Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]  (Read 78831 times)

Offline Wardop

• Captain
  • 1a Svea Livgarde - live from an iphone hotspot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wardope
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2019, 03:52:07 am »
So HRE should be league 1?

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2019, 03:55:47 am »

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Ens_Sura_Fraser
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2019, 03:59:18 am »

1erGren numbers..not League numbers..

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2019, 04:05:28 am »

What the fuck does that even mean?

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2019, 04:22:41 am »

Im a bit confused.

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2019, 05:46:42 am »

attendance? lol

Offline Wardop

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 07, 2019, 05:49:34 am »
So big regiments should be L1 not “skilled” regiments

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 07, 2019, 05:53:55 am »
Lets make a pact in which every single regiment disbands and we kill this game.

Offline Wardop

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2019, 06:06:01 am »
Lets make a pact in which every single regiment disbands and we kill this game.

what is dead may never die

the year is 2025, the only active servers are BBG_Bot_Survival and BoB. The meta has evolved to a point where blocking is all but forgotten. Holdfast eventually dies, and the 63e comes back to NW. They are now the only regiment in the game. Everyone buys the merch. Karth is a rich man. People continue to shitpost on the FSE forums tho.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2019, 06:43:49 am »
Let's inject some logic and fact into this discussion.

Many felt that some of the rules of previous seasons of league were not being brought into account.

Yes, exactly. I rewrote the rules between Season 6 and Season 7 because they had massive gaps in many areas, including the way leagues worked. The rules of Season 5 and prior are no longer applicable and even back then, it was a stretch to say that they were.

See More
When the people running Season 1 created that league, NW was flourishing with regimental activity. The league promotion/demotion system was a fun idea and there was certainly nothing wrong with trying, but it should have been clear to the moderators of subsequent seasons that it wouldn't work. To be clear, the system makes sense, but it relies on regiment fighting ability to remain similar to what it was in previous seasons...which doesn't happen.

I documented this here:

It is my understanding that in Seasons 1-3, signatures were only made for the first place team in League 1. The reason for this was that the regiments that win League 2 were promoted into League 1 in the following season as their prize. The problem with this is that the NW community is not a professional sports league where the same regiments are guaranteed to be participating in NANWL the following season. Many regiments that participate in one season did not exist by the time the next season came around. As a result, the composition of both leagues became unstable, especially after Season 4. As far as I can see from Seasons 1-3, the progression system has never functioned as originally intended. So, each league became self-contained tournaments in of themselves.

In Season 6, we made an effort to try to return to the previous progression model, but the aforementioned issue of long-term participation came up again. In Season 7, it just became a matter of trying to separate the regiments into two different groups to prevent a vast disparity in balance. Therefore, it is only fair that the winners of each league are rewarded with signatures. To exclude League 2's winner would be to ignore the contribution and efforts of the League 2 regiments in Season 7 of the NANWL.
[close]

As much as we want it to, an ideal does not usually match reality.

No one was trying to be unfair or unreasonable.  The issues were that never in the history of this league had there been such a lopsided distribution of regiments.

Hardly true. League 1 of Season 6 was particularly lopsided. Originally the USMC and PSG were placed into League 1, but you moved them into League 2 to dominate there. Low skilled-regiments like the 22nd and LIR wee left to get trashed in League 1 despite my request to be placed into League 2. This is clear in the standings for League 1 and League 2. The USMC, PSG and 45e should all have been in League 1.

Why is LIR league one they arne't even League 1 material??
Just because a regiment didn't do well one year does not mean they won't do well the next year. If anyone has any sense you would know that the LIR are not like most League one regiment but if you are trying to define a regiment which you have no former experience with playing with. The LIR are a great regiment. Personally, after facing the LIR in 1v1s and playing for them a few times I can tell you that they are easily a league one regiment and highly undervalued because of inane bias. The only case you can make against the LIR is the fact that they are not as great of a melee regiment compared to most League one regiments, however, they are easily one of the best shooting regiments in this game which alone makes them very good for league one. Jetch's leading is also underrated in my opinion. Its nonsensical to even think of any regiment that is currently in league one isn't qualified for league one.

Have you looked at the standings from Season 6, 7 and 8? LIR has always requested placement in League 1 and has almost always gotten stomped in League 1. I imagine Jetch once again requested placement into League 1, but to say that they truly belong there is nonsensical. All the same, people who request placement into League 1 have always been allowed to play in it, regardless of whether or not they can compete on that level. Jetch has always wanted to play against the best regiments, which is quite admirable. However, saying that a regiment is League 1 material based purely on your own subjective interaction with them isn't a valid way of measuring skill.

Wouldn’t be NANWL without hella bickering on the forums

'Tis tradition
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 06:49:13 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2019, 01:56:31 pm »

clearly

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2019, 03:08:26 pm »
I got accepted into an internship at Yellowstone National Park. The internship starts on June 2nd and ends in late August. Obviously, I won't be active during this period. They are offering me a scholarship, as well as a really cool thing to put on my resume. I hope you can understand that this takes priority in my life, however, I will be very active for the weeks leading up to the internship. This is also part of the reason why we're considering merging into the RSL, numbers, and leadership. Nappy and Pooba don't want to take control of the 1er, so we wish to put the regiment in the hands of someone willing and dedicated to keeping it going. We're still figuring things out and we aren't 100% on it yet, we hope to let everyone know today or tomorrow, but definitely not after the league starts. I apologize to the moderator staff for this inconvenience. I wish everyone in NANWL good luck this season!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:10:03 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Kuni Garu

• First Lieutenant
  • 51st_Cpt_Kuni/ 17th_Invte_1stPfc_[K]uni
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2019, 05:23:30 pm »
I got a job at Disney and its important cuz ye know its Disney and shiii from july to june so like ill be busy af and like ill be here and there ye know just wanted to update yall

ps Disney is paying me 450000 so like shiii i got kids and shiii ye know yea aight ty for understanding

wheres the love?

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2019, 05:47:11 pm »
I got accepted into an internship at Yellowstone National Park. The internship starts on June 2nd and ends in late August. Obviously, I won't be active during this period. They are offering me a scholarship, as well as a really cool thing to put on my resume. I hope you can understand that this takes priority in my life, however, I will be very active for the weeks leading up to the internship. This is also part of the reason why we're considering merging into the RSL, numbers, and leadership. Nappy and Pooba don't want to take control of the 1er, so we wish to put the regiment in the hands of someone willing and dedicated to keeping it going. We're still figuring things out and we aren't 100% on it yet, we hope to let everyone know today or tomorrow, but definitely not after the league starts. I apologize to the moderator staff for this inconvenience. I wish everyone in NANWL good luck this season!

weird flex

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2019, 05:51:58 pm »

weird flex
click here to join the 84th