Author Topic: The Witcher | Discussion Thread  (Read 4548 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Witcher | Official Teaser
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 10:27:28 pm »
Yeah first season was good.
Loved Henry Cavill as Geralt, he fucking nailed it.

Also I didn't really mind the time jumps. I didn't read the books, but certain people being alive made it quite clear that there were multiple time lines.

If anything I don't really understand what is up with Fringilla's casting, but it's whatever. And ye the Nilfgaardian armor is just weird as fuck.

Edit; one thing, Fucking villentretenmerth was hella disappointing. First of all he looked like a wyvern, not a dragon, as he had two legs and two wings instead of four legs and two wings. And he also looked way too skinny and tiny for what he is supposed to be.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 11:04:14 pm by Rikkert »

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 10:47:12 pm »
Is it just me, or is Henry a little cross-eyed?

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2019, 06:01:14 pm »
Made me hyped to play witcher  ;D

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2019, 08:55:58 pm »
Fight, monsters, sexy girls and sexy man :  guaranteed success
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2019, 04:14:05 am »
Yeah first season was good.
Loved Henry Cavill as Geralt, he fucking nailed it.

Also I didn't really mind the time jumps. I didn't read the books, but certain people being alive made it quite clear that there were multiple time lines.

If anything I don't really understand what is up with Fringilla's casting, but it's whatever. And ye the Nilfgaardian armor is just weird as fuck.

Edit; one thing, Fucking villentretenmerth was hella disappointing. First of all he looked like a wyvern, not a dragon, as he had two legs and two wings instead of four legs and two wings. And he also looked way too skinny and tiny for what he is supposed to be.

The more I watched the show the more the timeliness fell into place for me. Which I assume was their intention. Espacilly with how episode 7 tied everything togheter.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2019, 06:28:04 am »
Really enjoyed the first episode. Haven’t read the books or played the games so this is kinda all new to me. I’ve only watched some gameplay on YouTube and that’s the only knowledge I had going in.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Skaen

Re: The Witcher | Discussion Thread
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2020, 03:13:08 pm »
I played all the Witchers and I must say I enjoyed it pretty well. The beginning was very good. I thought they would mess up Geralt’s voice but it surprised me in a positive way. I jus’t can’t get over how Triss Merigold looks in the series. Or maybe I’m just too focussed on the games. Combat scenes looked awesome and acting was well done. Just the story lacked on some moments. I would give it a 7,5 / 10 for the first season.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2020, 07:49:24 pm »
Never played the games watched the show, now I'm starting to read the books, I really enjoyed the first season, 8.5/10, I liked that you have to figure out that the timelines were different

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2020, 08:54:20 pm »
I binge-watched most of the show in a sitting. I admit I have not really played the Witcher games or the read the books, despite owning the Witcher III on Steam. The time-jumping was a bit confusing but by the end, everything fell into place and made a lot of sense. Henry? Nailed Geralt from what I've seen and experienced myself. Comparing the casting to the characters of the books/games, I'm slightly confused about why they decided to butcher Triss? Was it just Netflix wanting more diversity? Or did they just not care?

Either way, I found it really enjoyable. Here's hoping that it won't get ruined like GoT.

Skaen

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2020, 08:58:26 pm »
Here's hoping that it won't get ruined like GoT.
This...  :-[

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2020, 03:22:25 pm »
I binge-watched most of the show in a sitting. I admit I have not really played the Witcher games or the read the books, despite owning the Witcher III on Steam. The time-jumping was a bit confusing but by the end, everything fell into place and made a lot of sense. Henry? Nailed Geralt from what I've seen and experienced myself. Comparing the casting to the characters of the books/games, I'm slightly confused about why they decided to butcher Triss? Was it just Netflix wanting more diversity? Or did they just not care?

Either way, I found it really enjoyable. Here's hoping that it won't get ruined like GoT.
I mean, the only thing 'wrong' with Triss is her hair colour. Which is debatable and probably due to the different translations of the books. The english books portray Triss as having 'chestnut' hair. Which is a direct translation of the polish word 'kasztanowy'. Allegedly (I obviously don't speak polish so I can't confirm this) this color is more towards dark red, and is not completely like the chestnut we know in english. This might explain why Triss from the games is portrayed with red hair and why the netflix adaptation chose chestnut hair.

That being said, the red from the third game is extremely bright red. Her hair in the first two games is a bit darker. But obviously the witcher 3 is what most people know, so that is why she is often portrayed with bright red hair.
I also doubt we will see much triss in the coming seasons. She is meant to be a secondary character.

Also go play the game u weirdo. It's great fun.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2020, 03:46:05 pm »
I’m only on episode 6 rn. So far I have really enjoyed it. The time jumping while confusing at first does start to make more sense the more you watch

I haven’t played any of the games despite owning all of them.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Skaen

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2020, 03:47:18 pm »
I’m only on episode 6 rn. So far I have really enjoyed it. The time jumping while confusing at first does start to make more sense the more you watch

I warn you if you play them, other games will be feeling very empty. They consume a lot of time but are really one of the greatest games I have ever played. Really recommend you to try them. :)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2020, 06:15:10 pm »

I warn you if you play them, other games will be feeling very empty. They consume a lot of time but are really one of the greatest games I have ever played. Really recommend you to try them. :)
i tried playing the first one and it was pretty gay tbh. I don’t really like that type of game. I know the 3rd one is different but I am hesitant to play it without playing the other games for story purposes
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2020, 06:35:05 pm »

i tried playing the first one and it was pretty gay tbh. I don’t really like that type of game. I know the 3rd one is different but I am hesitant to play it without playing the other games for story purposes
The first one is not worth it at this point. Just skip it. Watch some lore vids if you really must. Just go straight to the second game. Witcher 2 was quite a good game at its time, dunno how it holds up nowadays as it's been a while since I've played it. But I'd say it is definitely worth it.