Author Topic: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out  (Read 26372 times)

Offline General Shepherd

• Retired General #AbimYok
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Former-82nd Regiment Leader S&M Creative Producer
    • View Profile
    • 82nd Regiment
  • Nick: General Shepherd
  • Side: Union
Re: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Q&A
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2021, 03:33:24 pm »

Power and Shot is a nice name, but it is better to choose the name Sword & Musket. It is better to have an easy and understandable name for people. This name will be permanent. If we make the name Power & Shot, this time others will suggest another name. It is very difficult to please people.

Could've come up with a more innovative name; mod seems neat though. Just throwing names out, something like 'War of Coats' would be interesting.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2021, 03:47:42 pm »
I was gonna quote that but then I realised I couldn't be bothered...
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2021, 04:36:02 pm »
Could've come up with a more innovative name; mod seems neat though. Just throwing names out, something like 'War of Coats' would be interesting.
Tbh, that sounds really worse. xD

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2021, 05:34:46 pm »
Bayonets,
Dragoons,
Swords,
Muskets

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2021, 06:46:17 pm »
Tbh, that sounds really worse. xD

Well no, ofc it sounds better. S&M is a copy paste of Mount & Musket which is a pretty tragic name. Most napleonic games have strange names, 'Battle Cry', 'Holdfast' etc. War of Coats is original and cool, you have no taste in names if you like alliteration or something that sounds familiar to every warband mod name ever. It's also odd that people think putting an '&' in-between two words makes for a great name. It doesn't.

It's why people use gamertags like 'xX_Noscoper_Xx', because it seems really cool, even when it's ghastly. Power & Shot literally sounds like the moss piss-poor name I've seen to date, its a name you'll find on some indie ice hockey game thats free on steam.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:53:14 pm by Fietta »

Skaen

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2021, 06:54:18 pm »
I'm sorry, but if I had to watch a YouTube gameplay video of a new game that would be "War of Coats", I probably would skip it because the name really doesn't catch my eye. Sword and Musket does, as it sounds 18th - early 19th century ish.

And I mean, "you have no taste in names if you like alliteration or something that sounds familiar to every warband mod name ever." Bannerlord comes out the same franchise. Why not keep it familiar? If it was a totally different game, then that's a different story.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2021, 06:55:54 pm »
You're actually so cringe if you think copying the warband mod or warband's name itself is actually good. War of Coats is literally a game anyone would watch. The only reason you'd watch something called 'Sword & Musket' is because you can already tell it's 'another' warband mod.

I'm not saying that War of Coats is the best name, but not making it sound like another warband mod that few people outside of the WB/BL community would play sounds nice. If I just got into bannerlord and saw 'sword & musket', I'd think it's another low-grade meme mod made by children because it's such an unimaginative name.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:59:28 pm by Fietta »

Skaen

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2021, 07:02:11 pm »
"The only reason you'd watch something called 'Sword & Musket' is because you can already tell it's 'another' warband mod."

That's why it's a good idea to keep the name like this. Most people just like to get to the point. Things that feel familiar will automatically drag you into it more, rather than something new you have not heard before.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2021, 07:06:05 pm »
Yes for NW MP, most of the BL community has no idea about NW and if they want to get more players, a name change is a good start. There's no point having a super appealing name to NW players knowing they'll play the mod anyways, have one thats appealing to both.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2021, 08:57:02 pm »
War of Coats might be the most dogshit name I've heard suggested so far fietta, what the fuck are you smoking.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2021, 11:05:33 pm »
mf said war of coats, i ain't playing no war of coats
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2021, 01:43:34 am »
"I don't like the name so it has to be automatically dogshit"
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2021, 02:06:53 am »
mf said war of coats, i ain't playing no war of coats
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2021, 02:33:49 am »
War of Coats might be the most dogshit name I've heard suggested so far fietta, what the fuck are you smoking.

Spoiler
[close]