Poll

Do you think TOG boycotting independent tournaments is good for the community?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: 🦀 Crab meme is gone 🦀 (thanks to V OMEGALUL L U B L E)  (Read 11186 times)

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 🦀 Freedom of hosting tournaments is gone 🦀
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 11:18:47 pm »

Well I guess it is another policy of yours that voting is public like in every democratic country, oh wait no thats in Syria. On FSE voters are rarely displayed so I don't what are you on about. And yes let use traditional US liberal startegy of saying oh its Russian bots rigging the eletion, very creative. I didn't ask anyone to vote meanwhile you have yours actually vote.

https://gyazo.com/97c12c926efeff9945d8b1832c2755ff Just one example of what i was doing fam :) No fse vote is  a valid way of getting a communities opinion as external people can vote if asked to!
Yeah, vote of 10 team captains is.
Btw what are you trying to do here? As you said yourself the bulk of the competitive community is on board with this so why have you come out of nowhere and cried on fse? If you really wanted to resolve the issue you should have taken one of the lengthy discussions me and Herishey had with you and did something productive with it and met us in the middle. People agreed to these rules and agreed with this structure and the boycotting so when u refused to budge we boycotted! Don't make out like we did not try to work it out with you and don't try to make out like we just said "nah boycotted bye" because we both made many efforts to resolve it and I even messaged ckne to speak to you about meeting us in the middle! We made it very clear the minimum requirements to comply with what we have going and them requirements are in place to safeguard the competitiveness and the efficiency of the tournament hosting as we have had a few poor tournaments in past few months (last one was a 5v5 and it went on for 4 hours) so when you declined them, we after trying for ages asked some people about boycotting then when we had a general consensus then we boycotted it. This is not a decision by one or two people, it was done by multiple people and with the blessing of a lot more in hope of improving tournament quality, competitiveness and efficiency in hosting!
Competitive community is a small part of whole community. I didn't come out of nowhere I talked with Herishey but we wouldn't be able to conclude anything as we disagreed, now why are you having a problem with me bringing up this publically if everyone is so on board and knows all this. I am not trying to make it out as if you weren't willing to negotitate with me I said you did in my post, what you fail to realise is that no one has to negotiate with you about anything. You are no authority just a group of scummy people bullying others with your cartel.
"You are no authority just a group of scummy people bullying others with your cartel" McPero2k19
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 11:52:00 pm »
So basically you are upset because the other kids in the sandbox didnt share with you???? :o :-\ jkjk lol but really though fam.....

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:56:33 pm by PapaBean »

Offline Mighty Irish Man

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Pte_Mighty
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2019, 12:39:04 am »
Tbh at first I was against it but I believe it’s for the greater good so just go along with it or go suck ur own knob with the 5 people that sign up for any tournaments that are not through TOG.

You're actually special Smylie.

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2019, 08:14:37 am »
Tbh at first I was against it but I believe it’s for the greater good so just go along with it or go suck ur own knob with the 5 people that sign up for any tournaments that are not through TOG.

Yes I know but I’m truthful

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2019, 09:36:45 am »
I don't have time to read the messages and the Thread message, I only read the first 3 sentences so I'll be quick.

How do you dare saying that ? On the European side, tournaments are DEAD, only a little group of people are taking it seriously. To me, 2019 was the end of the NW competition, so we decided to make the TOG, who is here to maintain the old level of competition by organizing bigger tournaments with prize pools.

Also, the three  principal european tournaments hosters (which are MightyPaiN, MarxeiL and me) all agreed with this organization.

I just don't understand how you dare saying that, we're no trying to have a monopoly but to save this game, so it doesn't die before Bannerlord comes.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:45:54 am by Fotin »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2019, 10:06:53 am »
This guy had his project in the making for weeks and as he's about to present it the TOG appears (officially, in FSE) and suddenly everything changes. I would have given it a month to make all points clear and transparent, and to have everyone know about the new order of things from team cpts to any community member be it players or potential organisers aware. Its not only a matter of formalities but also of time.
Since yesterday I think this is probably the only 'new' point I need to address. The project itself had also been in work for around a month, brought up on FSE via Fotin's thread that was in the community area (I believe), someone can probably find a link to it. It was discussed with the majority of people that have been hosting in the community or leading any major gf teams before we moved ahead with it as we of course wanted to check anyone that we deemed relevant at the time. McPero of course was not in that list as he hasn't hosted an event since 2017, and he probably never read the thread that I mention again because he isn't very active on FSE anymore.

