Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54244 times)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 02:17:48 am »
Maybe some updated admin tools? Like something Thunderstormer has already made with the revive script, or stuff like from Wustis' Admin Tool where you can hit f8 or 9 and see players name and a lot of other features.

Just would be helpful imo

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 02:40:37 am »
Please fix the rock glitches, you are still able to walk up to a rock, and see through it. Its pretty minor, but it is a bug. Also, I would recommend adding more units/ uniforms or factions. I think that would really help drum up some excitement for the game. Glad you guys are interested in fixing the game.

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 02:41:47 am »
Maybe some updated admin tools? Like something Thunderstormer has already made with the revive script, or stuff like from Wustis' Admin Tool where you can hit f8 or 9 and see players name and a lot of other features.

Just would be helpful imo
I wont make any promises as to what will be in, but i would like to see some of the stuff i did in the game that i believe people will like.(some of these may of been done by others as well)

healing a player heals their horse.(healing all heals everything already)

in the logs, saying when the round ends or map changes.  useful for those who were like me, who had to read a crap ton of logs and try and figure out what happened and when.  also nice for those who like stats.(how many rounds or maps did we do today)

same for teamwounding or teamkilling, including horses.(in the logs)  i dont think i would put that as default where everyone can see it, as it can spam the chat.  useful for catching those trolls who teamwound or kill allied horses but weren't caught due to lack of evidence. 

medics?  i love them, but they aren't for everyone.  they would need their own unit imo to be really official.   something that wont happen.

FF being turned off at rounds start or at rounds end  and back on later in the round.(30 seconds on NA1)  this one cut down admin workload by a lot.  at least for a server like NA1.  other servers, like GF, may not like it as much, or would like it to be shorter time wise.  most alt tab tks were stopped thanks to this.   

I would like revive as well, but i think if it's put it, it would need its own "button" like the slay, or ban buttons.  currently i use the refill ammo as its almost never used or needed on most servers.  i am not sure if the games limitations can be changed though.  you only have 30 seconds or so to revive someone or they are dead for the rest of the round. 

an intro message?  shouldnt be hard to do.  just have a placeholder people can change.  i would be for an option in general if you want this or not that is toggleable in the config file. 

anyways, this is just some of the stuff that comes to mind.

as for Wustis' Admin Tool, it is up to them if they want it added in the first place before we can even try adding it in ourselves. 

im currently building a list of stuff to add, fix, remove, balance, etc.,   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Jetch

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 06:13:38 am »
A big bug is the French light infantry (voltigeur) officer unit being considered as a "ranker" and not providing any officer aim buff like the other infantry officers would normally do, as well as not being able to say AI commands out loud more frequently like the other officer classes. They also recieve a speed buff like a light infantry ranker unit would from the light Flag Bearer bonus, so they are wrongfully considered as "rankers" by the game.

I think this is actually compensated for, musketry stats wise, for the voltigeurs due to the lack of an officer aim buff, but patching it to behave properly like the other infantry units in the game would be a great bug fix.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:15:11 am by Jetch »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 06:14:02 am »
Whats the point? At this point you might as well just leave it. People would be more up for a new faction or something like that, get some interest back in rather than putting out bug fixes... Don't take this as me saying don't bother, I am just giving my sincere opinion as someone who has been playing since MM and I thank you with my heart for making the mod/DLC.

Something like East India Company etc. or a copy and paste re skin of the Ottomans for example or just even a unit overhaul like you did for the last update with Sailors, Hussars etc. I gave this thread to 15 people in the 18e teamspeak and they all said exactly the same as me. We personally don't think that the reason the game is dying is because of the gameplay and mechanics itself, its because of the lack of diversity between the content, partially this could be due to regiments always playing the same units all the time.

The obvious things like the Admin chat crashing server bug and the multiple flag crash should be fixed but thats a given. Interested to see what actually happens with this.

P.S. Don't give people in 18e a reason to make me schedule events please, I am happy in my grave ;(

Pretty much this + fix the "I'm downblocking but really sideblocking" glitch. Aside from that, I don't think anything is worth changing.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 06:20:13 am »
Spoiler
Whats the point? At this point you might as well just leave it. People would be more up for a new faction or something like that, get some interest back in rather than putting out bug fixes... Don't take this as me saying don't bother, I am just giving my sincere opinion as someone who has been playing since MM and I thank you with my heart for making the mod/DLC.

