Author Topic: Melee Only Event  (Read 4274 times)

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Melee Only Event
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 02:08:01 am »
or if it was teams, you can make teams fair. If bad players had good players on their team they might not care, especially if it was 100v100. lol you know what, we could try a version of this on Bot Survival, like on a Friday night, do 20 elite players vs 50-80, on melee only. That might be hilarious.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 02:09:24 am »
or if it was teams, you can make teams fair. If bad players had good players on their team they might not care, especially if it was 100v100. lol you know what, we could try a version of this on Bot Survival, like on a Friday night, do 20 elite players vs 50-80, on melee only. That might be hilarious.

That would be perfect lmao
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 02:10:20 am »
old causal events were so much better. you didn't have to wait 15mins dead because of the hill camping. that has been happening in pub events since like mid-late 2017 so much. I use to merc a lot months ago and there were only 3 rounds in one event every week like that is so boring and annoying. before you could do several round that lasted about under 10min and get like 6-8 rounds. think these were the line only events though. it's just so boring with a round being 15min of hill camping. part of it to is the admins. besides a few, most admins let that happen and that is why it continues to happen.

maybe i should host a line only event
this is why I actually started to hate casual events. Like you got shot early or something you are literally just spectating for 20 minutes to do it again next round
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Suns

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 02:12:32 am »
lolyep why i quit casual events years ago

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 05:22:35 am »
old causal events were so much better. you didn't have to wait 15mins dead because of the hill camping. that has been happening in pub events since like mid-late 2017 so much. I use to merc a lot months ago and there were only 3 rounds in one event every week like that is so boring and annoying. before you could do several round that lasted about under 10min and get like 6-8 rounds. think these were the line only events though. it's just so boring with a round being 15min of hill camping. part of it to is the admins. besides a few, most admins let that happen and that is why it continues to happen.

Even as late as when I hosted my event we always got through two maps of three rounds each, and usually played a third map with two rounds. Not sure which hosts are the ones who are unable to get through two and a half maps but they should definitely be doing better than that.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 05:42:52 am »

Even as late as when I hosted my event we always got through two maps of three rounds each, and usually played a third map with two rounds. Not sure which hosts are the ones who are unable to get through two and a half maps but they should definitely be doing better than that.

pretty much all the events besides yours and maybe 1 other.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 04:48:55 pm »
We should to this tonight! (or next friday) It would be a good run to see if we could pull it off with the casuals and make a real event with it. It's possible with regiments I think you just have to balance them correctly, and there's not too too many vet. players I would say that would just murder everyone.

Spoiler

[close]

pretty much all the events besides yours and maybe 1 other.
Specialties mayne, I think people lost interest in Line Only but I would like to see one, the last one I remember is the 63e's.. We should host one or the other though we right
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:11:16 pm by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Oatmeal

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »
legend has it there was a melee only event where billthebutcher 1v80'd a line of elite players and won without taking a single hit

Suns

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 10:02:10 pm »
legend has it there was a melee only event where billthebutcher 1v80'd a line of elite players and won without taking a single hit

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 12:53:03 am »
I think things like PUG's are a pretty good after event alternative if they're hosted again.

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 12:59:59 am »
I think things like PUG's are a pretty good after event alternative if they're hosted again.
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 08:31:33 pm »
PUG’s are PUG’s. We need something to introduce the casual regiments to the melee side of the game.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2019, 08:38:32 pm »

I am not sure what old casual events you are taking about, but 54th, 63e, 29th/9th, 24th/Nr9, LIR, 3te, Prussian Army and others all hillcamp back then. Some regiments would actually run to he edge of the map to avoid cavalry which caused events to last a lot longer. We use to barely get a second map finished on time.

Eventually things got better, when William left the 9th they started to work with other regiments and fight in middle but they disbanded shortly after. PSG where a good example of a regiment in casual events that didn’t hillcamp too hard same with the IXE. Nr9 eventually changed their ways too.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2019, 09:12:03 pm »
I want custom maps with wheat fields back so the LG can go back to ambushing pub regs

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Suns

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2019, 10:18:55 pm »
I want custom maps with wheat fields back so the LG can go back to ambushing pub regs

LMFAO pinoy has a video of 57th doing that