Author Topic: ♞ Cavalry Pickup Parties ♞ New Thread  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
♞ Cavalry Pickup Parties ♞ New Thread
« on: May 26, 2021, 01:03:01 pm »

Cavalry Pickup Parties

Dear Cavalry Community,
as many of you noticed last year, Stephan and i prepared a comeback for the Cavalry Pickup Parties during October and brought it back for one evening in December. It was the day before Christmas and it feeled like some kind of last meeting of the Community in 2020.

I personally enjoyed this evening and hope it was the same for you. Sadly, Stephan decided to leave the Community, abandoning the whole project of the Cavalry Pickup Parties without Main Host. Experiencing the current shrinkage of our kind, i wanted to revive this Event (for longer than one month) and give something to the Community instead of just participating in all those great tournaments.

Since this would be the first time for me hosting something, i need a lot of help. That's why i am searching for competent and willing guys to assist me. Of course there is a need for Co-Hosts and Administrators, but another thing is more important: Stephan was providing both ingame and TeamSpeak Servers for the Event and it is undeniable that we need those. I have absolutely no idea of how to rent and maintain Servers, how to set them up and all those things. So if the Cavalry Pickup Parties shall be revived, we totally need someone with knowledge and realization potential right there.

If you want to help me out in any way and make the Cavalry Pickup Parties great again, feel free to contact me here. Of course you can also message me when you have any ideas for improvement of this project. And don't be afraid, i am not planning to leave the Community soon, so if all of this works and we manage to set this up again, it shall be for a while. ;)

Original Thread

Join the Steam Chat and Steam Group right here!

CPP Steam Chat

The General Rules

1. Keep it Respectful and Friendly, trashtalking should be kept to a minimum. The Priority is to have fun.
2. Keep the Teamspeak sound level moderate, no screaming/yelling

Match Specific Rules

1. Melee Speed will be on Medium
2. Always Listen to your Captain.
3. Matches are played First to 8 [Ft8]
4. Matches are played on a Random Desert

Class Specific Rules

1. Shooting is forbidden, even for officers.

The process of a 'Pickup Party'

1. A steam announcement is made to gather people. Join our TS from this moment on. You can of course ask some friends to take part as well.
2. Around 15 mins later, two volunteer captains are picked and they fight one duel to choose who‘s first at picking the remaining players.
3. Picking goes on until everyone is assigned to a team. After this the first round begins. From this moment onwards we will no longer allow people to join.
4. Both Teams fight the match untill there is one winner.

Hosts

Hosts
Octanidas (Main Host)
Ironfist (Ingame Server Provider)
DeLaBedoyere (TS Server Provider)
[close]

Administrators

Administrators
Carlos
Sharkie
[close]

Spoiler
No Pickup Party played yet.
[close]

Thank you Knightmare for the Header. I don't know you but Stephan wrote it. Thank you Thyrell for the Sub-Headers. Thank you Stephan for letting me copy + paste this Thread.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 12:15:21 pm by Octanidas »

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: ♞ Cavalry Pickup Parties ♞ New Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 01:03:45 pm »
Reserved.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 06:57:13 pm »
lovely initiative!
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 07:21:26 pm »
Nice, I always enjoyed these. Thanks for making the effort :)
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 01:26:25 pm »
Just as a quick update on the state of this project - unfortunately the current developments of our Community are thwarting my plans for the Pickup Parties. But no worries, i'm not giving up yet, i just have to find a new solution for how to set everything up. By the way, i'm still searching for Server providers, they are essential for the Pickup Parties and their success. So far a big thanks to Carlos who offered his help as administrator.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 03:25:05 pm »
Good news! Thanks to Ironfist and DeLaBedoyere, who will provide the ingame and TS Servers, we can finally start with the Cavalry Pickup Parties. Big thanks to both of them for their support to make this possible. In addition to that Carlos and Sharkie will help out as Administrators. Also big thanks to you!

With this lineup we are ready for the first Pickup Party. But of course, if someone still wants to help as Administrator, feel free to message me. There can't be too many. Speaking of the first Pickup Party: It will still happen in July! Soon i will be posting the official date with Server information and everything you all need to know. Until then please make sure to join the Steam Group and the Steam Group Chat if you haven't already. You can find the links for that in the main post.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 12:24:37 pm »
The next edition of the CPP will take place on:

Wednesday the 28th of July - 8pm GMT | 9pm CEST

Server details will follow soon.

Update: Server details are below.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 01:23:25 pm by Octanidas »

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 01:07:24 pm »
Server details for today:

TeamSpeak Server: 213.32.7.126:9996

Ingame Server: MHR_Nr10 /// PW: CPP

The Event will start on 8pm GMT | 9pm CEST

Please join the Servers about 15 minutes before this time to rally.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 12:06:19 pm »
Yesterday the CPP series came back with the first Pickup Party since .. ehm .. a long time, don't remember the exact date.

Even though we didn't have as much participants as the CPP usually had, we enjoyed the reunion and a relaxed evening. Most of us didn't touch the game for weeks/months but still we were able to perform high-level combat like we have never been gone ;)

In total there were 9 participants, playing firstly a 3vs3 and then a 4vs4. The CPP lasted around one hour. Luckily there were no technical issues, everything went fine.

The next Pickup Party will be around early-mid August.

I will keep on promoting the CPP-Community and invite even more people, especially now those who are members of Linebattle regiments and maybe want to take part in the CPP-Events.

And even if we don't get a significantly higher number of players in the Parties, which is totally expectable during summer:
This won't be a reason for me to stop keeping the CPP alive - because as long as there are people who enjoy it, it's totally worth for me to organize them.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 06:54:01 pm »
The next CPP will take place on:

Sunday the 22nd of August - 8:15 pm GMT / 9:15 pm CEST

Server details will be the same as before.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2021, 12:51:14 pm »
Last sunday the latest CPP took place. In total there were 12 people attending. We enjoyed a wholesome evening and i hope all participants had as much fun as i did.

All participants
[close]

First we played a 5vs5. Team Domi managed to gain a close victory against Team Thorny (6:4)
Spoiler
No Screenshot  :'(
[close]

Then Ironfist joined us which led into me leaving the spec and jump into combat as well. This time we played a First to five which Team Thorny could win (5:2).

Spoiler
[close]

An in-depth view of the action
[close]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:35:38 pm by Octanidas »

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 12:14:58 pm »
We will use a new TeamSpeak Server for the Pickup Parties. It will be provided by the Nr10.

Here is the IP: mhr.nul.lv

A big thank you to DeLaBedoyere for providing us a Server until September.

The ingame Server will stay the same, also provided by Nr10.

We plan to host another Pickup Party before the new 5vs5 Tournament starts, so everyone has an opportunity to warm up for this competitive Event and get into Napoleonic Wars again. The exact date and time will follow soon.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 06:06:22 pm »
The next edition of the CPP will take place on:

Saturday the 6th of November - 8pm GMT | 9pm CEST

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 02:57:23 pm »
Server details for tomorrow:

TeamSpeak Server: https://mhr.nul.lv

Ingame Server: MHR_Nr10 /// PW: CPP

The Event will start on 8pm GMT | 9pm CEST

Please join the Servers about 15 minutes before this time to rally. After the Event i would like to get some feedback from you regarding the Server Performance.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2021, 01:35:03 pm »
Last Saturday there was a great Pickup Party. We could welcome 25 people, which is a great improvement to the last events. First we played a 12vs12 (best of 10). It ended in a win for team Octanidas against the team of AstroX. The first rounds were really close.

Spoiler

[close]

After that most of the players decided to stay and we created new teams for an additional best of 5 Match. Team LaSalle took the upper hand against team Cain.

Spoiler

[close]

It's really great that some newcomers of our community decided to attend the Pickup Party and to collect experience for the upcoming tournament. Also it has been a long time since the latest 12vs12 and it felt good to have such big combats again.

Spoiler

[close]