Author Topic: Weird or just Unloved?  (Read 7032 times)

Offline alexamasan

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Weird or just Unloved?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »
In my opinion, just because you own or enjoy collecting items with certain backgrounds, whether it be Nazi items or whips used on actual slaves in the US, that doesn't necessarily make you a supporter of those things.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 07:39:51 pm »
An original Swastika flag in good condition is an excellent find. It doesn't matter if it was the symbol of hate and death, it's a relic of the past and should be treasured. He should be very happy that he found something like that, but if I were him I wouldn't have posted it on facebook knowing peoples' probable reactions. People should learn to not jump to conclusions and to learn to accept history for what it was instead of trying to cover things up and wipe them from memory.

Now, may he be a Nazi? Maybe. Is he automatically a Nazi because he's interested in history and antiques? Definitely not.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:41:39 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 07:49:23 pm »

Now, may he be a Nazi? Maybe. Is he automatically a Nazi because he's interested in history and antiques? Definitely not.

I am totally agree with you. Perhaps he just likes the antiques and that's not a reason to automatically say he's a nazi.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 08:36:50 pm »
Hmmm, this all seems... complicated, but you can make it complicated I suppose.

In my personal opinion, I would rather have an SS flag than a US infantry's. In my opinion, 'relics' from darker people are often the ones with the most/best/most interesting stories. They are the ones worth having.

Also, people tody need to cool it down on the second world war. Damn, it's 70 years ago. In 2 decades, there will be no people left who actually experienced it! Having two artefacts from SS men, doesn't even HINT in the slightest that he is in fact, a Nazi.

A museum has ten times the number of SS items. Now, I can just about hear you say: "A museum, that's something else!"

What if it isn't, maybe this boy is creating his museum.

What they lad should, or rather, shouldn't have done, is posting it on Facebook. Everyone knows WW2 is indeed a sensitive span of time. But, agreeing with user before. Start worrying once he has a shrine.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 08:50:31 pm »
The Jewish rebels had much more class.

Lol, you seem pretty brainwashed. Of course that doesn't go over well nowadays because it's impossible for Jews to be brainwashed, amiright? The holocaust made them into superhumans.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 08:53:28 pm »

Lol, you seem pretty brainwashed. Of course that doesn't go over well nowadays because it's impossible for Jews to be brainwashed, amiright? The holocaust made them into superhumans.

Oh no.. the moderator just arrived... RUUUN!!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 08:56:25 pm »

It's not anti-semitic to suggest that Jews are just like normal people, prone to corruption, bribery, lying, envy. People seem to forget that these days and now every time someone says something bad about a Jew they call them out for anti-semitism

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »

I don't like to make superficial judgments, so I won't comment on the OP. Just try to keep this conversation as cultured and sensitive to others as possible.

Kielbasa!

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 09:07:11 pm »

Just try to keep this conversation as cultured and sensitive to others as possible.

Won't be hard. That's what we have been doing and in every case, the most interesting part of the post it's already gone.

Spoiler
I am sorry but my previous experiences in a post like this one and its consequences have left me traumatized.
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 10:46:41 pm »
I'm German, and am very, very, very proud of my backgrounds, my ethnicity, my culture. I came here to America when I was only three. I was born to a German Father, and an American Mother. My Father's Father, who I call "Opa" (German for "Grandpa) out of respect, was incredibly ashamed of his Father, my Grossopa (German for "Great Grandpa). My Grossopa, Maximilien was a German Fallschirmjaeger Colonel in the 4-Luftwaffe Division, 3-Bataillon Fallschirmjaeger Corps. My Grossopa fought in WWI, and WWII. It is a common misconception by Americans that all German Soldiers and Officers, Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe alike, were "Nazi's" and "killed Jews." It's just incredibly wrong. I need to share this, it's a prefix of what I am now going to say.

