Author Topic: Lancers :/  (Read 10425 times)

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Matim
  • Side: Neutral
Lancers :/
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:08:34 am »
The most annoying, op and best cav unit.
Lancers are almost as fast as hussars, got freaking lances that are long and fast as hell and can both couch lances and thrust them.
There is just no way to kill skilled lancer with a cuirassier and it's almost impossible to do it with hussar. They have no disadventages.
The best way to change it is to make lancers able only to couch the lance, make the lances really slower or give lancers heavy horses.
Thanks for your attention.

Offline Skott

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skott
Re: Lancers :/
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:38:20 pm »
Well lancers only have one attack direction, making their attacks easy to block. I would rater fight a lancer than a hussar.
England expects that every man will do his DUTY.
 - Horatio Nelson

Offline Vanguard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Kpr_Vanguard
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 08:47:37 pm »
Sure,but block a couched lance.
Skilled lancer will use his light horse to drive  and stab some other  horses then retreat-its annoying and impossible to counter.

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:09:45 pm »
Well lancers only have one attack direction, making their attacks easy to block. I would rater fight a lancer than a hussar.

Teach your horse to block lances (Not even commenting couched attacks).

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:32:33 pm »
As a person who constantly plays with and against  lancer regiment, I can lancers are not OP.  It is not that hard as a Hussar to make a lancer buck then you cut them in half because they cant block.  Couched lances shouldn't be a problem unless you let yourself get dehorsed.  If you get dismounted, you are basically already dead because the horse is everything to cavalry.(Yes, you can still fight dismounted but your team lost that mobility advantage)

A few other things I would like to point out:

Never attack a lancer head on. NEVER.  Lancers are by design an anti-cav class.  Ideally you never attack anyone head on no matter the class.

Heavy Cav are basically an anti-infantry class.  Their ability to take hits with their armor plus that very powerful sword is what makes them good against infantry.  They however so slow that they are easy targets for any cavalry class that has  medium or light horse. (as long as those players know what they are doing.)  I would say it is best to avoid any cavalry fight as heavy cav.

As a Hussar you have better maneuvering than any other class so you have to use that to get the better position against the enemy.  Attacking anyone head on that knows you are there is a death sentence because of the small sword and the amount of damage you can take is very small.(Horse and person)  Your best choice is to run them down from behind or go out to flanks.

These are a few things I have learned since I have been playing NW.  A few of them are common sense for the most part but hard to learn.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:10:09 pm »
Lancers are by design an anti-cav class. 
Heavy Cav are basically an anti-infantry class. 
this pretty much sums it up but i would describe Hussars as anti-skirmish/arty cav, as well as flankers,as they are faster they can dodge past lines and attack the weak points (i.e. arty and skirms) sure skirms might kill some but Hussars can kill them all and get out before they can get counter attacked (if timed right)
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 10:12:29 pm »
Sure,but block a couched lance.
Skilled lancer will use his light horse to drive  and stab some other  horses then retreat-its annoying and impossible to counter.
Actually "light" or "medium" horses lancers get are shittier versions of those other classes get - they're slower, less maneuverable and have less health.
You'll have problem with couched lances only as heavy cavalry but seeing how lancers are the only one who can actually hurt them without shooting it's not that big of a problem. Also you can dodge most of couched lances.
Bayonet stab is quite longer than couched lance so infantry doesn't have a problem with it.

Lacking the ability to block with lance, even slightest mistakes can get lancer easily killed. Also, hussars who bank as lancers do (forcing lancer to poke your horse makes this even easier)  can cut them down easily because their horses are better. It's the cavalry food chain - hussars eat lancers, lancers eat heavy cavalry, heavy cavalry eats infantry and everyone eats dragoons (they are NWs version of plankton).

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 10:32:36 pm »
As a person who constantly plays with and against  lancer regiment, I can lancers are not OP.  It is not that hard as a Hussar to make a lancer buck then you cut them in half because they cant block.
Lancer just has to ride away. Dont forget that he has got light horse.
I don't know how often you play on cav gf (didnt see you), and how often you face skilled lancer. It's not a problem to kill noobs, no matter what class they play.

