Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars > General Discussion

Official Poll: Sideblock bug fix.

(1/34) > >>

Vincenzo:
Hey guys.

I'm back from my holiday in Thailand so I have time to fix all the issues you guys are having.

After some research on my part, I know why melee can feel different compared to last patch, Taleworlds changed some things how melee input is handled by the server to fix a often reported bug.

The bug in question was that sometimes on your screen you are blocking for instance up or down, whilst on the server and other people's screens you are blocking in another direction, for instance to the side.
To fix this bug, Taleworlds changed the timings a bit so the server allows the client a bit more time to change his direction.

As a result things might seem a bit more delayed if you have a very low ping, if you have a higher or fluctuating ping, things will be much smoother for you. in any case, things don't react the same as before the patch, and so on.

So the solution is simple. your free to leave your opinions on it.

Should we revert this change, bringing back the sideblock bug, or should we keep things as they are now?

I think in general you guys probably already just got used to it, but your free to say your opinion.
Discuss what you want about it here and vote on it.

We might not do what the poll gives as a result, and make our own decision, but it can give some kind of indication.

Cheers,

Vince.

Fwuffy:
The sideblock bug is not fixed, just keep it as is I guess though.

Vincenzo:

--- Quote from: Fwuffy on February 13, 2018, 10:51:03 am ---The sideblock bug is not fixed, just keep it as is I guess though.

--- End quote ---
I guess taleworlds diden't fix it completely then :P
Was it reduced at all?

Fwuffy:

--- Quote from: Vincenzo on February 13, 2018, 10:52:15 am ---
--- Quote from: Fwuffy on February 13, 2018, 10:51:03 am ---The sideblock bug is not fixed, just keep it as is I guess though.

--- End quote ---
I guess taleworlds diden't fix it completely then :P
Was it reduced at all?

--- End quote ---
It seems about the same to me, haven't really been counting. Some matches it happens two rounds in a row and then nothing for a long string of rounds - it's just randomly infrequent I guess.

Herishey:
I've still seen people get the sb glitch and had it myself, so to be honest I think it'd be better to change it back to how it was. At the moment there are so many different opinions on how it feels where as at least the old melee everyone felt the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version