I'd just like to point out that it's being made out like this was a secret or hidden agenda but it really wasn't. It may have been to a few players within teams or anyone outside of the competitive community as we didn't see it relevant to speak to them until it was definitely going ahead, but there was nothing stopping other organisers discussing it with others or captains discussing it with their team members.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Mighty Irish Man

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Pte_Mighty
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2019, 12:54:02 pm »

That doesn't make it any better.

Offline King_Macbeth

• Second Lieutenant
  • Human.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Col_King-Macbeth
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2019, 02:44:50 pm »
NA>EU lmao

EUs will unironically defend this

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2019, 04:32:56 pm »

That doesn't make it any better.

I’m allowed to be special!

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2019, 06:04:30 pm »
I want to end all this on one single point. "Freedom of hosting tournaments is gone" ~McPero2k19     We never said you "couldn't" host! We said the large group of teams within our organisation have all agreed to boycott tournaments we deem unfit or unable to meet in the middle! So by all means feel absolutely free to host the tournament as we are not stopping you nor shall we try to prevent you! We are just stating to you that we will not participate so do as you will mate and good luck if you do.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2019, 07:07:31 pm »
You may share the idea of a tournament, rules and your own map/referee team via Steam with us. Even though, we will help you hosting it, so it's even better for you and community at all. I can't see the problem there..

By the way, the next month is basically free, so go on.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2019, 09:32:11 pm »
I don't have time to read the messages and the Thread message, I only read the first 3 sentences so I'll be quick.

How do you dare saying that ? On the European side, tournaments are DEAD, only a little group of people are taking it seriously. To me, 2019 was the end of the NW competition, so we decided to make the TOG, who is here to maintain the old level of competition by organizing bigger tournaments with prize pools.

Also, the three  principal european tournaments hosters (which are MightyPaiN, MarxeiL and me) all agreed with this organization.

I just don't understand how you dare saying that, we're no trying to have a monopoly but to save this game, so it doesn't die before Bannerlord comes.

Just don't post anything if you are not willing to read the whole thing or put any effort into learning proper English.

This guy had his project in the making for weeks and as he's about to present it the TOG appears (officially, in FSE) and suddenly everything changes. I would have given it a month to make all points clear and transparent, and to have everyone know about the new order of things from team cpts to any community member be it players or potential organisers aware. Its not only a matter of formalities but also of time.
Since yesterday I think this is probably the only 'new' point I need to address. The project itself had also been in work for around a month, brought up on FSE via Fotin's thread that was in the community area (I believe), someone can probably find a link to it. It was discussed with the majority of people that have been hosting in the community or leading any major gf teams before we moved ahead with it as we of course wanted to check anyone that we deemed relevant at the time. McPero of course was not in that list as he hasn't hosted an event since 2017, and he probably never read the thread that I mention again because he isn't very active on FSE anymore.

I'd just like to point out that it's being made out like this was a secret or hidden agenda but it really wasn't. It may have been to a few players within teams or anyone outside of the competitive community as we didn't see it relevant to speak to them until it was definitely going ahead, but there was nothing stopping other organisers discussing it with others or captains discussing it with their team members.

Yeah let's elegantly ignore some of the things and say they have been addressed.

That's not how things work in a normal community. Just because idea has been publicly discussed doesn't means TOG is exactly what has been discussed. Many things have been discussed on that thread and I believe not all the ideas are now in the TOG structure, so how does one know which ideas that have been brought up are now used in TOG, it is just not how things work. How is boyotting irelevant piece of information, please don't be so ridiculous. Your statement makes no sense, why are you posting a thread on FSE when things aren't final yet? If you are claimed you came to an agreement about boycotting after the thread was finished than why was it not updated? In what world can people be "on board" with some organisation when they don't fully know what this organisation is, since organisation itself apparently doesn't? You can't sign a deal and then just change it. But of course it makes more sense that you think boycotting being displayed on the forum thread would hurt the reputation of the TOG so you didn't even mention it.

