Poll

Pick format ...

Lines + Cav + Lights + optional Arty (min 60, 4 rounds) - (Last seasons format)
49 (28.5%)
2 Lines + Cav + Lights (min 50, 6 rounds)
68 (39.5%)
2 Lines + Cav (min 40, 8 rounds)
55 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 4 | Finals  (Read 46243 times)

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 4 | Match-week 4 (catch-up)
« Reply #465 on: September 21, 2020, 11:24:08 pm »
Maybe someone post score?
92nd, 33rd 4:2 45thN, Nr13, 1er

Offline Jakob van Bicke

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2ndHess_Col_Señor_Jakob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #466 on: September 22, 2020, 12:09:30 am »
Palmares Hunters 2 - 4 Yorkshire Highlanders

A match... hard to find a good way to word it.

Let's point out the good things first: nice attendance (70v70 and above) and very close rounds. Most rounds ended with the winning side having less than 10 men. That's about it already though.

Now to the problems of this match:
-Camping. The Nr1 problem in this match. Both sides just chilled and shot at each other waiting for the admins to call an all charge (5/6 rounds we had to issue an all charge).
-Drawn out melee. After the all charge was issued it took at least 5 minutes each round for melee to end. That's not because people were playing so damn sick that they just blocked everything, but plainly because everyone kept running and waiting for the Cav to decide the all charge.
-Behavior in chat. The first 2 rounds were absolutely chaotic. Nr13 requested a chat restriction in round 3. A few slays had to be issued to make sure everybody actually obeys the chat rule. 1 person was banned from the server due to racial & anti semitic slurs and insults directed at the referees.

The other referees and I were bored out of our minds watching this match. No tactics, no teamplay, nothing. Instead both sides camp, shoot a little bit, and wait for the refs to call all charge. The 3 of us were joking about playing some Among Us after issuing the all charge, as it took at least 5-10 minutes for melee to finish each round.
I, personally, see the main issue in this match, along with the sheer unwillingness of either team to actually play the format they signed up for and playing a 70v70 GF with Cav support instead, with the rules about all charge. The fact that Cavalry can stay mounted during all charge is absolutely stupid. In most of the rounds played the cavalry of either team was the one that won or lost the round. The Infantry just kept running away whilst their mounted friends pick off enemies one by one. The other referees and I were arguing about telling Cav to dismount, decided against it however as we knew there was some talk about this on the forum before already. Our reasoning behind that was that if there was a talk about a rule before already and that didn't lead to changing it, then we do not have the authority to overrule that one.

But that's just my view and opinion on the whole matter. WP to both sides. I, however, refuse to call this a "good game".

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #467 on: September 22, 2020, 12:18:25 am »
I agree on the points in terms of all-charge. No hussar enjoys to run around 10 minutes just to get shot from his horse from 10 miles away already and I like the to stay on horse during allcharge cuz otherwise there would be no reason to even call in cavalry for this tournament. I find the map is not really good, you cant really hide as a cav regiment/bataillon. Maybe if you get some more hills so regiments can approach without getting shot from 3 lines would make things easier

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 22, 2020, 12:21:48 am »
All we can derive from this is that some rule changes are clearly needed before playoffs start.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #469 on: September 22, 2020, 12:25:11 am »
The camping part was mainly caused because of the map. Shit happens tho. This wasn't the case in our other matches, because we had a river map.
Also when you say about the cav being mounted during all charge is what makes it interesting. Yes it takes some time to finish melee and move on to the next round, but in my opinion and I think I can speak for a lot of people in our team that it was all about patience, skill (example: Stockholm and a cav guy clutching a 4v2) and keeping yourself calm in situations where you have for example 7 inf and 6 cav circling around you all the time.
For some people it might be boring to watch (yes, me too), but I see both sides willing to get victory at all cost and go balls deep.
I still respect your opinion Jakob, but I think you see it in the wrong way tbh. (But I understand tho, cuz i'd not like to ref a match like this haha)

Overall GG WP to our enemy, but fuck you that this match took 1 hour and 45min.  :)
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #470 on: September 22, 2020, 12:25:32 am »

Let's point out the good things first: nice attendance (70v70 and above) and very close rounds. Most rounds ended with the winning side having less than 10 men. That's about it already though.

-Camping. The Nr1 problem in this match. Both sides just chilled and shot at each other waiting for the admins to call an all charge (5/6 rounds we had to issue an all charge).
-Drawn out melee. After the all charge was issued it took at least 5 minutes each round for melee to end. That's not because people were playing so damn sick that they just blocked everything, but plainly because everyone kept running and waiting for the Cav to decide the all charge.
-Behavior in chat. The first 2 rounds were absolutely chaotic. Nr13 requested a chat restriction in round 3. A few slays had to be issued to make sure everybody actually obeys the chat rule. 1 person was banned from the server due to racial & anti semitic slurs and insults directed at the referees.

