Poll

Tournament on medium?

Yes
46 (59.7%)
No
31 (40.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Bring back medium speed - I made a mistake xD  (Read 9819 times)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
  • Side: Union
Re: Bring back medium speed - I made a mistake xD
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2018, 01:27:09 am »
Spammers are so easy to counter... good lord you people..
The Myth, The Legend

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2018, 01:29:33 am »
I don't think you understand the point. We aren't complaining that we cant kill them, we are complaining that its boring in a game thats on its last legs, legs that were cut down into tiny peaces to live on with ants for as long as possible.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 01:36:40 am »
I don't think you understand the point. We aren't complaining that we cant kill them, we are complaining that its boring in a game thats on its last legs, legs that were cut down into tiny peaces to live on with ants for as long as possible.

So what you're saying is that making the game more difficult and trying something new that quickens the pace of combat is boring and that by going back to a slower meta that's been used for years now it'll somehow be less boring.

I think the point here is that EUs don't know how to adapt.  :o
The Myth, The Legend

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 01:41:45 am »
What?

I dont think its even worth responding to that lol, you are telling me that having a game full of players who are all playing the same way, spammy and shit because they aren't used to the new speed, is less boring than a community of players who all developed into their own playstyles over years of play, alot of it being diverse and interesting?

Also not sure where you are getting the info that the games slow, in EU dueling was extremely slow SOMETIMES due to a small community of Germans and Frenchies all learning the same playstyles from the same people, but its not a small community like NA theres dozens of those communities so even then, thats a small fraction of the time.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:43:43 am by John Price »

AeroNinja

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 01:44:59 am »
I must admit, I also hated fastest. And I was shittalking about it. Its my human weakness that I dont want to adapt and take the easy way. But any melee speed after some time is quite fun when you actually adapt to it. It makes you get to know more playstyles and expand them. And its not only the melee speed thats annoying. The newest patch was just shit. More pokes, stunts, range that is just way too much, tankers. If this was still before the patch ( ofcourse I could not know ) but I guess there would be less complaining.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2018, 01:46:41 am »
I don't think you quite got the point. Please re read what I said then edit THANKS

AeroNinja

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2018, 01:47:22 am »
That was not a respond on your comment. This was just my idea on melee speeds in General.

I should have been more clear, sorry for that.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2018, 01:50:49 am »
Ah fair enough, ye when you jump in on any kind of debate/discussion people are always gonna assume ^, I dont mind the speed at all, my point is there's a noticeable change in everyone's play style which now makes it boring imo

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2018, 02:06:52 am »
Lol, who's to say that more styles won't come out of fastest melee speed. Haven't you guys just recently made this change over?

I think it's only natural that the first steps to learning fastest is to be aggressive so I just think you guys haven't given it enough time to sink in and let new styles to come about.

It's very odd that you somehow find a change in style on a large scale to be boring when people have been using the same methods that they've developed for years now.

NA has been using fastest for a while now and there are plenty of examples of non-aggressive playstyles thriving regardless of that fact.
The Myth, The Legend

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2018, 02:16:56 am »
Krast my dood, once again you didn't properly think about what I said when you read it xD

To summarize: For players like me, that after 7 years of MM and NW, have finally gone casual, why when I do play, like once or so a week should I have to be met by a new playstyle that was forced on players? Not only is it boring, its boring in hindsight when you actually look at the broadscale of players after the change. Nobody is denying that those styles wont evolve and diversify again. Its very late for that and doesnt help the competitive NW scene.

Also, please dont talk about NA playstyles, my regiment alone is larger than the competitive NA NW scene.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:25:34 am by John Price »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2018, 02:26:29 am »
you are telling me that having a game full of players who are all playing the same way, spammy and shit because they aren't used to the new speed

A natural but short lived reaction to a speed change

is less boring than a community of players who all developed into their own playstyles over years of play, alot of it being diverse and interesting?
Well, boredom is dependant on the individual, but it's not like the styles can't adapt or new ones can't develop. Diverse and interesting styles happen no matter the speed. EU's are better at diversity in play than NA's, so changing the melee speed won't change that

Also not sure where you are getting the info that the games slow, in EU dueling was extremely slow SOMETIMES due to a small community of Germans and Frenchies all learning the same playstyles from the same people, but its not a small community like NA theres dozens of those communities so even then, thats a small fraction of the time.
The same thing happens in NA. There are family trees of melee. NA is actually a much more easily identified social/development tree, as NA comp melee was sparked by a very small group of players. We're also insanely factionalized, so idk why you think we're not

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2018, 02:30:59 am »
Naturally. Try to remember im now coming in from a more casual PoV. I don't practice anymore, I don't do GF anymore. Then suddenly I tried it the other day and was met by a completely alien environment where I had to change my melee playstyle that worked for 6 years. Start to see where my point of a turn off is coming from?

No doubt that it will change quickly, but its a shame I wont be here to watch it. Which is something that was forced by a few people changing speeds. Like the community voted for the GF server to stay on medium but they changed it anyway, thats another discussion though.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2018, 02:50:19 am »
change isn't fun

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)