Author Topic: BCS Tournament | Rookie Tournaments | First series  (Read 27570 times)

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Krembit

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: BCS Tournament | Rookie Tournaments | First series
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2021, 04:30:09 pm »
Captain Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/krembit
Team Name + TAG: Agent Orange /// [AO]
Roster:
Krembit - 663095
Dogman - 1204441
MrBate - 354138
Adam - 543790
Anna - 2226023
Robert - 1347531
Johnboy - 406885
LORDIEX - 644535

have you read and agreed to the rules? yes sir
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:51:19 pm by Krembit »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2021, 04:31:42 pm »
I'd like to point out using my list is flawed, there are lots of current players you really can't consider a rookie given their experience not on the list such as Chuckster or Jakob for example.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2021, 04:33:22 pm »
Tbh i dont see why u need to define quite strictly what makes a rookie, just do it case by case otherwise some ppl are always gonna qualify despite not being genuine rookies

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2021, 04:34:34 pm »
I'd like to point out using my list is flawed, there are lots of current players you really can't consider a rookie given their experience not on the list such as Chuckster or Jakob for example.
It's one part of the verification process. It is hard to set in stone a rookie verses a non rookie.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2021, 04:36:23 pm »
It's one part of the verification process. It is hard to set in stone a rookie verses a non rookie.

Anyone who hasn't played in a GF team that's gone to knockouts of a tournament, they should be recognisable

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2021, 04:38:51 pm »

Anyone who hasn't played in a GF team that's gone to knockouts of a tournament, they should be recognisable
You'd have to also include a sub-part to that rule that people who haven't played any rounds in knockouts would also be excluded rather than just a team on the bench.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2021, 04:40:46 pm »

You'd have to also include a sub-part to that rule that people who haven't played any rounds in knockouts would also be excluded rather than just a team on the bench.

True, though that's few and far between; chances are, if you're benched in a top team, you've probably played main at some point in a worse team that just won groups, to be honest there shouldn't really be much criteria, if they're known to be decent (like the majority if not all of akatsuki) then don't allow them to play. Rookie tournaments should be for inexperienced players (much like the Native tournament that NNN won), if you're known in the community and have played a while, then you should probably not be included.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 04:43:17 pm by Fietta »

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2021, 04:45:21 pm »
that would exclude blitzkrieg tho. Everyone knows hes a rookie xD

If you are unsure to do it w lists. Get some well established players together and have them vote on whether someone is a rookie or not
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 04:47:06 pm by ONeil_ »

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2021, 04:56:53 pm »
As I already said in pms, you should make it more clear otherwise players like Twister, Jakob, Chuckster, Achilles and others which weren’t added in All-Time list yet would have a chance to hard carry their .teams against actual rookies. I’ve got nothing against these players or sth, just saying that it’s quite unfair that players such as specimen as example or KOBZIK can’t play in it, but apparently players which are not on the list but performing better overall can… In Twisters case you should make something like a mentor per team.
Agreed, I can actually cross myself and specimen (even tho he is not that experienced as the players I will be talking about) of the roster if such players as Jakob, LuLu, Shneider etc wouldn`t be allowed here (I have nothing against any of you but rookie tournament is a rookie tournament).  I believe these are good players that played at least a year in some decent teams which were more than capable of going out of groupstages and even had palmares.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2021, 05:01:50 pm »

True, though that's few and far between; chances are, if you're benched in a top team, you've probably played main at some point in a worse team that just won groups, to be honest there shouldn't really be much criteria, if they're known to be decent (like the majority if not all of akatsuki) then don't allow them to play. Rookie tournaments should be for inexperienced players (much like the Native tournament that NNN won), if you're known in the community and have played a while, then you should probably not be included.
Big up NNN! Yeah I think its generally easier to do it on a case-by-case basis tbh. Everyone should know who a 'rookie' is by now.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2021, 05:03:08 pm »

If you are unsure to do it w lists. Get some well established players together and have them vote on whether someone is a rookie or not
I personally feel I have enough experience now to not call myself a rookie and I don’t intend on playing this tournament. Depending on the captain rules I might put myself forward to support teams in that way however.

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2021, 05:04:15 pm »

I personally feel I have enough experience now to not call myself a rookie and I don%u2019t intend on playing this tournament. Depending on the captain rules I might put myself forward to support teams in that way however.
in my opinion and many others youre still a rookie. For example you probably havent played a total of 5 rounds ever in a knockout stage in any tournament (apart from the randomised)

but its up to u ofc

but yeah the suggestion from fietta is a load of shite as per

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2021, 05:04:54 pm »
If you're hosting a tournament like this you should have enough knowledge of the player base to know who's a rookie and who isn't and thus accept/ reject players on a case by case basis.

I would suggest a carpet ban on anyone who has ever been invited to Python's Invitationals as well as any player who's won a podium position within an international tournament regardless if they're bench or starting. If you're good enough to get yourself into a top team that manages to place in the top three you really aren't a rookie regardless. Any questionable players there on after can be assessed by the hosts on a case by case basis. The hosts get the final say at the end of the day

My biggest regret in hosting the last rookie tournament was the mentors being able to play on the ground. If you're the captain and mentor of the team and you're dedicated to your team you can just sit spec and manage the team there onwards. My rule that I implemented pushed teams like NPP, Akatsuki and Nr13 into the clear favourites by miles, it just wasn't as fair to the rest of the teams participating. Just my advice^ - good luck with the tournament
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Sasuke Uchiha

• Sergeant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2021, 05:06:15 pm »
I agree . here akatsuki and Twister's team - maybe two extra teams. because akatsuki (with its A composition, not B) is 2-3 heads higher than the rest of the teams. the same with the twister command. the twister team is stronger and more powerful than those listed here p.s. call another Fluss command.