Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 3 | Finals  (Read 45240 times)

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | 12th August : Match-week 4
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2019, 08:58:12 am »
Already spoken on the subject of invites a page or two ago and the actions we are taking going forward.

Just to clarify as there may be some confusion - there are two brackets of knockouts, a lower and upper; 1st and 2nd place will be claimed in the upper and 3rd claimed by the winner of the lower bracket. This is to offer incentive for those in the lower bracket to continue play, against regiments of more similar standing.

Due to the even scoring of GBT & 1ste3rdN we'll unfortunately have to randomize the seeding of the upper bracket. Just one more match to play of the group-stage (for which this Wednesday 21st has been pencilled in) and then we will be able to press on with the knock-outs! :D

I'm very sorry but i really cannot understand why you want random matches for the upper bracket. If you cannot determine 1st and 2nd place of Group A just let the winner of Group B decide who they want to fight in the semi finals. Randomizing matches would be unfair and would destroy the typical advantage of the 1st place of the groupstages. That's at least my point of view.

Well that is my point - there is no quantifiable advantage to choose since the two top teams in Group A achieved the same score. I'll grant you it is definitely bizarre the way this has came about. Just goes to show how uncertain the outcome of these larger scale matches can be.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2019, 09:44:29 am »
But isn't there a winner of Group B who deserved an advantage? I understand that both winners of Group A should be given same chances but i think it's more unfair to take the advantage of the Group B winner than opposing both Group A winners with enemies of a different level. Otherwhise we don't need to play the last match of the Group Stage. Our opponent won't be able to become 2nd or 1st of our group and when the matches of the upper bracket will be randomized, the outcome of our last match match wouldn't matter (OG hast 7 rounds won, GK too. But OG has still one Match again CP and needs one more round to be 1st place alone).

Don't understand me wrong. The matches are cool and i would like to play all of them! And it's very good that we can discuss this topic. I understand your opinion but maybe consider this point of view:
Both winners of Group A missed their chance of gaining an advantage (but they still reached semi finals!). But most likely there is a winner of Group B who definately deserved one. Maybe i understand this wrong but it seems like the advantage is being taken to balance two coalitions which both didn't manage to gain one.

If you explain this to me i will be open to your was to go. I just didn't get the point of the sense behind randomizing  :-[

Spoiler
Maybe there is a way to determine a winner of Group A. If both coalitions agree they could face each other for sudden death or maybe best of three. So both would have a chance of becoming the only winner of their group. But maybe i'm wrong and this would cost too much time or whatever xD
[close]

But really thank you for talking to me and understanding me! That's a rare thing in most tounaments and should be admired!

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2019, 10:49:31 am »
Not a problem and thanks for the discussion!

I totally understand your desire to see the first placed team in B to have an 'advantage' - but this here in my eyes is where the issue lies; there is no advantage for the team to be pitched against one team in group A over the other, as they both scored exactly the same. As you suggested there could be a decider match between 1ste3rdN and GBT, but I'm not keen on this option since we are already overrunning time wise and each week longer that we take impacts the amount of time between this tournie and the champions league.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2019, 11:13:47 am »
The only advantage i can see is the right of chosing the enemy for the semi finals. According to points this is no advantage, of course. But it just feels better than fighting a random opponent and i think every coalition has an opponent they would like to fight and one they wouldn't.

I just think that there will be a huge discussions after the semi finals like "If we fought the other coalition we would have won." or "They just had luck with their opponents.". That's the Problem with random decisions.
But now i do understand you in a better way and of course won't complain about your way to go. Just wanted to make my statement clear.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2019, 11:57:54 am »
Due to the even scoring of GBT & 1ste3rdN we'll unfortunately have to randomize the seeding of the upper bracket.

Out of curiosity, given the fact that GBT & 1ste3rdN being on the same points create an issue in seeding your knockout stage, why don't you use head to head to decide their respective final placings in the group stage?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »
Just do 1/2 final and Finals after with a bronze match instead of the 2nd playing of the brackets playing for the 3th/4th place
Spoiler
Correct me if i'm wrong cuz i might not payed a lot of attention recently
[close]
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | 22nd July : Match-week 1
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2019, 09:23:40 pm »
The Old Guard 4 - 0 The Central Powers

Spoiler

[close]

Referee: Presidente, Jakob & Tardet

Well played to both teams, it was a good match without too much rulebreaking. No global chat was requested by CP at one point but there were no excessively bad behaviours on either side, just a bit of spam chat. Despite valiant efforts from the Central Powers, the Old Guard was just too strong tonight and minus a close ending in the last round, the score reflects that. Good luck to both teams onto the next stage, the group-stage is now well and truly concluded.

