Poll

Are you happy with the current state of the CR?

Yes, very much!
Yes, though I remain skeptical of the idea
Yes, and I would prefer to have changes to the role
I'm indifferent or have not yet made up my mind
No, though I do not mind
No, I do not like this role

Author Topic: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)  (Read 41738 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2016, 01:30:39 pm »
It's not a terrible thing I just don't find it efficient and I don't trust this community with an "election". :P

Well I'm sure you can go find some fellow communists out there who also agree democracy is a terrible system, and together maybe you can run for CR and get enough votes to rule the community 2 months from now.

Seriously though, if you feel like shit mods are gonna get elected, then find someone who you think would be a good mod and convince them to run. Then you can tell people why their opinion is shit and why yours is god tier and boom, you got a good mod.

Offline Tenford

• Donator
  • Bestu Spaniardu?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: König Tenford
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2016, 01:30:48 pm »
Maybe popularity is good. What if a mayority prefers the man X than the man Y? and what? I know ima lose but i signed up for this, because is a chance. No body cares who I am

If this system becomes bad for the community, Duuring will do something, but now? nothing has happened
1+1=7

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2016, 01:31:24 pm »
Are you a Moderator? Do you sit on the Moderation Team? Do you know how we judge applications?

No but I would find it more fair not to be elected through popularity.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2016, 01:33:18 pm »
Community electing mods... Hitler was democratically elected (sorry I just had to, internet memes and misconceptions :D)

But seriously, give it a chance, elections are always usually a popularity contest and like Duuring said, the moderator can be recalled if the situation becomes ridiculous.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »
I can't believe that something as harmless as the CR election has become more controversial than the GIF sigs/avatars, or anything that might negatively impact the community

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2016, 01:35:37 pm »
They're Community Mods, aka, Board Moderator of the Community Board. They do not have the power to issue punishments, only to moderate. My goal is, somewhat, to make the Community moderate itself; one part is the ability of OP's to remove posts on their own threads, and now the second part is them electing their own moderators. Trust me, that's about as much autonomy as I can give to the community, and I had to plead long and hard for it.

We do not elect 'full' moderators, and we never will. Though standing in the community is an important factor in the process of picking our new mods. Once again, Marks can tell you all about it because he was still present at the time.

Offline Tenford

• Donator
  • Bestu Spaniardu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2016, 01:35:42 pm »
THATS IT! if the mod is a faggot troll, he will be removed. Dont worry! You CANT ask for perfect things 100% of the time
1+1=7

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2016, 01:38:56 pm »
It's not a terrible thing I just don't find it efficient and I don't trust this community with an "election". :P

Well I'm sure you can go find some fellow communists out there who also agree democracy is a terrible system, and together maybe you can run for CR and get enough votes to rule the community 2 months from now.

Seriously though, if you feel like shit mods are gonna get elected, then find someone who you think would be a good mod and convince them to run. Then you can tell people why their opinion is shit and why yours is god tier and boom, you got a good mod.

I don't think it's that simple in this community.

Community electing mods... Hitler was democratically elected (sorry I just had to, internet memes and misconceptions :D)

But seriously, give it a chance, elections are always usually a popularity contest and like Duuring said, the moderator can be recalled if the situation becomes ridiculous.

It could turn out great, I'm just saying that it's not just holding an election that makes a democracy.
I mean I believe the people on this forum will just vote for whoever they know and not for someone they think will make a good mod.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:41:58 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Tenford

• Donator
  • Bestu Spaniardu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2016, 01:41:48 pm »

It could turn out great, I'm just saying that it's not just holding an election that makes a democracy.
I mean I believe the people on this forum will just vote for whoever they know and not for someone they think will make a good mod.

In every country, every system, all history you find that problem. Cmon, give us a chance
1+1=7

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2016, 01:43:41 pm »

This forum isn't meant to be a democracy, it's just that the community wants a voice. This will either go really well or really ugh

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2016, 01:44:47 pm »
Personally I'm not sure why you included a none of the above option, Duuring. Seems like a way for people to be useless and take votes away from real candidates. If someone doesn't like the system they can just not vote. I'd be interesting in seeing how many people voted none of the above compared to actual people. And I was considering doing it myself until I realized it's better to just give it a shot and stop needlessly resisting.

Offline Tenford

• Donator
  • Bestu Spaniardu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2016, 01:46:10 pm »
Personally I'm not sure why you included a none of the above option, Duuring. Seems like a way for people to be useless and take votes away from real candidates. If someone doesn't like the system they can just not vote. I'd be interesting in seeing how many people voted none of the above compared to actual people. And I was considering doing it myself until I realized it's better to just give it a shot and stop needlessly resisting.

With that option you know how many people is against the candidates. Without voting you cant know it
1+1=7

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »
It's an option that let's people show how edgy they really are and say that a CR is an awful idea

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2016, 01:51:22 pm »
I'm the edge. A discussion was started I shared my opinion, you may not think the same and that's fine. k?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:00:31 pm by Furrnox »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2016, 01:52:46 pm »
And I shared my opinion. Is that not also fine?