakes / are a bit slow and that's fine.

About the class limit issues, admins should also realise that trying to work out how many people in your group have spawned in takes a little time, and thus balancing isn't always immediate, it's not to do with trolling. Trying to rotate between members so everyone gets a chance to play also takes a bit of time too. A bit of understanding and patience on both ends goes a long way.

People complain about camping sometimes, but should remember old NWBC used to sometimes take at least 15-30 minutes per round before they put in the all-charge rules (hence why only 4 rounds per match originally.) Some things have definitely improved over the years. ;D Should be said that NWBC is still the best (and really, the only) event of it's type now, by a long way.

Congrats to Iron Crusaders btw, was a good match, and many thanks to the referees for taking the time to admin. :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 02:50:48 pm by Krytenn »

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes

Offline dams14

• Sergeant Major
  • Caporal fourrier au 45e d'infanterie
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 18, 2022, 06:34:41 pm »
I wouldnt even be surprised if Dams and Zarwen had to go to mental hospital now. Both teams were inappropriate in all chat. Crying and spamming 24/7 in all chat like 12 y/o's. But man what am i even expecting
Very much team/reg dependent on how toxic the all-chat is and who they are facing. I've been part of quite a few now and each have been so varying. Reg leaders might consider getting a handle of how their members behave when they realise refs might steer clear of their matches purely because it's them.

I thought referees pretty much ignore all chat. I have been for years. If reg leaders have issues then it gets taken to steam, and should be the main form of discussion in events. But all chat has always been something to filter out. Tbh I ignore it as a reg leader too, so if a member is having a "moment" in chat I tend not to see it (and for which I can only apologise.) Learning to filter out all chat other than for OA / FiC messages is a great skill to learn for referees and admins. Is a shame that you need to do it, but it's nothing new.

The treatment of referees has been something that has been discussed for ages, pretty sure I made a point about refereeing in NWBC years ago now. NWBC is almost impossible to admin efficiently if there is only one referee watching 110/120+ players, it's not like NWL or EIC where you only have 1 class and 2 lines to watch. Therefore people make mistakes / are a bit slow and that's fine.

About the class limit issues, admins should also realise that trying to work out how many people in your group have spawned in takes a little time, and thus balancing isn't always immediate, it's not to do with trolling. Trying to rotate between members so everyone gets a chance to play also takes a bit of time too. A bit of understanding and patience on both ends goes a long way.

People complain about camping sometimes, but should remember old NWBC used to sometimes take at least 15-30 minutes per round before they put in the all-charge rules (hence why only 4 rounds per match originally.) Some things have definitely improved over the years. ;D Should be said that NWBC is still the best (and really, the only) event of it's type now, by a long way.

Congrats to Iron Crusaders btw, was a good match, and many thanks to the referees for taking the time to admin. :)

To be honest, I never look the chat so  :P

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #363 on: March 18, 2022, 06:43:08 pm »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline BearlyHuman

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Maj_Robert_Sinclair
« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2022, 07:48:08 pm »
Well I hope our match was easier to watch and ref for Ipoa and Gaz

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #365 on: March 18, 2022, 07:51:10 pm »

Hope you asked Dams' permission before posting his IRL picture. ;)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #366 on: March 18, 2022, 10:48:45 pm »

are you sure about that
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Kong

• Second Lieutenant
  • forever PRY + COC #RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kong
« Reply #367 on: March 18, 2022, 11:13:10 pm »
price really do be pulling off a tardet with these paragraphs ngl

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2022, 03:23:00 am »
Yeah but the difference is that Tardet had a point

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2022, 07:56:24 am »
Yeah but the difference is that Tardet had a point
Difference is someone asked

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2022, 02:56:31 pm »
Has 55th team dropped out?
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Varys

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mean Outlaw
« Reply #371 on: March 19, 2022, 05:43:30 pm »
NW will never die but we will

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2022, 05:46:09 pm »
Has 55th team dropped out?
Kebab in EU yes :)
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2022, 05:47:16 pm »

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2022, 05:54:02 pm »
Another tournament drop out, you hate to see it.  :'(

Does that mean all past and future matches played against Kebab in EU result in a 6-0?

As if not it may affect the placement of the teams within groups points wise
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 06:06:22 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?