You keep ignoring the fact that majority of team captains, organisers and referees are still a small minority of the community, EVERYONE is relevant. Thinking only top of the competitive scene has a say is pure elitism.
Let me make an allegory. In middle ages each city had a bakers' guild, all the bakers in the city would be part of it and would cooperate in order to make more money with less effort, because they would eliminate competition. Each baker would bake exact same amount of bread of same quality and sell it by the same price as everyone else. Now who does that effect the most? Bakers, it effected their lives very positively, but for everyone else it effected them negatively but just slightly. This is very similar to this situation where you think that because people that are most effected (positively) by TOG are elite of the competitive community so this is a great idea.

Why the team cap? Because "it has always been like that" is argument thiner than graphene, especially since it is not true.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2019, 09:58:49 pm »
I didn't ignore any of your points I addressed them all in my post before the one you quoted. Boycotting is on the thread now, you can see it on the 2nd post with the terms. I added it a few hours ago once we had agreed on some terms between the head organisers on what we believe is a fair compromise. Before this could to be added to the thread we wanted to have clarity on exactly what the terms/requirements would be.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2019, 11:09:54 pm »
I didn't ignore any of your points I addressed them all in my post before the one you quoted. Boycotting is on the thread now, you can see it on the 2nd post with the terms. I added it a few hours ago once we had agreed on some terms between the head organisers on what we believe is a fair compromise. Before this could to be added to the thread we wanted to have clarity on exactly what the terms/requirements would be.
Lie. Why are tournaments capped is still not addressed, as your 'it has always been like that' is far from the truth and it is not even an argument. As well as you didn't address how with tournament capping in theoretically having 16 captains working with TOG there is any space for anyone else when captains can easily manipulate the first come first serve system when they know when the tournament is coming up. Voluble has been even braging about 5v5 Defend the King has been signed up fully in a day just through TOG. Voluble also slipped that you need to be allowed to join TOG organisation. I really don't think he serves you well, might need to replace him.

Putting it on the thread 3 days after it is published and supposedly everyone was on board with it, doesn't changes the fact it was mysteriously missing. Even though there are still members of teams that are supposedly fully on board that don't even know whats happening. It would be really stupid if anything to not add it after you are exposed for it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 02:33:58 am by McPero »

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2019, 11:31:18 pm »
Lie. Why are tournaments capped is still not addressed, as your 'it has always been like that' is far from the truth and it is not even an argument. As well as you didn't address how with tournament capping in theoretically having 16 captains working with TOG there is any space for anyone else when captains can easily manipulate the first come first serve system when they know when the tournament is coming up. Voluble has been even braging about 5v5 Defend the King has been signed up fully in a day just through TOG. Voluble also slipped that you need to be allowed to join TOG organisation. I really don't he serves you well, might need to replace him.

Putting it on the thread 3 days after it is published and supposedly everyone was on board with it, doesn't changes the fact it was mysteriously missing. Even though there are still members of teams that are supposedly fully on board that don't even know whats happening. It would be really stupid if anything to not add it after you are exposed for it.
I did mention we was fully signed up in a day to show u the support we have through messaging eachother within the group and we currently have alot of people involved in the group representing alot of different people and communities so atm we probably do not need as many people to be apart of the organisation in terms of hosting alongside us but that does not mean they can not contribute still. Also can we stop going off topic please? The title you gave this thread is how the freedom of hosting tournaments is gone when it clearly is not as you can still clearly host the tournament when and how you want to, all we have said is that all the teams in this group are boycotting it because it does not meet the requirements we set out in our meetings with representatives from every team. So can we leave this alone now and you go host the tournament and i wish you all the luck and if you want to host in the future i hope we can sort something out together.