Being born German, which I am proud of, and would not ever want to change, is hard when you're in America; Northeast specifically (Tri-State Area). Historically, a very large portion of the American Armed Forces during WWII --- Throughout history in general --- came from New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts., etc. It's fair enough to say that dislike towards people that are full-blooded Germans is quite high around these areas. I started my schooling in New York, when I was 5. I did not attend "Pre-School," since my Parents decided that was a waste of time for me, and due to my age and "intelligence." Kindergarten-3rd grade was fairly easy, in the sense I wasn't picked on. It seemed to change dramatically over the course of the next few school years. I started schooling in New Jersey in the 1st grade, my Father got a job here in New Jersey, I have been here since.  When 4th grade came around, it was almost like I was already beginning to be picked out from the bunch, like some sort of disease. Kids, age of 8-9 were avoiding me, sometimes name-calling, but it wasn't enough to actually hurt. By the time I was in the 6th grade, things changed so badly, that I honestly contemplated going to school somedays. There was a report I did in the 6th grade, it was a history report of our families, everyone did it, and I obviously had a strong German background to write about. I was a great writer, and still am, however I feel that my complexity in writing started this whole bullshit with the kids from 6th-12th grade (I schooled with the same kids during those years, it's where I lived, never moved). I expressed how proud i was to be German, and I brought in my Grossopa's medals from WWI, and a couple from WWII (These are some of the only things my Opa didn't burn of my Grossopa's things, out of being ashamed of who his father was). I was almost immediately labeled as "scum" and dealt with a lot of bullshit throughout the years. I was called "Kraut, Nazi, Blood-sucker, Sausage-sucker, Jewkiller, Gerry, Hun, etc." That list of names can go on for an hour. Of course, as well got older, the attacks were more and more ridiculous. There was this rumor going around during my highschool years, that I was actually a Nazi because some of the other kids saw me purchase an SS flag, a Swastika Trinity flag, and I also bought a Luftwaffe cap with totenkopf insignia, like this one. As you can see, the side of the cap has the Luftwaffe SS insignia on it... It's the Luftwaffe eagle insignia (Which symbolized the air force), and just below it is a swastika. I made the mistake of bringing it in to school once, but I did it because my history class was learning about WWII, and our teacher asked us to bring things in from the war. So, of course, out of ignorance, I brought the hat to school, and showed it to the class. Biggest mistake, ever... I was called a Nazi in class, and was sent to the Principal for anti-semitism, religious ignorance, and ownership of an item to promote anti-semitism. The "charges" (as far as school charges go) were dropped. I kept my cap, and never brought it to school again, or even took it out of the house.

Enough about my shit now. I needed to let you guys know where my opinion is coming from. The mentioned person in the OP could have very possibly bought the flag for a collection. My collection of German militaria during WWII is quite massive, and with all the shit I have, I could start reenacting as a Luftwaffe Pionier or Infantryman/Grenadier. His decision to post such things online, that's where I say it's stupid. Yes, I brought my cap to school, but him posting that shit online, it can be seen by anyone around the world. Wasn't the smartest thing to do. However, to call him Nazi for what he brought is ridiculous. It's like calling a boy who's into "Hello Kitty" and posts pictures about it, a faggot. It's wrong, and unless they are actually what they're labeled as by idiots, it's not fair to them.

I hope my story at the top didn't de-rail from the OP. I just wanted to share it to let you guys know exactly where I am coming from.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:36:54 am by kpetschulat »

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 01:20:58 am »
I'm German, and am very, very, very proud of my backgrounds, my ethnicity, my culture. I came here to America when I was only three. I was born to a German Father, and an American Mother. My Father's Father, who I call "Opa" (German for "Grandpa) out of respect, was incredibly ashamed of his Father, my Grossopa (German for "Great Grandpa). My Grossopa, Maximilien was a German Fallschirmjaeger Colonel in the 4-Luftwaffe Division, 3-Bataillon Fallschirmjaeger Corps. My Grossopa fought in WWI, and WWII. It is a common misconception by Americans that all German Soldiers and Officers, Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe alike, were "Nazi's" and "killed Jews." It's just incredibly wrong. I need to share this, it's a prefix of what I am now going to say.

Being born German, which I am proud of, and would not ever want to change, is hard when you're in America; Northeast specifically (Tri-State Area). Historically, a very large portion of the American Armed Forces during WWII --- Throughout history in general --- came from New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Boston, etc. It's fair enough to say that dislike towards people that are full-blooded Germans is quite high around these areas. I started my schooling in New York, when I was 5. I did not attend "Pre-School," since my Parents decided that was a waste of time for me, and due to my age and "intelligence." Kindergarten-3rd grade was fairly easy, in the sense I wasn't picked on. It seemed to change dramatically over the course of the next few school years. I started schooling in New Jersey in the 1st grade, my Father got a job here in New Jersey, I have been here since.  When 4th grade came around, it was almost like I was already beginning to be picked out from the bunch, like some sort of disease. Kids, age of 8-9 were avoiding me, sometimes name-calling, but it wasn't enough to actually hurt. By the time I was in the 6th grade, things changed so badly, that I honestly contemplated going to school somedays. There was a report I did in the 6th grade, it was a history report of our families, everyone did it, and I obviously had a strong German background to write about. I was a great writer, and still am, however I feel that my complexity in writing started this whole bullshit with the kids from 6th-12th grade (I schooled with the same kids during those years, it's where I lived, never moved). I expressed how proud i was to be German, and I brought in my Grossopa's medals from WWI, and a couple from WWII (These are some of the only things my Opa didn't burn of my Grossopa's things, out of being ashamed of who his father was). I was almost immediately labeled as "scum" and dealt with a lot of bullshit throughout the years. I was called "Kraut, Nazi, Blood-sucker, Sausage-sucker, Jewkiller, Gerry, Hun, etc." That list of names can go on for an hour. Of course, as well got older, the attacks were more and more ridiculous. There was this rumor going around during my highschool years, that I was actually a Nazi because some of the other kids saw me purchase an SS flag, a Swastika Trinity flag, and I also bought a Luftwaffe cap with totenkopf insignia, like this one. As you can see, the side of the cap has the Luftwaffe SS insignia on it... It's the Luftwaffe eagle insignia (Which symbolized the air force), and just below it is a swastika. I made the mistake of bringing it in to school once, but I did it because my history class was learning about WWII, and our teacher asked us to bring things in from the war. So, of course, out of ignorance, I brought the hat to school, and showed it to the class. Biggest mistake, ever... I was called a Nazi in class, and was sent to the Principal for anti-semitism, religious ignorance, and ownership of an item to promote anti-semitism. The "charges" (as far as school charges go) were dropped. I kept my cap, and never brought it to school again, or even took it out of the house.