Something like East India Company etc. or a copy and paste re skin of the Ottomans for example or just even a unit overhaul like you did for the last update with Sailors, Hussars etc. I gave this thread to 15 people in the 18e teamspeak and they all said exactly the same as me. We personally don't think that the reason the game is dying is because of the gameplay and mechanics itself, its because of the lack of diversity between the content, partially this could be due to regiments always playing the same units all the time.

The obvious things like the Admin chat crashing server bug and the multiple flag crash should be fixed but thats a given. Interested to see what actually happens with this.

P.S. Don't give people in 18e a reason to make me schedule events please, I am happy in my grave ;(

Pretty much this + fix the "I'm downblocking but really sideblocking" glitch. Aside from that, I don't think anything is worth changing.
[close]

yeah, it's glitch where on the client's screen it shows a up or down block but to the opponent it shows a sideblock. That would be a great fix if possible.

edit: maybe also make map selection easier. For example, finding maps for any 1v1 or a linebattle event can take quite a long time because most of the maps have giant hills and the terrain is not suitable. Anyway to generate better maps or take out the ones that are unplayable?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:29:28 am by Risk_ »

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 06:23:21 am »
Only thing I really want is when you are spectating, you can see the names/banners of the people that are playing. Maybe make it so the names come up color coded but just something like that would be nice.

Maybe also add the different levels of admin for everyone. I know thundersnow made it for NW and some others made it for PW and Naticve so that would be really cool if it got added into the game. Could also go the mercs route and add it through GUID but passwords would be alright too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:26:13 am by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline jagbrat

• Corporal
  • Leader of the 41st's Skirm Company
    • View Profile
    • 41st Skirmisher Website
  • Nick: 41st_Chsm_jagbrat
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 06:28:44 am »
Cannonballs going through rocks. Pls fix this issue as it is the sole reason for thousands of deaths on the battlefield each year.  Please use the HashTag #SoldiersNotRocks to bring awareness.
Current: Chosen Man, Skirmisher Company, 41st Regiment of Foot.
Prior: Lance Corporal of Horse, Cavalry Detachment, 41st Regiment of Foot.
Cavalier, 2eDLG.
CvlP, 63e.

Offline Solberg

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 07:18:53 am »
What I really want is some kind of dynamic timer that adjusts based on population. The short timers work for when its low pop, but those few times we get a sizable population suddenly the rounds are timing out with 10 people left.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 07:36:39 am »
A big bug is the French light infantry (voltigeur) officer unit being considered as a "ranker" and not providing any officer aim buff like the other infantry officers would normally do, as well as not being able to say AI commands out loud more frequently like the other officer classes. They also recieve a speed buff like a light infantry ranker unit would from the light Flag Bearer bonus, so they are wrongfully considered as "rankers" by the game.

I think this is actually compensated for, musketry stats wise, for the voltigeurs due to the lack of an officer aim buff, but patching it to behave properly like the other infantry units in the game would be a great bug fix.
Ill talk to vince about it, and see what he wants done with that.  perhaps officers also get the speed buff as well?  ill add it to the list.  i would imagine making the officer instead of ranker should be an easy fix.(guess we will find out)

as for the animation issues.   it has been around for a while.   ill write it down to see if it is fixable. 

Spoiler

[close]

yeah, it's glitch where on the client's screen it shows a up or down block but to the opponent it shows a sideblock. That would be a great fix if possible.

edit: maybe also make map selection easier. For example, finding maps for any 1v1 or a linebattle event can take quite a long time because most of the maps have giant hills and the terrain is not suitable. Anyway to generate better maps or take out the ones that are unplayable?
something like this for map selection?  https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=9596.0

As for maps.   get that map rng generator someone made, move the sliders around, get several of those #s, add them to the terrain file, and see what they look like.  they will be 1kb maps, so quick dls.  if they are good, boom, you have several cheap maps available while still looking like a random map.  I did that for the na1 event, and they worked fairly well.  you can always modify them if they aren't to your liking.  as long as you don't do too much, they will still be small dls. 

