Author Topic: DMT-Dimethyltryptamine  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Brock

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
DMT-Dimethyltryptamine
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:56:52 pm »
DMT or Dimethyltryptamine is a schedue 1 pychadelic which is the strongest hallucineogen known to man. It is the same substance produced when dreaming as well as dying. I've researched this drug and have been so damn interested in it ever since, and felt like discussing this and sharing it. Apparently, the drug is also found in plants and animals, and you can extract it from your very lawn. The product of a process to make the drug is a yellow powder or crystal which is usually smoked. The trip last 5-60 minutes, depending on the quality and amount. During the trip, you "leave" your body and visit another place where you can experience numerous things including the presence of a god-like being as well as aliens. Once you come out of the trip, you snap back into reality. Anyways, I've wanted to hear you guys opinion on why humans and other animals/plants have this substance in their bodies. Does this relate to an afterlife? Time for some discussing.

Offline Brock

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DMT-Dimethyltryptamine
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:22 pm »

Offline Cordo

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Cordo
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »
Wow, this is quite interesting! :o

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:17:59 pm »
This is really interesting,  :)

Am I the only one thinking about LSD?  :P
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:19:32 pm by von_Bismarck »

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 06:27:02 pm »
DMT is pretty radical stuff and i'm trying it extensively and its pretty enhancing, you see different perspectives and realities which broadens the mind.

Probably sounding like a huge darn Hippie, DMT is very prevalent in almost every living nature on Earth and Egyptians did use it very much (they even figured out DMT is produced by the pineal gland).

DMT: the spirit molecule is a good documentary on this subject, also Joe Rogan and Graham Hancock are cool personalities who champion Psychedelics in general.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 06:33:40 pm »
The effects of this drug sound extremely like lucid dreaming, though, I can't stop to wonder, there must be downsides to this drug, obviously: Apart from psygological issues, I mean.

Offline Brock

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:35:58 pm »
Nice Augy.  :)

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 06:45:05 pm »
The effects of this drug sound extremely like lucid dreaming, though, I can't stop to wonder, there must be downsides to this drug, obviously: Apart from psygological issues, I mean.

The chemical compound is very very similar to serotonin so it has no negative effects on your brain.

The only downsides to DMT: Trip is short, rare, and expensive
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 02:52:02 pm »

The chemical compound is very very similar to serotonin so it has no negative effects on your brain.

The only downsides to DMT: Trip is short, rare, and expensive

So, unhealthy in an economical way =D

Must be tried sometome then. interesting seeing such a strong drug not being dangerous, and with psygological downsides I was vaguely thinking about Inception, though that soudns kinda stupid, I or one wouldn't be surprised if people actually get the same problem.