Author Topic: Anymore Factions?  (Read 25114 times)

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Anymore Factions?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »
Well as far as I know the Canadians saved the Belgian coastline

Canada was in British Commonwealth, and i said British and french.

Yes and were went the 2 millions german soldiers? Facing your troops? No.
So yes we saved your coasts, directly and indirectly.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:14:31 pm by Nardu »

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 09:14:52 pm »
People why you so scared about mobile warfare? I stated above - that only big diffrence is the tactics, as long as every faction will have cavalry and artillery, nothing will change too much. Get out of trenches and walk a bit, there IS a world beyond trenches  :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:17:08 pm by Prince_Eugen »

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 09:15:53 pm »
2. Charlemagne was born in Liege (that's in Belgium) and Clovis was born in Belgica - aka modern Belgium.
My Grandpa was born in Gabon during colonial times, does that make him an African or Gabonese or whatever that lives there?

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 09:21:53 pm »
Kind of getting off topic here.

Offline Captain America

• Second Lieutenant
  • One realm, one God, one King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2014, 09:46:53 pm »
I would say Serbia because they best at removing Ottoman kebab and dirty Austrian Ustaše, but then we'd have a ridiculously over powered nation against a load of puny ones like the UK or France.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »
^ Agreed, I was a part of it I'll admit and for that I apologize but I'm done now.

Back on topic though. Here's an example of the effect the Belgians had on the German offensive. The Schlieffen Plan outlined that Liege was supposed to be taken in no more than 2 days. It took 12. The Belgians cost the Germans dearly for every mile to buy the Allies - particularly the UK - time and in that goal they succeeded. The line was set up at the Yser and there the Germans were held until the Allies pushed back and into Germany. I'm not saying that Belgium is the savior of WW1, in that aspect you are misquoting me. There were many aspects to the Allied victory and many contributors. My point is that Belgium is one of those contributors and that it would be pretty damned interesting for a game to do something different for once instead of going with the same old factions as every other game or movie has done again and again. I don't know why you're so hostile about my opinion that Belgium should be a faction but for what it's worth I understand why you want factions like Serbia or Russia - I just have a differing opinion.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 09:56:56 pm »
^ Agreed, I was a part of it I'll admit and for that I apologize but I'm done now.

Back on topic though. Here's an example of the effect the Belgians had on the German offensive. The Schlieffen Plan outlined that Liege was supposed to be taken in no more than 2 days. It took 12. The Belgians cost the Germans dearly for every mile to buy the Allies - particularly the UK - time and in that goal they succeeded. The line was set up at the Yser and there the Germans were held until the Allies pushed back and into Germany. I'm not saying that Belgium is the savior of WW1, in that aspect you are misquoting me. There were many aspects to the Allied victory and many contributors. My point is that Belgium is one of those contributors and that it would be pretty damned interesting for a game to do something different for once instead of going with the same old factions as every other game or movie has done again and again. I don't know why you're so hostile about my opinion that Belgium should be a faction but for what it's worth I understand why you want factions like Serbia or Russia - I just have a differing opinion.
Russia saved Paris in 1914, their constant pressure made Germans to send a lot of troops there. Russian army almost fully destroyed Austro-Hungarian army. Even the Expeditionary corps of Russian army was on western front in quantity of almost 50.000, almost half to Belgian army.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »

We never denied that belgians played a role, and I  agree about  that Belgium was one of the contributors.

I'm not hostile to the fact of that Belgium could be in the game, you misunderstood my sentences too, just i was hostile to the opinion of they deserved more "than russians or Austrians a place in this mod. And i gave the precision " if you go on this way", meaning if you want to compare the size of every countries attributes during ww1. But i never said "Belgium doesn't have to be in this mod. I will enjoy every nation that will be added, to me they deserve all to be in. But not because one deserve more.

If they had minors nations, they will have less people. Anglo zulu wars is interesting, but how many players they had compared to BI? And how many  since they put Uk and a bunch of murican troops?

devs must make their mod alive, and it is not easy to find informations and pictures in big quantities to make a minor country's full  army. That is why it's alway the same nations.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:58:36 pm by Nardu »

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
  • A glorious death is his who for his country falls.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timo
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 11:48:38 pm »

We never denied that belgians played a role, and I  agree about  that Belgium was one of the contributors.

I'm not hostile to the fact of that Belgium could be in the game, you misunderstood my sentences too, just i was hostile to the opinion of they deserved more "than russians or Austrians a place in this mod. And i gave the precision " if you go on this way", meaning if you want to compare the size of every countries attributes during ww1. But i never said "Belgium doesn't have to be in this mod. I will enjoy every nation that will be added, to me they deserve all to be in. But not because one deserve more.
Now lets All get drunk and live in peace and wait for the next faction XD
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 11:56:00 pm »
Indeed, enough arguing and misunderstandings - I apologize for what my part in the misunderstandings.

Lets enjoy this awesome mod and the factions that are to come.

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2014, 02:48:07 am »
Why does Nobody say they want Romania in this mod :( they were a quite Important nation in ww1
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
  • A glorious death is his who for his country falls.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timo
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2014, 07:36:26 am »
Why does Nobody say they want Romania in this mod :( they were a quite Important nation in ww1
Well i do but we must stop fighting or WW3 will happen
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2014, 08:04:59 am »
Well i do but we must stop fighting or WW3 will happen
*Hides the Nuke all nations button* Yeah....Right we should stop...fighting...
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2014, 09:35:38 am »

I did. In a big "others entente" nation with Serbia USA etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 09:42:26 am by Nardu »

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2014, 09:38:45 am »
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4[/youtube]
Spoiler
Just joking pls don't hurt me
[close]
[close]