Poll

Which Linebattle Rule set should be used?

NA
3 (7.5%)
EU
22 (55%)
New combined and refined set of rules
15 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: The Real Napoleonic World Championship  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Real Napoleonic World Championship
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 11:46:27 am »
Community of 20 fatties bitching about EU events, yet in this community there are actually 2 maybe 3 good players.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 11:54:57 am »
Community of 20 fatties bitching about EU events, yet in this community there are actually 2 maybe 3 good players.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 03:10:17 pm »
Every nation has "fatties" in it and it is just chan bitching at this point tbh. We NAs are tired of hearing that we are shit when the EUs don't want to come to NA to prove that they are actually better then us (only a few EUs have proven over the years that they can do solid in NA). I been playing EU comp scene for 4+ years and held my own pretty well against the best EUs and I'm not even considered that good in NA.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 03:24:21 pm »
Big question is getting all the EU nations to be willing to participate and gather a team for it.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 03:39:14 pm »
I don't disagree with the concept I just think its almost impossible to implement it fairly for everyone. Your not going to find a server in every country / region and even if you did who's going to pay for it in every case. Also even Americans struggle with their own ping west coast Vs east coast etc so to accommodate for that on EU server's is impossible as only the east coast and some mid-east Americans get what you would consider playable ping.

The EU bias stems from the larger playerbase and the complications of accommodating everybody being too varied and difficult. We all know that.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 03:44:03 pm »
Without actually reading and ignoring truly what people are arguing about, the server exchange doesn't prove anything. The closest you can get is perhaps a group of GB / FRA people on an East Coast server, but that's not what happens with the varied EU player locations. I don't see any West Coast people playing on EU servers either so...

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2019, 03:47:14 pm »
Without actually reading and ignoring truly what people are arguing about, the server exchange doesn't prove anything. The closest you can get is perhaps a group of GB / FRA people on an East Coast server, but that's not what happens with the varied EU player locations. I don't see any West Coast people playing on EU servers either so...
West coast players hardly play in any other EU/NA tournament anyway its nothing new for us

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2019, 03:48:55 pm »
West coast players hardly play in any other EU/NA tournament anyway its nothing new for us
Yeah, so how can we include fair server locations if NAs want to compete in these sorts of events, it becomes pointless.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 03:50:24 pm »
Yeah, so how can we include fair server locations if NAs want to compete in these sorts of events, it becomes pointless.
5 rounds on an east coast server (New York) then 5 rounds on whatever server region closest to the EU nation?

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 03:52:25 pm »
5 rounds on an east coast server (New York) then 5 rounds on whatever server region closest to the EU nation?
Turkish, Polish and Russian servers then, go ahead. The pings would still be abysmal for both sides, you're not solving anything unfortunately for a majority of the playerbase.

Wursti

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 03:53:22 pm »
Tbh NA winning rounds on EU (as they did) should proof that NA > EU

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 03:57:12 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Turkish, Polish and Russian servers then, go ahead. The pings would still be abysmal for both sides, you're not solving anything unfortunately for a majority of the playerbase.
Then for those guys we play on a FR server etc, not hard to accomodate.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 04:11:45 pm »
hmmmm, is a interesting idea.... like most people say, it would be almost impossible to make it 'fair' for everyone.... Also it is a pain changing servers half way through every 1v1.... furthermore, everyone in EU is fed up of 1v1's nations as we gave just had a big tourney for that..... we are waiting for NWWC (groupfights) not more of this.... maybe in the future but not straight after a big EU 1v1 tournament.

Spoiler
just my opinion.
[close]

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 04:13:38 pm »
hmmmm, is a interesting idea.... like most people say, it would be almost impossible to make it 'fair' for everyone.... Also it is a pain changing servers half way through every 1v1.... furthermore, everyone in EU is fed up of 1v1's nations as we gave just had a big tourney for that..... we are waiting for NWWC (groupfights) not more of this.... maybe in the future but not straight after a big EU 1v1 tournament.

Spoiler
just my opinion.
[close]
Nobody asked you hoodlum

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 04:17:13 pm »
You do realise that the NA nations combined has about the same population as every single EU nation combined? It's hardly a surprise that they can get some rounds against a few of the weaker nations even with a ping disadvantage, especially in LBs where you can camp like shit.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.