Author Topic: Need help with some Particle and Sound effects.  (Read 1782 times)

Offline AsunaGF

• Sergeant
  • I like to pretend i'm good at Melee when i'm not
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45e_SoD_Catgirl_Asuna
  • Side: Confederacy
Need help with some Particle and Sound effects.
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:52:36 am »
          So i decided to start playing the glorious L'Aigle mod and i fell in love with the musket smoke and sound effects, and i was wondering if it was possible to take those effects and put them into NW. I tried to do it already but my musket sounds ended up with the "Slaughter Cattle" sound effect and meat chunks as the smoke particles. Any help would be greatly appreciated if it's possible to do.

Offline |Rafael|

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rafael
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Need help with some Particle and Sound effects.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:44:27 am »
I've seen it done before. but the guy did it with the entire mod basically made NW with all the shit from L'Aigle. He had given it to one individual (Creators name isn't known) from the 32nd in EU. He made youtube videos with the mod for their regiment. However, He wouldn't give it out due to "He didn't know if the creator wanted others to have" Yeah ik doesn't make sense. Basically to do what you want takes effort. The way to do it is take all the files from each folder and you have to name them the same as they're named in NW to do the conversion. I'm working on doing it myself with the entire mod then making it public where anyone can have it. If you wanna do it with the musket sounds it's easy but with everything else like I said you have to sit there, and rename all the files to what they're called in Napoleonic Wars.

Offline AsunaGF

• Sergeant
  • I like to pretend i'm good at Melee when i'm not
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45e_SoD_Catgirl_Asuna
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:42:39 pm »
I've seen it done before. but the guy did it with the entire mod basically made NW with all the shit from L'Aigle. He had given it to one individual (Creators name isn't known) from the 32nd in EU. He made youtube videos with the mod for their regiment. However, He wouldn't give it out due to "He didn't know if the creator wanted others to have" Yeah ik doesn't make sense. Basically to do what you want takes effort. The way to do it is take all the files from each folder and you have to name them the same as they're named in NW to do the conversion. I'm working on doing it myself with the entire mod then making it public where anyone can have it. If you wanna do it with the musket sounds it's easy but with everything else like I said you have to sit there, and rename all the files to what they're called in Napoleonic Wars.
Thx for the reply man. I tried to convert the files from L'aigle to NW but all i got was bad mojo from the sounds and particle effects. i think what makes the "overhaul" harder is that isn't L'Aigle made on a later update of Mount and Blade Warband? also it'd be neat if you got it and it works great to release to the public. I personally love the effects and sounds from L'Aigle and i'd love to have them in NW

AeroNinja

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 08:57:52 pm »
I managed to get all the sounds from Napoleon Total War into NW. It sounds realistic as hell whilst the game is not. xd

Offline Massi

• First Sergeant
  • Sergeant Major in the QRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:03:22 pm »
It is posible to get the sounds from the mod into NW. Just copy the sound files from the mod and replace the Nw ones with them - the smoke im not quite sure about

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 04:39:58 am »
I only ever use, smoke and musket sounds of NTW.

Maybe some cheeky tracers mod to go with it.