Author Topic: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out  (Read 25619 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Sword & Musket - A Bannerlord Napoleonic Mod - Update Blog Out
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2023, 07:48:04 pm »
then why listen to those who still cling on warband?
Thats the point we tried to explain.

Having former reg reps, melee players etc. test the systems is fine because they are the ones that have been keeping the NW scene alive and should be involved, but not the focus of development no.

This is almost exactly the TW mindset that led to a dead Native multiplayer, kept alive only by a cadre of mediocre Warband players who enjoyed being good at a much simpler game. Mods are now populating BL's MP and it has more life to it, but for a couple of years it was a graveyard outside of organised events. The 32k number is irrelevant because over 31k of that number are in singleplayer. If you want some proper maths on that you can see my posts here and here. The focus should be on replicating Warband, and in this case NW's, overwhelming success where there was no expectation of success. NW from 2019-2022 has been substantially more populated than BL's MP, so I don't really understand where you think the focus of development should be if not on the larger and more dedicated playerbase?

Does anyone know whether the current Bannerlord player-base is mostly made of former Warband players or does it mostly consist of players completely new to the game?
In MP most of them played Warband.

destroyed by facts and logic

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy & Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2023, 08:52:47 pm »
Spoiler

Having former reg reps, melee players etc. test the systems is fine because they are the ones that have been keeping the NW scene alive and should be involved, but not the focus of development no.

This is almost exactly the TW mindset that led to a dead Native multiplayer, kept alive only by a cadre of mediocre Warband players who enjoyed being good at a much simpler game. Mods are now populating BL's MP and it has more life to it, but for a couple of years it was a graveyard outside of organised events. The 32k number is irrelevant because over 31k of that number are in singleplayer. If you want some proper maths on that you can see my posts here and here. The focus should be on replicating Warband, and in this case NW's, overwhelming success where there was no expectation of success. NW from 2019-2022 has been substantially more populated than BL's MP, so I don't really understand where you think the focus of development should be if not on the larger and more dedicated playerbase?

Does anyone know whether the current Bannerlord player-base is mostly made of former Warband players or does it mostly consist of players completely new to the game?
[close]

it's useless Jordy, you know very well that they don't really care that much about the competitive aspect of their mod (and I don't blame them because I understand the logic behind it), if they really cared about the competitive aspect of their mod they would have contacted veterans competitive players like Achilles ExTaZz Python etc... instead of trusting some nonames, It will be a good casual mod, that's all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 08:55:09 pm by Zeyden 狼 »
This is the competition, everyone insulting french players and i don't care, we will prove it in tournament - LeBrave "The Precursor"

NW is mental game, I have said what need to be said... you all bad and rue day you mess with me big anime profile man

Offline Futui_tuto

• Sergeant
  • S&M Senior developer & Level design lead
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Maj_Futui
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2023, 12:33:06 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
it's useless Jordy, you know very well that they don't really care that much about the competitive aspect of their mod (and I don't blame them because I understand the logic behind it), if they really cared about the competitive aspect of their mod they would have contacted veterans competitive players like Achilles ExTaZz Python etc... instead of trusting some nonames, It will be a good casual mod, that's all.

It sounds kind of fun, considering the fact that the first public game mode on alpha start is groupfighting.

I think it would be logical to work with people who are active in mod, play events and public, and give advice in feedback channels in our discord. Roughly speaking, feedback will be most appreciated from experienced NW players, who played for a while in S&M and adapt a little to the bannerlord engine. Making an exact copy of what was done more than 10 years ago is far from the right way.
In my vision, we need to adapt the best techniques/ideas from NW and make the combat more responsive and accurate on the new engine.

Btw mb I will express an unpopular opinion, without a share of casual gameplay we will die out, public sieges, battles and deathmatches are big funnel where all regiments were looking for recruits, some of them over time became the game's "backbone". I don’t think that someone bought NW and from start "oh, how dat cool to be 0 10 on gf, I wanna more".
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:38:07 am by Futui_tuto »

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2023, 01:20:53 am »
It sounds kind of fun, considering the fact that the first public game mode on alpha start is groupfighting.

Just for information, groupfighting is also something casual, it's a all public gamemode you can find the biggest RP regiments doing groupfighting, it's not because you're doing a groupfighting server that you take on a competitive dimension on the mod.

