Author Topic: Update?  (Read 9627 times)

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Update?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 01:29:39 am »
I have a patch pretty much ready since end of 2016.
The other Devs wanted to add stuff aswell, so I was told to wait.
This mod is not mine, and I cant publish the patch without permission.
If the DA leaders want a patch and Hinkel gives me green light, I can either
- Publish the old patch
or
- In my next free time, mid of august, come together with the officers of the DA and make a wishlist and then make a new patch out of the old patch.

However, this needs approval of Hinkel, as I wont update the Mod against his will.
Angel beats is such a good anime

Offline Andersun

• Corporal
  • Greetings
    • View Profile
    • 5th Georgia Steam Group
  • Nick: Andy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 01:03:57 am »
NaS is in serious need of an update. A community that has run several years actively on a mod that is in poor connection with its devs is an endeavor. North and South still has its good moments, even after being here for over 3 years, but with a lack of pretty much anything, it's in a sad state. It would be amazing to see it alive again, or at least have a developing team that would see the mod grow.
Anderson Coppen
Lieutenant Colonel of the 5th Georgia

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 08:45:19 am »
for an update we have three options:

- use the same module system: faster release and more time to focus on new content
- use the new NW module system: requires building the whole mod from scratch (the same thing i did for b&i 3 and is not a process i'd recommend)
- rebuild the mod on a stripped down version of the new b&i module: faster than rebuilding from scratch, you'll get all the cool b&i features like more field artillery and balanced gatling guns, plus that module system has already been tidied up by me and is aimed at making the mod sub-mod friendly

i'm very busy at the moment, and i'm not too sure about doing anymore NW modding as i don't see the point with the ever decreasing population size
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 03:21:50 pm »
Keep the old system we just want new content

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 10:18:57 pm »
Can we remove bleeding as a mechanic

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 07:39:59 am »
Pretty sure the whole end game isn't to gain a new mod. As Duke said, just new content. Maps...uniforms....maybe sounds? But nothing like a new melee system or changing the base for it. Yes population size it small. But there still remains a dedicated core of two communities playing this mod. If current devs are not interested, then why not pass the torch to those are who interested. Hinkel is off on War of Rights. Completely left behind a mod that support and outright made his game.

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Board Moderator
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 12:35:26 pm »
Maps...uniforms....maybe sounds?
Maps can always be added by anyone, as those get downloaded by the client on the server.
And as I am no artist, I cant create any uniforms and stuff. But if there are communitycontributed uniforms with the same quality as the existing, those can of course be added by me.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 05:39:49 pm »
I know there was a lot of special content in the 1.0 version maybe you could add all that back for us to use

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 07:38:36 am »
Tons of uniforms made by community members. If you could utilize those cool uniforms and maybe the gentlemen behind making them, there could be numerous new regiments to be made. And it looks really nice to have community based content in the mod. As for maps, there are various community maps, but none compared to the official attention and detail the preset maps in North and South have. Maybe one or two more would be awesome. New sounds are just a general suggestion, ACW, and other Empire/Napoleon Total war mods have nice sounds. Lot of small things that can be implemented. Again, nothing major has to be done. But just something to energize the worn out regiments.  ;D

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 09:23:29 am »
It just happens so that recently I've decided to make some reskins for N&S. Here are some samples, 55th NY and 11th IN. Shameful advertising, I know  :P

Spoiler

[close]
Next up im planning 41st NY (De Kalb regiment), Confederate Regulars and maybe some other interesting looking units I can find, even though most of them were already done...
Anyways, if you guys feel like they are good enough to be presented in the mod, I'd be willing to donate them ^_^ , that is, if you are even planning to add new units. Although I realize there are more better looking skins than mine
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:31:59 am by Dazzer »

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 12:09:34 am »
It just happens so that recently I've decided to make some reskins for N&S. Here are some samples, 55th NY and 11th IN. Shameful advertising, I know  :P

Spoiler

[close]
Next up im planning 41st NY (De Kalb regiment), Confederate Regulars and maybe some other interesting looking units I can find, even though most of them were already done...
Anyways, if you guys feel like they are good enough to be presented in the mod, I'd be willing to donate them ^_^ , that is, if you are even planning to add new units. Although I realize there are more better looking skins than mine

Just a great example of those who have good uniforms. Ton of other people who have made special regiments that are really nice looking.

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2018, 10:38:21 pm »
What if the other members of the developing team continued to create and add content to this half made update? I've spoken to the majority of them whom seemed to be distressed by the fact that their hands are tied?

Offline Playingcard

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2018, 10:54:37 pm »
Defnatly a good idea keep us in touch

Offline Killobytes

• Private
  • I play video games
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Killobytes
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2018, 01:32:33 am »
The most important thing I think is to us on par with NW in terms of admin tools.
Functions like spawn & revive are extremely useful to have for line battles.
On top of that, I think doing away with bleeding would be a nice touch, it's just a nuisance for everyone.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 12:39:00 am »
Can we remove bleeding as a mechanic