Author Topic: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Main Thread ♞  (Read 75394 times)

Offline JohnnyQDG

• Sergeant Major
  • 16e Regiment De Hussards
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Huss_Mchl_John
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Main Thread ♞
« Reply #480 on: May 28, 2018, 03:15:25 pm »
It was a good match indeed, but still, there was a permanent all chat spam by the nr4 and stonehugging, not only did they spam the chat, they also used some quite offensive langauage like "its a training match or not?"

I hope that i can see some sportsmanship in our match next week

but still well played on both sides

I have spoken with Felix about this after the match about it, whilst it seems like one or two of their guys got a bit excited, we didn't mind to much as it is only a game and its a bit of fun.

Current Regiment: Mchl- 16e Hussards
Past Regiments: Pfc - 55th Lieutenant - 16e Regiment De Hussards (old) | Pte - 3rd East Kent/42nd | Cvl - 6e | Lt - 12thQDG | RSM - 2nd

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #481 on: May 28, 2018, 03:21:57 pm »
It was a good match indeed, but still, there was a permanent all chat spam by the nr4 and stonehugging, not only did they spam the chat, they also used some quite offensive langauage like "its a training match or not?"

I hope that i can see some sportsmanship in our match next week

but still well played on both sides

Sorry, but most of my members don’t know that we are playing in CNWL!!  ::) So they asked if it‘s the CNWL :(

Anyway sorry for this misbehavior. But some members took the game too seriously.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:24:39 pm by Felix5557 »

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #482 on: May 28, 2018, 03:41:10 pm »
Match:
2ème Régiment de Hussards - Escadron 1
vs
14th King's Hussars
Date & Hour: Thursday 7pm GMT
Referee: Quinn the... Meh

Updated on your request Erik.

Offline Peradius

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Peradius
« Reply #483 on: May 28, 2018, 05:54:51 pm »

Round 1 - 9:45
Round 2 - 19:15
Round 3 - 27:15
Round 4 - 30:45
Round 5 - 37:50
Round 6 - 41:40
Round 7 - 46:45
Round 8 - 52:00
Round 9 - 58:20
Round 10 - 1:03:40

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #484 on: May 29, 2018, 05:43:17 am »

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #485 on: May 29, 2018, 03:54:07 pm »
Match:  14pk vs 9e
Date & Hour: 02.06 Saturday 7:15 pm British time
Referee: Felix
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:47:50 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #486 on: May 29, 2018, 06:04:31 pm »

Round 1 - 9:45
Round 2 - 19:15
Round 3 - 27:15
Round 4 - 30:45
Round 5 - 37:50
Round 6 - 41:40
Round 7 - 46:45
Round 8 - 52:00
Round 9 - 58:20
Round 10 - 1:03:40

Nice score Fidje  8)
lol = ban

Offline Goodest

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Hauptgefreiter_Goodest
« Reply #487 on: May 30, 2018, 09:08:37 pm »
2. Leib-Regiment vs 2ème Régiment de Hussards - Escadron 2
Date & Hour: Sunday 18:15 BST
Referee: Tulkas the bagutte  ;D

Offline Treiz35

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treiz
« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2018, 10:46:13 pm »
5e Régiment de Hussards vs 8th King's Royal Hussars
Date & Hour: Sunday 7:30 gmt
Referee: Tulkas

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #489 on: May 30, 2018, 10:48:13 pm »
Match:  14pk vs 9e
Date & Hour: 02.06 Saturday 7:15 pm British time
Referee: Felix

postponed a bit ;p
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2018, 08:44:10 pm »
14th King's Hussars 7-3 2éme Régiment de Hussars (Escadron 1)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:48 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Rough day for us :(

Non the less, well done 14th, was fun to finally play against you  :-*

Thanks for reffing Quiin <3

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
« Reply #492 on: May 31, 2018, 08:57:38 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Rough day for us :(

Non the less, well done 14th, was fun to finally play against you  :-*

Thanks for reffing Quiin <3

We got really scared when it was 4 to us then you bring 3 up but luckily we took back the momentum! ;p
May the Shark be with you!

Offline Azhrei

• First Sergeant
  • Cavalry Groupfighting Senior Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://cavgf.lefora.com
« Reply #493 on: June 01, 2018, 02:10:26 pm »
Spoke with Glenn and hopefully solved some things

I don‘t actually want to use the CNWL thread as a plattform since it‘s not linked to my concern directly, even though I‘m pretty sure that it is somehow, but fuck it, it just pisses me off...

Today we found out, that apparently, a part of the regiment is banned from the Cavalry Groupfighting server, which we use daily to set us up for the CNWL.
Log-banned of course, without any reasoning or message to any of our CO‘s or enlisted.
It‘s sad that the Nr.6, which etablished itself over years and years even against the harshest resistance in many parts of this community, is still victim of such childish actions by some people that try to damage us in any way possible. People who don‘t even have the courage to explain their actions that affect dozens of players.