Offline Jakob van Bicke

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndHess_Col_Señor_Jakob
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | 22nd July : Match-week 1
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2019, 10:44:48 pm »
The Old Guard 4 - 0 The Central Powers

Spoiler

[close]

Referee: Presidente, Jakob & Tardet

Well played to both teams, it was a good match without too much rulebreaking. No global chat was requested by CP at one point but there were no excessively bad behaviours on either side, just a bit of spam chat. Despite valiant efforts from the Central Powers, the Old Guard was just too strong tonight and minus a close ending in the last round, the score reflects that. Good luck to both teams onto the next stage, the group-stage is now well and truly concluded.

A nice match to watch and ref. We had some cases in which we were unsure about how to act (for example stone-hugging) but those never of high enough importance to void a round.
The chat restriction was put in place but sometimes not followed to the fullest (mostly broken by 1 ranker from the Nr4). As his chat wasn't really provoking or anything like that the other refs and I decided to ignore it.

Also, as I noticed it in both matches I reffed for OG up until now: If the Nr4 has any problem with me personally or with the way I ref the matches, you guys may as well tell me so or look for another ref. Cause insulting me in ingame chat might actually not be the smartest idea (for obvious reasons).

1 last thing to mention though. We refs can't see everything. If you have complaints or wanna point smth out, please do so in the Steam Groupchat or Steam direct chat. We can't keep track of everything being written in ingame chat.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2019, 10:46:30 pm »
Thanks to you both for covering the reffing — will have the semi final matches up in the morning and we will be going ahead with tardets suggestion as to how to seed the upper bracket.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2019, 10:49:04 pm »
I helped with the reffing too  :-[

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
Re: | NWBC | Season 3 | 26th August : Semi-Finals
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2019, 09:21:20 am »

|  Upper Bracket  |

|  Lower Bracket  |

1ste3rdN     VS     The Old Guard

The Cool Casuals     VS     The Central Powers

The Good the Bad & the Time-out     VS     GardeKorps

The Best Alliance     VS     The French Coalition

Rule Amendments:

First off thanks to all the teams for playing out their matches in good time and sticking with us through the tournament so far! We're a small step away from rounding this all off, but it did occur to me that I did leave an ever so slight gaping whole in the rule-set for when it came to the knock-outs - how to resolve draws...

Unless anyone has any objection we shall resolve all draws with a 5th and final deciding round; in my view anything more than this would take far too long. Any issues with this let me know but aside from that, best of luck with your semi-final matches!

It is also worth noting that the 65y have kindly stepped in to replace the 57thTR on the Central Powers team; we all know that the 40th has struggled the last few matches, having to bring most if not all the attendance themselves - so hats off to them for staying on board and I wish them the best of luck with this addition to their team.

PS
Sorry El Presidente bae <3 thanks too hun x
[close]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:24:06 am by 33rdKincaid »

Offline Señor Noel

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Señor Noel
  • Side: Union
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2019, 06:59:36 pm »
Match week: 4
Participants: TBA vs French Coalation
Involved classes: without arty
Date/Time: 28/08/2019
Referee #1: tba
Referee #2: tba

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2019, 09:25:51 pm »
TBA 1:3 French Coalition

Decent and competitive match despite the score line and with reasonably little camping on the whole, French coalition managed to win despite sporting a sizeable numbers deficiency. Good shooting and melee and some good cavalry v cavalry fights. Few fic/fol here and there nothing too serious. 1 instance of OA. Couple of rambo slays as well. Well played to both teams!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:31:10 pm by Krytenn »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2019, 09:40:08 pm »
Thanks to Krytenn and Presidente for referring our match on what looked to be very short notice.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2019, 12:23:18 pm »
Thanks to Krytenn and Presidente for referring our match on what looked to be very short notice.
Thanks indeed; with all the other commitments the team leaders have pile up on the day they could save themselves some trouble by squaring away some refs in advance!

GG to the French Coalition, advancing to the final of the lower bracket... lets start seeing these other matches materialize guys :)