Author Topic: [CCL - S1] Announcement Thread  (Read 21695 times)

Offline targeknight

• Private
  • proud Oberleutnant of the Nr.6
    • View Profile
  • Nick: targeknight
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Cavalry Champions League | Announcement Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2019, 08:38:43 pm »
It's      t a r g e k n i g h t   Not Targeknight   nor targetknight

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:17 pm »
It's      t a r g e k n i g h t   Not Targeknight   nor targetknight

Don't worry bro, gotcha.

Spoiler
[close]

In all seriousness, it's been edited, sorry about that! I also edited another mistake in the showcase, it wasn't the 4e that the Nr6 faced in the Hussar Cup like previously written but the 8th and their match was actually super close. Props to Cage for catching that one!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:52:48 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Cage

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Nick: Former 8th Cpt.
  • Side: Union
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2019, 11:14:45 pm »
very well-written once again tardet, they're always an interesting read. I'll be looking forward to the ones to come

Offline CCL Official

• Board Moderator
  • Official account of the Cavalry Champions League
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2019, 01:34:51 pm »

After several months of hard-work, discussions and planning, we are proud to present the Cavalry Champions League, a new tournament format which we hope will bring a fresh air upon the competitive cavalry community. Our staff is composed of experienced and talented members, longtime cavalry players or leaders, with multiple tournaments organisations under their belts. With their combined knowledge and expertise, we intend to provide you with a high-quality tournament production, including a new way to stream matches, several different media contents and a lot of new features.

The tournament will consist in one league, with all regiments having to fight each other twice, in a home-away system. At the end of the regular season, the regiment with the most points will be awarded the title of CCL winner. Starting from today until the start of the tournament in January, this series of article will take a detailed look at the regiments which have been invited to this competition, revealing them one by one.

Today, we present you with the seventh invited team of the Cavalry Champions League, the 5e Régiment de Hussards

Trivia:

The 5e Régiment de Hussards truly has become a big name in the cavalry community. It was founded by Exofrance, Peponi, Chuscos, Eous and Destrass on December 17, 2014. With proven experience gathered in the ranks of the 7e Hussards, they were quickly capable of establishing a solid structure and set for themselves the goal of establishing the 5e's name among those of the respected cavalry regiments in the community. The 5e Hussard quickly managed to establish strong dominance on the battlefield and gathered many noticeable victories in official matches. Its most impressive success as a regiment was to reach the final of the CNWL twice. However, the 4e Hussard stood in front of them in these two occasions leading to a draw preventing them from grabbing the title. The intensity of these two encounters - which both ended in a draw, and lead to direct rematches to decide the winner - as well as the fact that the leadership from both regiments used to play together among the 7e, created a lasting rivalry between the 4e and the 5 Hussards.

By the end of 2017, after two years fighting at the highest level of the competitive cavalry community, the leaders of the 5e Hussard decided to put the regiment on a well-deserved break, unsure on wherever or not they would come back. But the flame in their hearts never died, which is why Exofrance, with his officers Treiz and Napoléon, decided a few months later to revive the regiment and once again lead the 5e to glory and greatness. Even though the 5e could still count many veterans in its ranks, its roster had slightly changed, with new additions also contributing to their renewal. After a CNWL with mixed results, the 5e Régiment de Hussards intends to show to the community that the legacy they built some years back isn't a vestige of the past and that their will to perform against the best regiment of the scene and make them bite the dust is still one of the reasons driving the 5e in this CCL.   

Regimental Leader: Colonel Exofrance
Regimental Second in command: Lieutenant Treiz
Regimental Third in command: Sous-Lieutenant Napoléon

Competitive Results:

- Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 2 | 4th Place - League 1
- Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 3 | 2nd Place - League 1
- Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 4 | 2nd Place - League 1
- Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 5 | 7th Place - League 1
- Hussars Cup - Season 1 | 3rd-4th Place

Many regiments disband or take an indefinite break and never come back, but the 5e is not a typical regiment. It came back strong and full of motivation and was quickly able to rise once more at the top of the cavalry scene. They proved this with the successful participation in the 5v5 tournament of the 2Lr. where they ended up with 2 teams in the top 4, even though they could not grab the final victory.

The 5e is not an ordinary regiment - it's a family. Many of its members got the chance to meet in real life, creating a special cohesion hardly achieved elsewhere. This sense of unity is also clearly reflected in their team play. The success of the individual is always subordinated to the success of the regiment. With discipline, ambition and friendliness, they achieved high status within the cavalry community and beyond. Furthermore, the 5e has many veterans with excellent skills and a lot of experience to help the new players and to carry them off. True to the motto "It is the man and not the sword that prevails, the hussar is our first and last concern", training at 5e is considered one of the most important elements.

But is the 5e also strong enough in width? Many of the new additions are unpredictable, especially in terms of their grasp of team play, but regardless the 5e is still one of the big favourite contenders for the title as long as they can consistently replicate their recent strong performances. The 5e is hungry for the title again and the flame in the hearts is bigger and stronger than ever.

CONTENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE CCL MEDIA TEAM, ARTICLE WRITTEN BY SAPHYRO, PROOFREADING BY QUINN GRAPHICS AND DESIGN BY EXOFRANCE PICTURE TAKEN FROM THE
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:28:53 am by Tardet »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2019, 01:43:37 pm »
Many thanks to Saphyro for helping writing this article, it's his very first one so I hope everyone will be indulgent with him. As a member of the 5e for quite some years, I think it accurately pictures what the 5e aspires to be and the whole thing is very well written.

Offline 15th Archer

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Archer
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2019, 02:01:03 pm »
Love to sometimes have a nosey on the old forums to still see projects like these still been created for the cavalry regiments, really good job.

Love the descriptions of each regiment as well, a really nice touch.

Good luck with this!

Offline Exofrance

• Second Lieutenant
  • j'ai mis ma salopette avec mes couettes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5e_Huss_Exofrance
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2019, 05:18:23 pm »
Great Thread, Thx  Saphyro & Tardet :-*

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2019, 05:21:19 pm »
Love to sometimes have a nosey on the old forums to still see projects like these still been created for the cavalry regiments, really good job.

Good luck with this!

Always cool to see some old faces on the forums too, hope you are doing well man and thanks for the warm words <3

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2019, 05:40:03 pm »
Great Thread, Thx  Saphyro & Tardet :-*

Was a pleasure and an honor to write the showcase about such a glorious regiment as 5e, I thought the majority of the readers like the text and don't worry, I will give 110% to improve on my writing skills :P

Thanks to Quinn aswell for his proofreading and thanks to Tardet :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:44:56 pm by Dusbled »

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2019, 05:42:10 pm »
I will give 110% to improve ,y writing skills :P

;)

Offline Goodest

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Hauptgefreiter_Goodest
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2019, 06:33:44 pm »
you did okay, saphyro
tihihih

jkjk good job

Offline Bamse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former 15th Hussar SCoH, 16e Hussard Cpt.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16e_Huss_Lt_Bamse
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2019, 12:58:34 am »

Good luck with this!

What are you doing alive?!
i thought the Scottish gestapo caught you? :P

Current: 16e Regiment de Hussards - Lieutenant Bamse
Past Regiments: 15th Hussars - Staff Corporal of Horse | K1. Kungliga Livgardet Till Häst

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2019, 06:13:10 am »
Great job in these write ups, it's stringing together a narrative for the tournament quite well. Now I'm cheering for the Nr.6!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2019, 06:34:29 am »

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2019, 07:35:39 pm »

Good luck with this!

what the fuck
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik