Author Topic: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 19645 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 03:50:56 am »
How does Gluk propose to breath life into the community?
I would also be curious to know how Gluk can bring forth more freshness and positive change than any of the other candidates.
I don't really like the fact that I'm being put on the spot for something I did not say but hopefully I can bring freshness into the community. I do not intend to just sit around twiddling my thumbs, but at this point, it's different to say that one person can bring freshness to the community. That is just the honest truth. To continue off of that though, i do think that the CR can prolong the inevitable by their actions. If the CR can work with the Devs, Regs, and Event Hosts, the CR can certainly make the community more alive. Basically, I hope to talk to regiments to get them to sign up to more events, i wish to help newer regiments form and stay alive as well as providing them with the best events possible and pointing them away from less reputable events. I hope to prevent regiments on the verge of dying from dying. There are a number of ways that I can attempt to accomplish these goals (if you ask, i can explain in further detail but i don't really want this post to be a block of text), but all of them can in a sense bring some sort of freshness to the community. As i said though, it would only be prolonging the inevitable.

I don't want to be too harsh on Orcaryo but I honestly don't think that you should run again. The community is getting to the point where we can't have people just sitting and doing nothing or very little and I'm sorry Orc but you've done very little. I backed you once you won the last two elections, i will not be doing this a third time.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2017, 04:28:38 am »
Well clearly you won't, as you're running and (basically) have a campaign going. But i'd like to add, Orcaryo is being treated like he did nothing as CR. Seemed to me like he did a great job, not being overly intrusive, solving problems where he's needed, staying in the background, and working for the community, not just with it.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 04:31:57 am »
Well clearly you won't, as you're running and (basically) have a campaign going. But i'd like to add, Orcaryo is being treated like he did nothing as CR. Seemed to me like he did a great job, not being overly intrusive, solving problems where he's needed, staying in the background, and working for the community, not just with it.

What are his accomplishments?

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2017, 04:40:23 am »

He got Bill banned, he helped solve the NANWL crisis (as much as he could), he created the form list, which in my eyes quieted a lot of the epeen shouting, i'm sure he's helped handle the 63e in some capacity (I was banned for a while, and he actually tried to help me out with that), and he's doing that thing with Riddlez. Plus a bunch of subboards and some minor admin stuff. I'm sure there's more if you ask him

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 06:06:13 am »

He got Bill banned, he helped solve the NANWL crisis (as much as he could), he created the form list, which in my eyes quieted a lot of the epeen shouting, i'm sure he's helped handle the 63e in some capacity (I was banned for a while, and he actually tried to help me out with that), and he's doing that thing with Riddlez. Plus a bunch of subboards and some minor admin stuff. I'm sure there's more if you ask him

To be honest, I think I will try and steal credit for getting Bill banned. I started that when I was CR, I got him banned (not permanently, cause Duuring didnt know Bill well enough), and then pushed Orcaryo to ban him. So I will be so bold to say that I had more to do with getting Bill banned than Orcaryo.

The form list that was abandoned? I started the whole "form" thing. He started another list kinda going off of it getting certain people to vote. It was a thing for like a month, and that thread only has 34 pages total and stopped being updated less than a month after it started, which means it wasn't really a huge deal in bringing back forum activity.

I would say his crowning achievement was the weekly tournaments, which you didn't really bring up. Good on him for that, but we need more than just that.

All of this was for the most part achieved in his first time with very little happening since.

I dunno. I like Orcaryo as a person, and he is a cool guy, but I think he has roughly average accomplishments as far as CRs go and he has had over twice the time to accomplish things as any other CR. I think it is time to hand it to somebody else, personally.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:08:33 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2017, 06:35:23 am »
May Orcaryo reign as community rep till' the ends of time

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2017, 06:42:10 am »
In regards to the NANWL crisis that you brought up, i would just like to say that orcaryo told Amit that he had his support on it and i think he may have messaged duuring once. Myself on the other hand supported amit since day one and i constantly messaged duuring on both the forums and steam in order to push him to make the decision to give it to Amit. I think me, beanbean, and obviously amit have significantly more claim to solving that whole issue than anyone else does. I was actively involved in the whole thing and trying to keep in contact with karth as it was happening so I would say that I know quite a bit about this issue and who were the key players in that.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2017, 06:56:33 am »
Everybody knows the tale of how Karth tried to steal NANWL.  We know that Amit and Myself stood above that shit and made sure it did not fall into the hands of a single regiment.  However, one thing that many of you may not know is that a third person was involved in making sure that this horrific idea never saw the light of day.  That hero, my friends, is GlukTheWalrus.  As softspoken and reserved as he may seem this knight of the round table has as clear understanding of what is going on in NW and knows how to fix it both on and off the forums.  I usually stay away from this politics hoopla but I wanted to give my support to Gluk since he is, in many ways, a silent representative of what this community should be like. 

That is all....thank you...

Papabean

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2017, 07:02:49 am »
I mean, I supported Amit from day one, gave him a lot of advice/feedback, was open to talk to Duuring about it, and actively campaigned within and outside my regiment for him, but none of that matters, cause while all this was going on the CR already expressed the will of the community to have Amit.
Now, it's not fair to downplay his input, as he was on vacation. So I'm not sure what more you expected him to do..

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2017, 07:16:39 am »
I mean, I supported Amit from day one, gave him a lot of advice/feedback, was open to talk to Duuring about it, and actively campaigned within and outside my regiment for him, but none of that matters, cause while all this was going on the CR already expressed the will of the community to have Amit.
Now, it's not fair to downplay his input, as he was on vacation. So I'm not sure what more you expected him to do..

I get what you are saying Theo but the fact that Gluk had conversations with Duuring about the issue shows that he took a more vested intrest in the issue.  I understand that he was on vacation but in all honestly when the issues arose Gluk was one of the knights riding into combat and winning the battle for the NW community.  So yeah his input is nice and all but actions speak louder than words. 

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2017, 06:02:33 pm »
Now I've 100% been living under a rock......no chance someone could PM me the tale of Karth's attempted take over could they?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2017, 06:29:08 pm »
You all are fighting over a title that has no power and never will. It's a joke that tries to keep a dead community engaged but news flash, it's fucking dead m8's. 

If we gave them the power to ban and repress people, than you'd have my full attention. It might actually make this worth something
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2017, 07:51:56 pm »
Whenever this is done, I would like to talk to the newly elected CR. I am probably going to push the USMC to open up recruiting on BBG Bot Survival probably in April to keep the community alive a bit longer til the next game comes out. So add me on steam whoever it is. BBG tired

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 12:40:42 am »
You all are fighting over a title that has no power and never will. It's a joke that tries to keep a dead community engaged but news flash, it's fucking dead m8's. 

If we gave them the power to ban and repress people, than you'd have my full attention. It might actually make this worth something

then why do u post? no offense but some people actually want to help the community and maybe try to do something

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 08:15:42 am »
The time to apply will end at 12 am on the 4th central US time. so a little under 23 hours from now. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.