Poll

Are you happy with the current state of the CR?

Yes, very much!
Yes, though I remain skeptical of the idea
Yes, and I would prefer to have changes to the role
I'm indifferent or have not yet made up my mind
No, though I do not mind
No, I do not like this role

Author Topic: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)  (Read 41744 times)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Opening Discussion Thread (with Poll)
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2016, 11:09:02 am »
If they cared they would have made accounts and voted for themselves.

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2016, 11:13:47 am »
If they cared they would have made accounts and voted for themselves.

Nobody will go through that much effort just to vote. Easier to use your community page

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2016, 11:16:26 am »
Mr_Ertheron got warned for trying to register two regimental accounts as voters.

Didn't see any rules stating that an account owned by multiple people couldn't be used to vote. It's a community vote and a reg/group fse account still has a voice. I was going to vote on behalf of those groups as large proportions of said groups do not have fse.

Its an FSE community vote. If those reg/groups dont use FSE, they shouldnt give 2 shits, so thats a pretty lame excuse to try and use multiple accounts to vote. There is no rule against using multiple accounts, but the whole point of having to register as a voter is to prevent you from using multiple accounts to vote. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2016, 11:18:37 am »
Mr_Ertheron got warned for trying to register two regimental accounts as voters.

Didn't see any rules stating that an account owned by multiple people couldn't be used to vote. It's a community vote and a reg/group fse account still has a voice. I was going to vote on behalf of those groups as large proportions of said groups do not have fse.

Its an FSE community vote. If those reg/groups dont use FSE, they shouldnt give 2 shits, so thats a pretty lame excuse to try and use multiple accounts to vote. There is no rule against using multiple accounts, but the whole point of having to register as a voter is to prevent you from using multiple accounts to vote. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Not really xD I stated it was gonna be used to vote on behalf of a group. People are so salty over 2 votes it's hilarious. Guess I'll just get everyone to make fse then and get 50x the votes kappa

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2016, 11:19:20 am »
I mean, if those people dont use FSE, what possible interest could they have in their FSE community representative?

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2016, 11:21:11 am »
I mean, if those people dont use FSE, what possible interest could they have in their FSE community representative?

Just because they don't have an account it doesn't mean they don't use it. Some choose to not have an account. But they still want the voice of the community heard. I didn't have fse for like 5 months but I used it often. Yh an account provides more of a voice as you are more involves but it's not needed really. Can ask others to voice opinions etc

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2016, 11:23:16 am »
As far as I know the CR is only getting "powers" on the forums so again why would someone who don't use the forums give a shit?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2016, 11:25:19 am »

Just because they don't have an account it doesn't mean they don't use it. Some choose to not have an account. But they still want the voice of the community heard. I didn't have fse for like 5 months but I used it often. Yh an account provides more of a voice as you are more involves but it's not needed really. Can ask others to voice opinions etc

If they truly wanted a voice in the community, they would make an account themselves.

As far as I know the CR is only getting "powers" on the forums so again why would someone who don't use the forums give a shit?

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:09 am »
Where is this booth

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:13 am »

Learn to read pls. K4pp4 m3m3s. 👳👳👳👳👳👳👳

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2016, 11:26:53 am »
🐧

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2016, 11:29:54 am »
Don't see how the CR will make any difference for someone who just browse the forums without posting, really you're just trying to bs and call the fse facists like all other "cool" kids do.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2016, 11:50:56 am »
Why will a CR work?

First of all, it gives the community Board two active moderators.

"But what if they're trolls?"
Then I'll remove them. Simple as that.

Second, it gives the moderation team two active members who can help improve the forum as we approach BCoF Beta (and eventual release). The forum needs some cleaning up, the rules need updates, we need a new EU Moderator because the old one resigned, giving up a position where he could possibly change things for a position where he could only complain and criticize without having to risk any form of responsibility, and for all these things I need active people to support me and who know the minds of the community to a certain extend. This is not too say that members cannot (continue) sending me or posting suggestions in the Forum&Website section.

Worst case scenario, the situation stays as it is now.

Offline Tenford

• Donator
  • Bestu Spaniardu?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: König Tenford
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2016, 12:00:20 pm »
Why will a CR work?

First of all, it gives the community Board two active moderators.

"But what if they're trolls?"
Then I'll remove them. Simple as that.

Second, it gives the moderation team two active members who can help improve the forum as we approach BCoF Beta (and eventual release). The forum needs some cleaning up, the rules need updates, we need a new EU Moderator because the old one resigned, giving up a position where he could possibly change things for a position where he could only complain and criticize without having to risk any form of responsibility, and for all these things I need active people to support me and who know the minds of the community to a certain extend. This is not too say that members cannot (continue) sending me or posting suggestions in the Forum&Website section.

Worst case scenario, the situation stays as it is now.

Also you can have extra free time. Beeing "alone" is too hard when you have to deal with all the community
1+1=7

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2016, 12:02:38 pm »
If you need more active moderators that you trust you should elect them yourself since we the community could literally elect anyone (a troll, someone inactive etc) but I can see that it's hard to take the responsibility to elect someone as head moderator.