Couched lances shouldn't be a problem unless you let yourself get dehorsed.
When your horse stops, the next thing that you usually see is

Heavy Cav are basically an anti-infantry class.  Their ability to take hits with their armor plus that very powerful sword is what makes them good against infantry.  They however so slow that they are easy targets for any cavalry class that has  medium or light horse. (as long as those players know what they are doing.)  I would say it is best to avoid any cavalry fight as heavy cav.

Again, lancers got freaking lances, and can couch them. The only thing they have to do is couch their lances and charge infantry from behind. Of course, they can draw their sabres and play like hussars as well. I woudnt say that heavy cav is anti-infantry. Footman have more time to attack cuirassier, than hussar. After stab, usually your horse or you are dead. Anyway, i get your point, and there i some truth in it.

Offline Blacky

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lutecinette
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »
The only solution : Heavy horse for Lancer.

They can easily stay behind a light horse and easier against a heavy horse with light cav.

In the cav_groupfighting server (so pure cav server), when this is just one hussars against one lancer : Lancer refuse to have the hussar behind him (it's normal, it's his only weakness) and the round is never ending.
Lutecinette

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:58:08 pm »
In my opinion, lancers should drop their lance after switching to another weapon or make a chance to break the lance (like The Deluge mod) to improve the balance. I used to be in lancer regiment so I must admin that experienced lancer will always win a duel against other cavalry class.

Offline tibu22

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 11:24:51 pm »
Patrykus but the hussars are like full speed with short sword but good against curriasers and lancers too.
If you see hussar vs hussar the good way i think leaving that fight.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:41 pm »

Lancer just has to ride away. Don't forget that he has got light horse.
I don't know how often you play on cav gf (didn't see you), and how often you face skilled lancer. It's not a problem to kill noobs, no matter what class they play.

I play nothing but Cav anymore whether that be in US1, in Linebattles, or groupfighting.  I even train against the 1erPLG(NA) and they  are the best Cavalry Regiment in NA from what I have seen.  I know how to effectively kill lancers.  You make them buck and use you horses mobility to get behind them and cut them while they are still stuck.

When your horse stops, the next thing that you usually see is

Well it doesn't really matter what you get killed by when your horse bucks.  You put your self in that bad situation.

Again, lancers got freaking lances, and can couch them. The only thing they have to do is couch their lances and charge infantry from behind. Of course, they can draw their sabres and play like hussars as well. I wouldn't say that heavy cav is anti-infantry. Footman have more time to attack cuirassier, than hussar. After stab, usually your horse or you are dead. Anyway, i get your point, and there i some truth in it.

So what if they have lances and can couch them?  A bayonet can outrange a lance anytime.  and the heavy cav sword is a lot longer than the sabre that hussars get on top of the fact that the heavy cav sword is almost always a 1 hit kill for me.  You can fight with infantry and still make it out alive even after taking a hit or two.  Hussars can't do that. They can only rely on outflanking to stay alive and fight on.

Now, don't take this the wrong way but I have seen so many inexperienced cav players in game say something is OP because they don't know how to deal with it. With more experience I am sure you will have no problem dispatching them.  As a Veteran Cav player, I am trying to aid other cav players.  I can admin that I still have many things to learn.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 12:24:41 am »
There must be something wrong.Heavy cav is the best cav in my opinion)
Anyways.Lancers that are really good are difficult to kill.Although there is one thing that all(even the best cav players) have a weakness. You shoot their horses.Also block down when they are attacking, and jump out of the way when they are about to couche lance you.They can not turn that quickly without having to break the couche lance stance.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 12:36:44 am »
My opinion about Lancers ? :D

Spoiler
[close]

Most seriously, I don't think that lancers are a very very hard cavalry class to fight, we just have to stay away from them with our horses, to wait until they lauch their attack (which will fail ^^) and to rush them with speed, and kill them (they can't block).
But I must to confess that it's a very annoying class when you have to face it ;D

Hussars FTW ! ;)
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 12:41:13 am »
In my opinion Lancers are relatively easy to take out, one rage inducing event is when you get snaked by a friendly then stabbed by an enemy lancer.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb