Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76762 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2019, 10:45:11 am »
I just sold it, sorry :P

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2019, 03:48:28 pm »
You already sold both 1080ti's?

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2019, 05:53:33 pm »
Yes

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2019, 11:31:12 am »
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/gaming/Lenovo-Legion-Y27gq-Monitor/p/DD116LPY27G

Finally a 240hz 1440p monitor.

Pros:
- 240hz
- 1440p
- HDR
- G Sync V2 (compatible with HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.4 FINALLY)
- 0.5ms Response Time
- TN So no backlight bleed issues

Cons:
- $1000 for a TN Panel
- G Sync V2 (Module rumored to cost $500 on its own), could have been FreeSync or just have none at all.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2019, 09:25:26 pm »
You didn't get the best price there

Gotem
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #365 on: February 22, 2019, 06:39:33 pm »
Nvidia 2060 vs 1660? I wish I was not broke with all of these strange new cards coming out
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 22, 2019, 08:40:58 pm »
1660 is a pointless card. Unless you can get a really good deal thats close to 200 you might as well just spend the extra 30-50 to get a 2060 with all the improvements that it comes with. Even if you don't use the RTX features.

Was looking at the Asus Strix 1660 Ti, its literally just a 1070 level of performance for the price of a 2060 which is more comparable to a 1070 ti. Like I said, no unless you get a good deal.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #367 on: February 22, 2019, 10:24:55 pm »
1660 ti seems pretty out of place, there are so many better options around that price range. For example if your trying to save money just get a rx580 its performance is similar but half the price of a a 1660 ti. 1660 ti does perform better but for a budget mid-range card RX580 is the better deal on the price end. Its like they made the 1660 ti to compete with the RX590. But overall it just doesn't seem right, the 1660 ti should be cheaper if it really wants a solid place on the market imo. Some better choices would be Vega 56 now that the price has dropped to $260 or just pay a little more for the 2060. However i haven't actually seen any Vega 56's listed at that price yet but AMD said the prices will be coming down. Which makes me think the RX590 prices should go down as well which really makes things interesting. Vega 56 at $260 would be an amazing deal... If the price drops soon like they are saying it will, i am going to buy one myself.

Imo if you have the money for a 1660ti you should just get a little more and go with a rtx 2060 like Chriseh said. (Unless Vega 56 prices actually drop)

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2019, 11:50:26 pm »
I wouldn't buy a Vega 56 literally just because it seems to have shit tons of stability issues. Looked at 2 reviewers who compared it to a 1660ti today and it wouldn't even open some games.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2019, 12:24:06 am »
I wouldn't buy a Vega 56 literally just because it seems to have shit tons of stability issues. Looked at 2 reviewers who compared it to a 1660ti today and it wouldn't even open some games.

That sucks if that is the case, I personally never looked into them that much due to the price always being like $400+. Ill have to do some research and see what the deal is with them.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2019, 09:36:49 pm »
Going to be building this PC for my irl buddy. It will be his first ever gaming PC / desktop. He is on a very small budget and wont be looking to upgrade or do anything himself. He also lives pretty far away now so i want to give him the most complete build possible at first so he doesn't have to drive back and forth a lot for me to do upgrades frequently. His max budget is $500 with no exceptions. His day job is professional video editing for a news station which is why i went with the 2400G instead of a 2200G (8 threads+Multithreading and easy 4GHz OC). I also think the slightly better iGPU will serve him better long term until he decides to add a nice GPU. I plan to OC the CPU and iGPU for the best performance possible.

I also decided to go with 16gb ram right off the bat instead of 8gb because his iGPU will be using 3gb of his system ram for vram. And i noticed most games really struggle on these ryzen apu's with less then 16gb ram. I also could of left out the m.2 nvme boot drive but i really think its pointless to have a modern PC that isn't booting on a SSD. Its a real game changer and i want him to notice the speed instantly.

Personally i cant wait to build a MicroATX pc. Should look very nice and compact. Which is also why i went with a semi-modular PSU.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKTMtg

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #371 on: March 05, 2019, 01:42:07 am »
Solid build, lots of bang for very little buck.

Use PriceSpy (or local equivalent) to make sure you're getting all parts as cheaply as you can if budget is that much of a concern.
Also, put $10 aside for getting a 2nd hand Wraith Spire off eBay, it'll make a huge difference in what you can get out of the 2400G. I mean you can go for any cooler, but there's usually plenty of 2nd hand Wraith stuff going for cheap.
Alternatively you can get a much better cooler, but it depends on the money situation.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 05, 2019, 01:53:28 am »
I've put up my old PC in case anyone's interested.

http://ebay.us/pCMv8s?cmpnId=5338273189

Its pretty cheap for what you get out of it. Still runs all games you throw at it at 60+FPS unless you are running 1440p or 4k then you need to tone down the settings a tad.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 05, 2019, 02:35:06 am »
Solid build, lots of bang for very little buck.

Use PriceSpy (or local equivalent) to make sure you're getting all parts as cheaply as you can if budget is that much of a concern.
Also, put $10 aside for getting a 2nd hand Wraith Spire off eBay, it'll make a huge difference in what you can get out of the 2400G. I mean you can go for any cooler, but there's usually plenty of 2nd hand Wraith stuff going for cheap.
Alternatively you can get a much better cooler, but it depends on the money situation.

Thanks! :D Yeah ill have to look into some wraith spires. But tbh i have faith in the Wraith Stealth that is included.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #374 on: March 05, 2019, 11:11:18 am »
Happy with how my new pc turned out :) building it was 10 times easier than I would have originally thought. Thanks Chriseh for the help! Sorry I didn't go with you this time Marceaux :( I'm sure your build would have been just as good!

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer