Author Topic: Capturing In Game Footage  (Read 8771 times)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Capturing In Game Footage
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:44:32 pm »
What does everyone use or reccomend for capturing in game footage? Fraps?

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Capturing In Game Footage
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:08:58 pm »
I use Fraps, but make sure you have lots of hard drive space because it takes up a lot on mine :P

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 10:32:37 pm »
MSI Afterburner. It automatically compresses your video files unlike Fraps, it records in HD, and for me, I get more FPS than on Fraps.

But it costs-
Spoiler
its free
[close]
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:48 pm »
That's sick and thats kind of what I was looking for.

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 12:20:27 am »
MSI Afterburner. It automatically compresses your video files unlike Fraps, it records in HD, and for me, I get more FPS than on Fraps.

But it costs-
Spoiler
its free
[close]
I may have to try that, Fraps always records to my computer, but after I compress it, the video gets to a certain point and freezes.

I may have to try this.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:04:35 am »

But it costs-
Spoiler
its free
[close]
That's amazing, anymore information about it? I plan on recording battles now and need a nice program.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:59:44 am »
My fraps just gives me massive files, but rendering cuts it down loads, although I may have to try this MSI afterburner :P

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 04:18:42 pm »
Did several tests this morning...its amazing. It's going to make editing so much easier.

Thanks again Neville.

That's amazing, anymore information about it? I plan on recording battles now and need a nice program.

Mene watch some of the youtube tutorials. It will really help. It does not record your ts apparently (according to some) but there is a work around.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:20:59 pm by MackCW »

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »

But it costs-
Spoiler
its free
[close]

I use FRAPS and Sony Vegas. Any recording program will work, but just make sure you don't use something like Windows Movie Maker to edit it, so little options, and it fails rendering a lot (for me at least).
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »
It never used to fail for me :P And you can get a 720p codex, although it is very limited :P

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »
I don't have the best settings but I will post some early results later tonight.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 03:52:32 am »

But it costs-
Spoiler
its free
[close]

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Did several tests this morning...its amazing. It's going to make editing so much easier.

Thanks again Neville.

Mene watch some of the youtube tutorials. It will really help. It does not record your ts apparently (according to some) but there is a work around.

It records the ts, it just doesn't record you when you're talking for some reason.
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 03:54:02 am »
I have almost recorded 1000 videos using Fraps. I highly recommend it unless youre a bitch when it comes to large files.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 04:00:29 am »
Nah, it's just that not everyone wants to spend 37 bucks on something that does everything better for free.
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 04:04:38 am »
Nah, it's just that not everyone wants to spend 37 bucks on something that does everything better for free.

I didnt spend any money on it dawghhhhhh.