Author Topic: (Retexture)GIMP  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Mrscotland

• First Sergeant
  • God Save the Czar and The Romanov
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5thVA_Vol_Mrscotland
  • Side: Confederacy
(Retexture)GIMP
« on: May 26, 2014, 10:16:13 am »
Hello,as you may know i have been a making skins for Blood and Iron and NW and what not,but i have been using Photoshop and i dont know what features that GIMP can done,and perhaps a little bit of tutorial? well perhaps if i can learn using this maybe i can make amazing skins so please,i would need your help here.

-Mrscotland.

Offline Waterbeetle

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Volumed
  • Side: Union
Re: (Retexture)GIMP
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 12:40:22 pm »
Hi Mrscotland,

Gimp and photoshope are almost alike. It depends on how you want to make your textures I myself use a lot of filters and effects to make my textures and Photoshop makes that far more easier for me if you like to draw textures yourself GIMP got superior brush dynamics.

I can't help you with making "amazing skins" you have to learn this yourself it's time and hard work don't think that a program only makes it easy for you watch tutorial on youtube.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
Re: (Retexture)GIMP
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »
It's really up to you and your preferences as to which programs you use for texturing. I use paint.net, gimp, and photoshop for different tasks; so you don't even need to *choose* one specific program to use.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!