Poll

Pick format ...

Lines + Cav + Lights + optional Arty (min 60, 4 rounds) - (Last seasons format)
49 (28.5%)
2 Lines + Cav + Lights (min 50, 6 rounds)
68 (39.5%)
2 Lines + Cav (min 40, 8 rounds)
55 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 4 | Finals  (Read 46246 times)

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 4 | Finals
« Reply #690 on: October 09, 2020, 09:31:30 pm »
45thN, Nr13 and 1er   4:2   2Lr, 96y

After 2Lr and 96y more or less threw a 10 people advantage in the first round, the first half was very one sided and saw the 45thN Team earning a 3-0 lead. The second half was played way more passive and allthough for us (the referees) it more looked like 45thN and Nr13 wanting to play more passive the 2Lr and 96y Team actually took advantage of it, winning the only All-Charge and another round after to level it to only 3-2 remaining from the lead. The last round was the by far fastest resulting in basically an instant close engage with the 45thN, Nr13 and 1er comfortably winning it and bringing 3rd Place home.

There were rulebreaks like FIC and OA (But on a very acceptable level). No issues Cav wise. It felt like both teams wanted to show honour there. Also only a bit shittalking from 45thN and 96y. Nothing we had to really interact towards.

GG both teams!

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #691 on: October 09, 2020, 09:37:17 pm »
GG WP to the 2Lr and 96y, you guys really made us sweat after the comeback after sideswap. Thanks for the tournament Kincaid and thanks to all referees who spent their time to referee linebattles :)

Offline Powerfighter2

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Forum des 2 Leibregiments
  • Nick: Powerfighter2
« Reply #692 on: October 09, 2020, 09:38:52 pm »
GG was a really good Match and a really good Tournament. Thanks to Kincaid and all reffs helped making this season working that well.
I hope that we see us next season :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:28:32 pm by Powerfighter2 »

Offline 45th_Nova

• Sergeant
  • Colonel Of the 45th Nottinghamshire RoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nova
« Reply #693 on: October 09, 2020, 09:43:05 pm »
GG WP to the 2Lr and 96y, was a close game all the way, but lets not stop there maybe if anyone wants practice NWBC xD (jk cant be asked right now) And thank you for the Event Organiser and the Refs that refereed our matches. Thank you for refereeing and hope to see you again in another NWBC.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #694 on: October 10, 2020, 01:18:00 am »
GG WP to the 2Lr and 96y, was a close game all the way, but lets not stop there maybe if anyone wants practice NWBC xD (jk cant be asked right now) And thank you for the Event Organiser and the Refs that refereed our matches. Thank you for refereeing and hope to see you again in another NWBC.

Excellent match and some good clips of me screaming :D
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline ✠ Connor ✠

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 10, 2020, 01:22:31 am »
GGWP to 2Lr & 96y! Enjoyed most of the match, map was maybe a bit unbalanced since the UK spawn had the advantage of spawning directly on the hill. Some reset decisions & what I like to call "Alman-reffing" were a bit weird nevertheless the admin staff made a good job.

Offline Twinkiee

• Second Lieutenant
  • 8th_Huss_Cdt_*~Twinkiee~*
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #696 on: October 10, 2020, 01:54:19 am »
GG was a really competitive match. When does the next NWBC season start? Next week?

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #697 on: October 10, 2020, 04:39:28 pm »
Hi all,

Just wanted to say a massive thankyou to all participants this season - over 1,500 players, 6 weeks, 20 matches and its been great fun to play and host so thankyou. I do have a few gripes which I would like to get out the way first, which could be looked into for a future season but I won't go into them a great deal as none of them compromised the tournament in any huge way.

Firstly I did feel that camping had been addressed in the initial ruleset, but how this was handled in matches depended greatly upon the individual refs particular style/approach to that ruleset - in the future if this was standardized hopefully there would be less of an issue. Secondly there were far too many matches played without the locking scripts - it just gets to a point where all the time spent on updating the scripts felt almost futile, when over over 70% of matches were played without them. Thirdly in a future iteration (or any other tournament I host) I would appreciate more complete involvement ref wise, from all participating regiments and teams; it has been commented on more than once that reffing fell to the same people over and over again, that being said however we've definitely made some progress on this score compared to the 2v2 tournie so that's something!

A particular thanks to the refs who consistently oversaw matches from start to finish; Unicorn, Presidente, Stockholm, Powerfighter, Goodest, Twinkee, Jakob & Nightwing to name but a few. Credit to Spoons/Cedric for allowing use of their ID scripts and to the 33rd for servers, which are supported by voluntary donation by its dedicated members. Finally thanks everyone for all the positive comments, there have been a great many so I won't quote them all but rest assured I really do appreciate the words and of course your vote of confidence, in once again joining one of my tournies in the first place!! I personally love seeing all parts of the community come together in these larger scale tournaments, so you can most definitely expect something in January most likely (probably a 2nd season of 2v2)! ;D

Congratulations to the 77y and Friends for first place and best of luck to the IVe corps & The Alcoholics on the last match left to be played, the lower bracket final.

ps - I have made a few sigs/banners below but no pressure to use them at all; I do not pretend to be an expert at making graphics and simply do them for my own enjoyment x

1st - 77y & Friends

2nd - The Yorkshire Highlanders

3rd - The Palmare Hunters

(alternative with reg names)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 04:42:11 pm by 33rdKincaid »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #698 on: October 10, 2020, 04:46:20 pm »
This was brilliantly conducted and I cannot wait for another of your event. Once more, thank you for what you bring to the community Kincaid, truly appreciated by a whole lot of us.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 10, 2020, 05:02:17 pm »
Does this mean 19th is a comp reg now?

Good work though Kincaid maybe this time next year Bannerlord (Custom servers) will be a thing and NW won't exist anymore? Bannerlord Brigade Cup! We will see.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 05:04:16 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline Jakob van Bicke

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndHess_Col_Señor_Jakob
« Reply #700 on: October 10, 2020, 05:34:08 pm »

Good work though Kincaid maybe this time next year Bannerlord (Custom servers) will be a thing and NW won't exist anymore? Bannerlord Brigade Cup! We will see.
this time next year custom servers in Bannerlord? Do you even believe that yourself? 

Well, jokes aside, there's a NW mod already in development for Bannerlord. So hey, maybe we'll actually get a playable Bannerlord NW somewhen next year.

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 92nd | Col | John Gordon
« Reply #701 on: October 10, 2020, 05:40:34 pm »

You have become the very own thing you swore to destroy!

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #702 on: October 10, 2020, 05:54:27 pm »
thank you KinCaid with hosting again

it's really cool to see that NW can still sign up 1500 players for a competetive event

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #703 on: October 10, 2020, 06:05:39 pm »
A particular thanks to the refs who consistently oversaw matches from start to finish; Unicorn

8)  8) 8)

Was a really good tournament! Really enjoyed playing in it and was extremely well organised. Shame we didn't get the W in the final but there's always next time  :-[
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 06:08:38 pm by Scottish Unicorn »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #704 on: October 10, 2020, 06:07:44 pm »
A particular thanks to the refs who consistently oversaw matches from start to finish; Unicorn
Shame we didn't get the W in the final but there's ways next time  :-[
i have been saying this for a long time... So dont get urself started!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.