Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer III  (Read 3653 times)

Elsse

Re: Total War: Warhammer III
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2021, 04:16:36 pm »
Am I the only one that hated Shogun 2?

Also I think Attila is the best one they’ve ever made. Just plays way better than any other. The mods on this are also great.
Loved Shogun 2
Hated Attila

Skaen

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2021, 04:18:00 pm »

Also I think Attila is the best one they’ve ever made. Just plays way better than any other. The mods on this are also great.
Loved Shogun 2
Hated Attila
Same. The time period really didn't interest me, but the period is a personal preference of course. The one thing I really hate that they should have fixed with that game is a decent optimization.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2021, 06:13:09 am »
Shogun 2 grew on me.  I didnt care for it at first.  I decided to play it until i got "my monies worth" and ended up liking it as i figured more things out.  It is the only TW game i have done and finished Coop campaigns in.   

FotS could of been great, but there were some bugs and the maps were just too small for both land and naval combat. 

While Rome 2 is a better time period and performed better, Attila is a far superior game.  It had everything Rome 2 should of had.  If the end turn times were faster, i would still play it today.   It is the only TW game i really modded.(people still use my mods and comment on them every now and then out of the blue)

As for WH3, i personally dont care for Chaos factions.  Perhaps that is due to Chaos being a boring hoard faction, like Attila.   If they revamp hoards or make them different, then i could like them more.   I am not a fan of randomly spawning doom stacks.(same gripe i had in attila.  Made parts of the map unfun or unplayable due to the spam.)  Id rather face a large empire that is built up. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2021, 06:44:04 am »
will this have big boob demons ?

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2021, 08:13:44 am »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2021, 11:33:58 am »
ETW2 would be much better game than boring Napoleon, also 3K is quite good actually, enjoyed it more than rome 2 for example.

Luckily I never got into warhammer so enjoy paying 60€ for a map extension and a few more factions KEKW
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2021, 02:21:43 pm »
at a time where games are both shit and expensive, an expensive good game is better than nothing kore. i too thought it was gonna be trash when they announced it but it turns out its actually an enjoyable game

Yeah, Shogun 2 is legendary. I played around with the files and made the units a bit bigger as well as more canons in one unit and it's just crazy. Co-Op in Shogun 2 I haven't played much but yeah I indeed have heard good things about it. Just NTW was so piss poor.
ntw might have had imperfect campaigns but it gave us the dopest battles ive ever played in a TW

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 02:26:20 pm by DayBoul »
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Skaen

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2021, 02:43:16 pm »
Same, I still think NTW has one of the most fun battle gameplays you could have. Sorry I directed the "piss poor" more to the co-op function in NTW. I should have been more clear.

@Thunder, which mods did you make? :3
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 03:05:26 pm by Skaenn »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2021, 03:25:31 pm »

Loved Shogun 2
Hated Attila
Same. The time period really didn't interest me, but the period is a personal preference of course. The one thing I really hate that they should have fixed with that game is a decent optimization.
Atilla is an odd one, personally don’t care for the time period at all, and find the base game bland af. It’s only saving grace is the many talented modders making mods for it, it’s a shame the majority of them run like shit due to Attila optimisation.

Skaen

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2021, 03:33:57 pm »
True like seriously, I had a GTX 1080 Ti a while ago and it couldn't even run a normal-sized battle on max settings. I got like 40 fps. It's crazy.

Is Three Kingdoms well optimized as well as the other Warhammer games? Because I haven't played them yet. Although I am planning to.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2021, 03:36:21 pm »

Loved Shogun 2
Hated Attila
Atilla is an odd one, personally don’t care for the time period at all, and find the base game bland af. It’s only saving grace is the many talented modders making mods for it, it’s a shame the majority of them run like shit due to Attila optimisation.
I just think the way it plays is much better than any other game. Units interacting, charges, movement, animations, camera. I don’t care for the campaign much in any Total War game. I mostly just play for awesome battles and mods, and Attila has the best mods by far.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2021, 04:53:09 pm »
True like seriously, I had a GTX 1080 Ti a while ago and it couldn't even run a normal-sized battle on max settings. I got like 40 fps. It's crazy.

Is Three Kingdoms well optimized as well as the other Warhammer games? Because I haven't played them yet. Although I am planning to.
Both Three Kingdoms and the Warhammer games ran fine on my GTX 1070/i5 6600k at first. However when I recently went back to WH2 I had major fps problems on the overworld map for some reason. Dunno if it was an update that did it or if my pc is slowly dying. Sieges weren't great for fps in either game, but were playable at least.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2021, 05:07:02 pm »
I am hoping for ETW2.  Despite the many flaws ETW had, i liked how the game evolved over time with the variety of techs and  the new cities.  I always hope they bring that back combined with the way they currently do cities, and provide trade offs for focusing on growing a main city and rural cities.

NTW was ok.  It only became fun when i doubled unit sizes, but the maps werent really made for that.  I didn't like the cut things like firing by line.

Last i played 3k, it ran well enough.  My problem was random crashing in the mid to late game that made finishing impossible at times.  The other minor gripe is in the regular mode, the Leaders can solo entire armies.  You need to focus them with a ton of xbows to kill the toughest ones, and even that takes a while.

WH2 runs really well for me.  Turning down shadows is the biggest change in performance for me.

as for my mods. 

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009617885/myworkshopfiles/

there is only one mod im not that happy with, mainly because i just dumped things i wanted changed in it(AI tweaks), rather than making 2-3 mods out of it.  because the turn times are so slow, it was hard to test some of the changes.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:43:01 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Vortx

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 06:35:15 pm »
ntw might have had imperfect campaigns but it gave us the dopest battles ive ever played in a TW
And one of the dumbest AIs ever made. Seems like a common problem with any TW AI that has to be compensated by unreal buffs such as spawning full stacks of armies with extreme low maintaining costs in just 1 turn.

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 06:44:47 pm »
And one of the dumbest AIs ever made. Seems like a common problem with any TW AI that has to be compensated by unreal buffs such as spawning full stacks of armies with extreme low maintaining costs in just 1 turn.
Once saw an Oldenbourg with 3 full stacks. A province that isnt able to pay for 4 units if I own it. Seems legit