Enough about my shit now. I needed to let you guys know where my opinion is coming from. The mentioned person in the OP could have very possibly bought the flag for a collection. My collection of German militaria during WWII is quite massive, and with all the shit I have, I could start reenacting as a Luftwaffe Pionier or Infantryman/Grenadier. His decision to post such things online, that's where I say it's stupid. Yes, I brought my cap to school, but him posting that shit online, it can be seen by anyone around the world. Wasn't the smartest thing to do. However, to call him Nazi for what he brought is ridiculous. It's like calling a boy who's into "Hello Kitty" and posts pictures about it, a faggot. It's wrong, and unless they are actually what they're labeled as by idiots, it's not fair to them.

I hope my story at the top didn't de-rail from the OP. I just wanted to share it to let you guys know exactly where I am coming from.

That's a very interesting and reflexive history, thanks for your contribution.

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 03:33:12 am »

Lol, you seem pretty brainwashed.

If you knew anything about me or how I post on the forums, you'd take it as a joke. However, seeing as you don't and we will never get along, here's a nice note: I like to joke and all, but I'm almost 410% positive the average Jew had more class than your average Nazi soldier. You're on a slippery slope in life if you disagree.

every time someone says something bad about a Jew they call them out for anti-semitism

Nobody insulted the Jews on this forum thread. You may of misread something. Want to so you can be the first to be called out?
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=4562.0
Anyways, back on key note, because that's the last I'll be going off topic (on an off topic thread in an off topic page ;))

I'd like to know more about the student. Does he have a history of doing things like this?
I love history fanatics, but anyone with the balls do post what he did (the flag) has some serious cohones.

Ask him upfront on my behalf:) I'm so curious!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 03:44:46 am »
Oh I'm 410% wrong and you are automatically right. WE WILL NEVER GET ALONG BECAUSE I INSULTED JEWS. No I didn't by the way, but thanks for proving my point that any criticism to a jew will be taken as hate or anti-seminism.

And you are very, very brainwashed. I was actually taken aback by your post when I read how delusional you are. The average jew had way more class than the average Nazi soldier?  I'm pretty sure average people of different backgrounds cannot be judged on their class based on what political party or religion they affiliate themselves with. You seem to think Jews are superior to everyone else though, so you're just as bad as the Nazis.

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 03:51:06 am »
Oh I'm 410% wrong and you are automatically right.
I like to assume so.

I INSULTED JEWS.

You actually didn't. I stated this before, you've done nothing wrong. Stop freaking out, please.

And you are very, very brainwashed.

No, I'm not. You can quit that now.

I'm pretty sure average people of different backgrounds cannot be judged on their class based on what political party or religion they affiliate themselves with.

Unless they participate in a slaughter led by a madman. I never even mentioned anything about their religion. Jeeeez.

You seem to think Jews are superior to everyone else though

Unless "everyone else" are the Nazis, I'm afraid I never stated that.

so you're just as bad as the Nazis.
What ever happened to not judging people?
Back. On. Topic.

Edit#2: Any further arguing you wish to continue with should be sent to me through messaging, or add me on Steam. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:53:31 am by 1stNOG_IDF »

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 04:07:24 am »
I said it once before, and this is the last time I will do so. Keep this conversation civil and sensitive to others. If someone says something inflammatory, then ignore it and report it. No pointless drama needs to come out of stupid remarks. That said, stupid remarks will no longer be tolerated on this thread.

Keep it clean.

Kielbasa!