The other referees and I were bored out of our minds watching this match. No tactics, no teamplay, nothing. Instead both sides camp, shoot a little bit, and wait for the refs to call all charge. The 3 of us were joking about playing some Among Us after issuing the all charge, as it took at least 5-10 minutes for melee to finish each round.
I, personally, see the main issue in this match, along with the sheer unwillingness of either team to actually play the format they signed up for and playing a 70v70 GF with Cav support instead, with the rules about all charge. The fact that Cavalry can stay mounted during all charge is absolutely stupid. In most of the rounds played the cavalry of either team was the one that won or lost the round. The Infantry just kept running away whilst their mounted friends pick off enemies one by one. The other referees and I were arguing about telling Cav to dismount, decided against it however as we knew there was some talk about this on the forum before already. Our reasoning behind that was that if there was a talk about a rule before already and that didn't lead to changing it, then we do not have the authority to overrule that one.

But that's just my view and opinion on the whole matter. WP to both sides. I, however, refuse to call this a "good game".
well the cavs are faster with horses, so it's more the cavs who are delaying the thing by turning around lmao, and the only round we played (without the all charge) the cavs were charging all the lines at the same time accross the map, no rules for cavs yolo

Offline Jakob van Bicke

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 22, 2020, 12:38:31 am »
I agree on the points in terms of all-charge. No hussar enjoys to run around 10 minutes just to get shot from his horse from 10 miles away already and I like the to stay on horse during allcharge cuz otherwise there would be no reason to even call in cavalry for this tournament. I find the map is not really good, you cant really hide as a cav regiment/bataillon. Maybe if you get some more hills so regiments can approach without getting shot from 3 lines would make things easier

The camping part was mainly caused because of the map. Shit happens tho. This wasn't the case in our other matches, because we had a river map.

Nobody forced you to play on that map. There are a total of 16 maps you could have chosen from. There are quite a bunch with bigger hills on them as well. You guys are free to discuss about what map to play on before the match starts. As noone did that we refs just picked one at random. Nobody complained about it, so we started the match.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #472 on: September 22, 2020, 12:45:53 am »
I'm not blaming you. It was just unfortunate my dude.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Jakob van Bicke

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 22, 2020, 12:53:16 am »

well the cavs are faster with horses, so it's more the cavs who are delaying the thing by turning around lmao, and the only round we played (without the all charge) the cavs were charging all the lines at the same time accross the map, no rules for cavs yolo
The only thing I saw that round was Nr13 complaining about Cav rambo when they actually moved into range of the encounter. That, however, was only what I saw. Maybe there was Cav rambo, maybe there wasn't. But just to put that all into perspective for you. We were 3 refs. There was a total of 150 players on the battlefield divided into 5 units on each side making a total of 10 units. The 3 of us have to make sure to revive any OA, slay any FiC, make sure to remember who starts camping when, read through 100 messages full of bullshit to find one actual important message in chat, and take care of cav rambo. At times, especially when a regiment likes to make the refs' day even harder by spamming the chat, trolling, or breaking the rules on purpose, we miss things. The tools Warband gives us aren't too great for this either. I have to look up the name of the guy who fucked up, find him in the list (out of more than 150 names) and slay him. Even with Wüstis Admintool I still have to find the right player and slay him. And if I slay the wrong one only once... oh better prepare yourself for waves of hatred coming towards you from his whole team. (Not that I'd give a fuck though)
If you actually wanna help enforcing the rules sign up as a damn ref and help us out. 1 ref can't handle 50 players

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #474 on: September 22, 2020, 01:02:10 am »
GG WP had some really close tight rounds couldve gone either way especially with that silly duel at the end of one of the rounds!
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 22, 2020, 01:02:53 am »
I actually have to disagree with a lot of points.

But lets start. The camping was bullshit but do you expect us to run in when 45thN literally didnt do anything the whole match. If you as refs would have just told them to move away there would have been no issue. But calling All-Charge after 5mins just shows you guys were lazy and didnt do a good job there.

Also at least 2 92nd boys have been questioning the map before the first round so. Reading the internal could solve that.

With the Chat I have mixed feelings. Insults and stuff are bullshit and I am happy you enforced bans and slays there. But generally a lot of people where just crying about nothing. It was a Big game and especially also including the talking that was done before the Match, I cant say it was any worse then I expected it to be.

And last point with the Charges. I think I havent seen more complicated tactics and so much skill in months, if not years. The meele took long but with cav of course they do. But thats the format so.

So like if you wanna see more tactics maybe enforce the anti camp timer next time. From my perspective the best Match of the Season
 GG

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 22, 2020, 01:12:57 am »
Weird how its always the 92nd matches where camping is a problem, but it's just always their opposition that is to blame.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2020, 01:13:21 am »
it was not only 1 guy, the whole cav reg did that lmao, btw i dont care about reffing, like you gave your opinion about the match i gave you mine

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2020, 01:15:12 am »
the borderhug thing was also questionable, we all went off and they again went right backwards back to the wall

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 22, 2020, 01:16:10 am »
Weird how its always the 92nd matches where camping is a problem, but it's just always their opposition that is to blame.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
I am sure there are recordings. Get yourself Popcorn, enjoy and find your own opinion.

My point with not calling any camp timer but super early All-Charges remains either way