This is not the first time, the Nr.6 as a whole gets banned. Therefore especially I thought we were done with that bullshit.

We at least want an offical statement what the thoughts behind their actions were. Anything that helps us to actually understand why so many Nr.6 members were banned!

Warning, large reply incoming. It's not at all relevant to the thread and I suspect it may get removed for being so (hence being spoilered), but since you thought to bring it up here and you haven't responded to my post on our forum (linked below), here we go...

Spoiler
I'm glad things have been cleared up some, but I would like to do some clearing of my own today. I have already responded to you in our forum, but as you've not posted anything in response other than to ask Glenn if anything can be done about the bans, perhaps here would be a better place to do so. And in the meantime make things as clear as possible for everyone else who are cracking wise.

Nobody on our team is trying to ban the Nr6 regiment, or even any regiment. The closest we've come to ever banning a regiment was due to offensive tags freely admitted by that regiment, who quickly changed those tags after one or two were banned and the others consistently warned. As Dokletian will be aware by now, it was not Glenn who banned him and the other Nr6 members, it was me (well, I banned Dokletian, I haven't actually checked the logs yet but there is a 99% chance it was me, also). And I did not ban them or anyone because I have some weird vendetta against any regiment out there - as I explain in the post linked above, other than seeing tags on people's names in the server I have no experience of regiments and they may as well not exist for me. In all my years of playing Warband, I have been in two regiments - the 84e, an infantry regiment, for about a month before I got bored, and the League of Lancers, which I had to be coaxed and cajoled into joining and which had a shorter life than even my time in the 84e.

If I've banned someone, it's not because I don't like their regiment. Usually someone will be logbanned for being caught breaking the rules. To be as transparent as possible, I'm going to explain what happens and why. Last year, in one of our senior admin meetings, a new rule was suggested and agreed to be added -

29-12-2017
4. New rule (suggested by Narsus) "No racist, homophobic or otherwise offensive language or allusion to such."

One of the jobs the senior admins have to do is to trawl the logs daily to make sure the admins are doing their job properly and not abusing their position. And in doing so it's easy to type in a few words to search to see if people have been breaking the above rule. And not just that rule, two other rules apply here -

No insulting.
No flaming, homophobia, racism or any type of discrimination whatsoever. This includes "feg" "Hey fags" "Wassup nigs" and things of the type.

If they have broken all three rules but have been caught and warned by an admin, then I consider the matter closed. If they've broken it with no admin present, that's a logban. Unfair? Possibly. But in the last year or so I've seen the number of people getting banned for this get very significantly lower. They get banned, they post an unban application, they get unbanned, and 99% of them don't do it again. The server has less of the type of language we've banned which is better for all. Now, we (and I) get banter. It's all in good fun, and especially with members of regiments there is a lot of it. But we're paying to provide a server for you to play in, to our minds it's not asking too much for you all to just mind your language and get on with playing the game. Again, in the interest of transparency, here is a list of all the Nr6 members currently on our ban list -

Nr6_Hus_BremerFalco logban for insults using offensive language "fag" (Azhrei)
Nr6_Lt_Trashkletian logban for insults using offensive language "what a fag" (Azhrei)

...and that's it. I'm as surprised as you guys. As shown in the post I linked above on our forum, I'd been lead to believe that I had apparently been on an Nr6 banning spree, which compelled me to write a post explaining that I don't target anyone or play favourites. So much for CavGF's great crusade against "a part of the regiment"! And here I'd been worried that people were thinking we had a bone to pick with any regiment. It's possible other members are banned under other names, but the only players banned that have no tags (covering only last month since that's when BremerFalco and Dokletian were banned) are -

Zyzz logban for insults and constant teamkilling (Azhrei)
Koning_Willy logban for wallhugging and insulting admins "get cancer admins/im not trying to be brave cunt" (Azhrei)
New_Player is banned permanently by 8th_Huss_Cpl_Tulkas.
Ozikan is banned permanently by Iluvatar.
Bernie_Gurz logban for insults using offensive language "nigger/nigger faggot/Of course niggers u r so good at this game" (Azhrei)
Jew_Ugly_Homeless_Man is banned permanently by Azhrei.
Nocturno is banned permanently by Nr4_Rtm_~*Felix*~.
CecilRhodes is banned permanently by Thelemor.

If any of the above lovely people are Nr6 members in disguise, then I apologise for our (or rather, my) apparent banning frenzy. They are always welcome to submit an unban application on our forum. As are you, Dokletian. I even asked Peradius the other night if you were going to. Instead of asking Glenn to do something about the Great Nr6 Purge we're apparently responsible for, amble along to our forum and submit away, and like so many banned before you for the same reason, you'll be back in the server in no time. And bring BremerFalcon along with you.
[close]

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #494 on: June 01, 2018, 02:19:26 pm »
Thank you for the info, I am sorry that I‘ve spoken in such drastic ways, but I asked around who got banned (as well) and many members just didn‘t make it clear that they weren‘t banned recently or on the other cav gf actually.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players