I think it would be logical to work with people who are active in mod, play events and public, and give advice in feedback channels in our discord. Roughly speaking, feedback will be most appreciated from experienced NW players, who played for a while in S&M and adapt a little to the bannerlord engine. Making an exact copy of what was done more than 10 years ago is far from the right way.

Obviously making an exact copy is not a good idea but taking inspiration from the elements that make this game addictive is a good idea. As for taking the opinion of active people on the mod I understand your point of view and I'm not saying that you should close the feedbacks to only """"experts (lol)"""" but that having a process to recruit these """"experts (lol)""""  like Taleworlds did with the bannerlord alpha players (Unity & AE & FT players etc.. ...) would have been a great reassurance for the competitive future for most of us and would greatly show your desire to integrate the NW competitive community into bannerlord once and for all.

In my vision, we need to adapt the best techniques/ideas from NW and make the combat more responsive and accurate on the new engine.
Yes I agree with you on that

Btw mb I will express an unpopular opinion, without a share of casual gameplay we will die out, public sieges, battles and deathmatches are big funnel where all regiments were looking for recruits, some of them over time became the game's "backbone". I don’t think that someone bought NW and from start "oh, how dat cool to be 0 10 on gf, I wanna more".

Obviously (and your opinion is not unpopular most people would agree with you), casuals are a big part of the community and they should not be forgotten, but make no mistake the complexity of NW keeps people playing and trying to get better at it.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 01:25:21 am by Zeyden 狼 »
This is the competition, everyone insulting french players and i don't care, we will prove it in tournament - LeBrave "The Precursor"

NW is mental game, I have said what need to be said... you all bad and rue day you mess with me big anime profile man

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2023, 11:54:26 pm »
people gotta move on
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2023, 09:27:33 am »
Why do people just want to play the same game for another 10 years? Why not take the opportunity to develop on it.

Nobody is saying it can't be similar but why does it have to be a copy?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2023, 09:32:33 am »
Why do people just want to play the same game for another 10 years? Why not take the opportunity to develop on it.

+1 completely agree with this. I’d love to see something fresh. Something we haven’t experienced before. They just want a melee clone just so they can boost their e-peen again on some melee list no one will ever see outside the community.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2023, 11:35:51 am »

+1 completely agree with this. I’d love to see something fresh. Something we haven’t experienced before. They just want a melee clone just so they can boost their e-peen again on some melee list no one will ever see outside the community.

Nonsense, Bannerlord's MP was almost completely dead for 2 years, outside of organised events, in part because the base combat is terrible. There were a swathe of other issues but one of the most complained about was the combat.

Something new for the sake of being new is not a good thing. The combat hasn't been "developed" on, it's Bannerlord combat with a few changes. Step 1 should be making it as close as possible to NW, then improving on it. The baseline should be the predecessor, particularly as NW has been so popular for so many years.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2023, 11:50:21 am »

Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2023, 12:31:09 pm »
I mean I don’t mind new melee system if the melee isnt bad. But the melee here is just bad lol. And listening to feedback is your only option to improve it. Don’t be like the million other company’s and actually listen to your player base who do know better when it comes to some things.

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2023, 12:59:38 pm »

Because everyone plays for the sake of competition. I don't think that in Bannerlord with such a melee system people will have enough nerves

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2023, 01:19:30 pm »

Considering it's 4 block and attack directions, we can safely assume that the basis of the game is the same as NW, so even if the combat is not exactly the same everything else certain is, it's still going to be the 'same game' for another 10 years, so that's just a moot point.

If the combat is currently a step back from NW, I think we should go back to basics, especially considering the most successful NW game to date is the one we've been playing for the past 10 years (unless you're including that total war game).

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:21:17 pm by Fietta »

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2023, 02:32:19 pm »

Who is "They" lol ? Can't you see that people just want a good melee, who cares if it's different or not, just good. Nobody said we should make a perfect copy of NW, get out of your imagination bruv

Skaen

« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2023, 02:42:17 pm »

Who is "They" lol ? Can't you see that people just want a good melee, who cares if it's different or not, just good. Nobody said we should make a perfect copy of NW, get out of your imagination bruv
r/woosh

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2023, 03:09:16 pm »

r/woosh
Yeah I guess thinking is not your thing after all, go back to doing BB code it suits you better  :P