Author Topic: James Foley and ISIS + Steven Sotloff + David Haines  (Read 42196 times)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
James Foley and ISIS + Steven Sotloff + David Haines
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:53:24 pm »
Thread for discussion of the recent execution of James Foley by ISIS and just events in the region as of recent.

James Foley was a freelance US photo journalist who went missing in Syria about a year ago. He was taken from an internet cafe in Binesh, Syria by an organized gang, along with his translator. His translator was later released. Yesterday a video was posted of a masked man beheading James Foley. The man who performed the beheading claimed his actions were in retaliation to "American Aggression Against the Islamic State". Minutes before the beheading James Foley said this (summarized) "I call on my friends and family to rise up against my real killers, the US Government, for what will happen to me is only a result of their actions. My message to my parents: save me some dignity and don't accept any meager compensation for my death, from the same people who effectively hit the last nail in my coffin, with their recent aerial campaign against Iraq. I call on my brother, who is a member of the US Air Force. Think about what you're doing, about the lives you destroy, including your own family, think about your decision to bomb Iraq recently. Think about who that really killed, and then think about me, you and our family when you make that decision. I died that day, when you dropped that bomb, you signed my death certificate. I wish I had more time, more time to see my family, but that ship has sailed. All in all, I wish I wasn't American." I can't fathom what they would have done to the poor guy if he hadn't spouted that poorly written propaganda for them. He's probably already undergone months of torture. Another thing I noticed is that the knife they used was particularly dull, that's rough. At the end of the video they present a second journalist, and says "The life of this next American citizen prisoner depends on your next decision, Obama." The one thing a lot of people seem to be noticing and are getting a bit concerned over is that the executioner actually has a London accent, and very fluent English.

Here is more details on it, link provided to me by Vince. I was just going to post the Liveleak article, but due to it having video of a beheading, Vince told me he'd rather I didn't, understandably.

http://www.france24.com/en/20140820-video-is-behead-us-journalist-foley/

I won't go and lock the thread if discussion gets heated like others do, but keep the trolling out of this thread, and make derails short.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:26:33 am by Death by EMP »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: James Foley and ISIS
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:58:57 pm »
Oh for God's sake can we just kill all of these fuckers already? What's taking so long!?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:05:04 pm »
Oh for God's sake can we just kill all of these fuckers already? What's taking so long!?
Iraqi civillians are kind of in the way.....

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 07:06:53 pm »

Ah right, collateral damage is always a problem.

I think this situation calls for a UN peacekeeper response. I mean for God's sake the entire world needs to stop these madmen.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:48:51 pm »
Yes ISIS needs to be stopped NOW!

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:25:35 pm »

Ah right, collateral damage is always a problem.

I think this situation calls for a UN peacekeeper response. I mean for God's sake the entire world needs to stop these madmen.
Because UN Peacekeepers are so effective

All I have to say on this:
Allahu Akbar. God is good, God is great. Allah shall wipe the earth of American Zionist pigdog
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:32:40 pm »
Better stop the mussies before they try to take over Europe again.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 08:33:48 pm »
My general and uneducated opinion on intervention is this:
Russia doesn't approve when nations other than them get to dick around with the muslamics. And China doesn't approve of things that may give an international intervention in Tibet a legal precedent.
Besides, the general incompetence of the UN peacekeeping forces in the past cannot be overstated enough. It is also important to note that they are indeed "peacekeepers", their mission is not to intervene in active wars.
(This conflict isn't an insurgency, it's a civil war, this semantic difference is very important to the bastards in charge of UN peacekeeping)

So, given this the intervention has to be similar in nature to that which the US has been embroiled in for the past decades. Someone then has to fund them, employ them, train them and most importantly organize them.
Given the rather ill prepared withdrawal of US forces in the region I have a feeling they won't be up for the task. And I don't believe an army of mercenaries will be particularly cost effective, well received or successful.
The alternative then is an oversized and more permanently organized EU BG, and I will drink three bottles of denatured alcohol before Kaiserin Angela I manages to decide that this would be the right economical course of action at this stage.

So far the only thing outside powers has managed to do is arm the different elements, which has served to exacerbate the conflict, but not much else.
As it stands there is no driving force that could compel the rest of the world to intervene, because there is literally no point to it other than to end the human suffering, which sadly is a negligible factor in world politics.

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 08:58:30 pm »
So when are we shoving predator missiles up Bakr's ass? I think it's about time.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 10:42:31 pm »
Lots of nationalism in here.
I think a defensive mission aiding the Iraqi people would do more good than going on the offensive.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 09:18:34 pm »
Or just don't care about them, let them fight their wars and take a look at them in 20 years when everything settled down. If it didn't, then who cares, let them fight for whatever they want to fight for. All I want is that some western country protects the oil fields, cause that is really all I care about there. I don't want even higher oil prices.

Then again Syria does not have that much oil anyway.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 09:23:37 pm »
Or just don't care about them, let them fight their wars and take a look at them in 20 years when everything settled down. If it didn't, then who cares, let them fight for whatever they want to fight for. All I want is that some western country protects the oil fields, cause that is really all I care about there. I don't want even higher oil prices.

Well thats the problem, they are nearing southern Iraq and Kuwait now  :-\

my oils

told that bih don't @ me

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 09:25:22 pm »

Never expected Olaf to be so "Fuck them all"

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 09:38:45 pm »
You need to leave the Middle East alone. These are people that don't want to be together and time and time again have been forced to be together. We need to sit back and as bad as it sounds, allow them to figure out things Pan-Arabism for themselves. Western influence has divided and torn this region apart for too long. At least when Eastern influences (e.g. the Ottomans, the Persians, the Mongols) have come through the area they have provided a sense of stability and unity. Western influence has purposefully set up a region where sectarian violence can and will breed easily. Some people think that a caliphate is laughable but I say forget the caliphate, what you need is an Arab superstate. Something that can challenge outside influence and a balance of power to the region.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 09:43:47 pm »
An Arab superstate will never happen. You have too many strongmen with too much support from Western powers to even bother to try toppling.

Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Jordan, Yemen are ALL in the US' pocket. Syria's a complete mess. Iraq is fractured between the US puppet-state and a bunch of maniacs who want to kill everyone who isn't pure. Egypt is under military dicatorship, Libya's falling apart, Tunisia is being attacked by Al Queda after they FINALLY got a fairly elected government. Algeria's a military dicatorship and has been for decades, and Morocco is an Absoulte Monarchy who's partnered with the French.

It will not happen, unless the Western states magically decide to give up all of the power and resoucres they gain by keeping the status quo.