Only thing I really want is when you are spectating, you can see the names/banners of the people that are playing. Maybe make it so the names come up color coded but just something like that would be nice.

Maybe also add the different levels of admin for everyone. I know thundersnow made it for NW and some others made it for PW and Naticve so that would be really cool if it got added into the game. Could also go the mercs route and add it through GUID but passwords would be alright too.
might be possible.   perhaps assign a key to turn it on or off.   idk how to do presentations though(idk if there are any good tutorials) which is what the above is.  ill add it to the list. no promises. 

if you have links, please let me know   i made lb admins for NA1, with less powers than a regular admin.  but each server and owner would have their own preference as to what powers they should have.  so making a different level of admin that would make everyone happy wouldn't be easy. 

What I really want is some kind of dynamic timer that adjusts based on population. The short timers work for when its low pop, but those few times we get a sizable population suddenly the rounds are timing out with 10 people left.
a dynamic timer would be nice.  as would a dynamic map list.  at the same time, it wouldn't work on every server.  might be possible to set something up for na1, if its populated constantly.   at the same time, admins can always change it if need be.   

again, no promises that every issue or topic can or will be addressed in the patch.  some stuff might be best left to the server owner to request rather than everyone having it.  other stuff may just be out of my/our hands.  we will just have to see how things go. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 02:57:48 pm »
Is there actually any point in adding new units to a game that's well sad to say but dying? Of course, I am a fan of your work Vince I truly do appreciate all the time and effort that you've spent into developing not only the game but the community itself, I just feel that there isn't any needs to patch the game, many would disagree with me and I respect their opinions but this is my opinion, I feel like you might as well just put the time into BCoF.
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 03:18:45 pm »
Is there actually any point in adding new units to a game that's well sad to say but dying? Of course, I am a fan of your work Vince I truly do appreciate all the time and effort that you've spent into developing not only the game but the community itself, I just feel that there isn't any needs to patch the game, many would disagree with me and I respect their opinions but this is my opinion, I feel like you might as well just put the time into BCoF.
Vince said he won't be putting much work into this it will be thunderstormer doing most of it I believe.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 04:01:54 pm »
Vince said he won't be putting much work into this it will be thunderstormer doing most of it I believe.
Exactly, I'm working hard on BCOF, but you guys in the community could get together and make a patch to make the game better, why not right?

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 04:35:10 pm »
Exactly, I'm working hard on BCOF, but you guys in the community could get together and make a patch to make the game better, why not right?
I would be interested in the idea of putting forward a team that could on a somewhat regular basis puts out community made maps, units and scripts etc. Kinda like what Roblox does, tons of game modes that alot of kids play that were made by the community.

Could do something like a community spotlight every month, 1 unit, 1 script/mod (Maybe? Admin tools by Kannade is a good example) and 1 map then implement them on a monthly or quarterly basis? Do that for a year while everyone waits for BCoF and Bannerlord. I know at least 50 people that would play if they knew the game was having some life breathed into it.

Would also be absolutely minimal effort by the FSE team to focus on their project. Along with still keeping the game smooth. They are just maps and units/skins. Only for a year, not indefintely. I know the reason people are turned off by this game isn't the mechanics or (very minimal) bugs, its the lack of content, the same thing every other day for what, 3 years is tedious :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:40:35 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 04:54:50 pm »
I would be interested in the idea of putting forward a team that could on a somewhat regular basis puts out community made maps, units and scripts etc. Kinda like what Roblox does, tons of game modes that alot of kids play that were made by the community.

Could do something like a community spotlight every month, 1 unit, 1 script/mod (Maybe? Admin tools by Kannade is a good example) and 1 map then implement them on a monthly or quarterly basis? Do that for a year while everyone waits for BCoF and Bannerlord. I know at least 50 people that would play if they knew the game was having some life breathed into it.

Would also be absolutely minimal effort by the FSE team to focus on their project. Along with still keeping the game smooth. They are just maps and units/skins. Only for a year, not indefintely. I know the reason people are turned off by this game isn't the mechanics or (very minimal) bugs, its the lack of content, the same thing every other day for what, 3 years is tedious :)
Like freelancers?
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild