Author Topic: Career Thread  (Read 8658 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Career Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 10:59:44 pm »
So you're saying that a West-Point graduate on average earns 77k? I really hope that is not an army career.... I mean.... You can practically look up my salary when I get out of the academy... I tell you I won't ever make THAT sum after 5 years....
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 11:10:18 pm »
I've read British officers are paid around 30k on commission which isn't so bad tbh. Crap that they're included in the government pay cap though.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 11:21:29 pm »
IT Network Engineer/Cisco ASA Engineer

A career in IT is a very good place to go at the moment just because it pays well and you can take on apprenticeships for a year that pay enough that will take you into a full placement.

I did a level 3 earning 11k that year then moved into a full position for 27k.

(UK perspective obviously)
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 08:51:51 am »
Studying Political Sciences, History, and Economics and still don't quite know what I want to do. I'm quite passionate about politics but everyone around me has been putting me down and telling me how there's no money in that field. I don't have a desire to earn the largest amount of money possible rather to make this world a better place for the societies that I am part of. So I basically have no idea what i'm doing.

There's no money in the military, people still go there
I second that - i earn probably around 400-420 dollars per month on service in my country - still i love my job.

Which is still quite good, considering that the average Kiev wage is around 200-400 $ a month. It is not great, but it is quite good for ukrainian standards.

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 11:35:28 pm »
Was trying to be a militair, didnt get accepted due to my injury, now im currently studying as a hiphop dancer (Yes thats a education in the netherlands). Also do singing next to it, trying to be a singer in the future. (No rap tho)

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 11:51:37 am »
Was trying to be a militair, didnt get accepted due to my injury, now im currently studying as a hiphop dancer (Yes thats a education in the netherlands). Also do singing next to it, trying to be a singer in the future. (No rap tho)
You're 17 please stop lying.

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 01:30:32 pm »
i had a ripped knee muscle due to soccer, some idiot tackled me with 2 legs in to my knee when i was 15 years old, couldnt use my leg for a year long. thats why i only played PC games, because thats all i could do.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 01:35:03 pm »
"I can't join the military because of my leg injury, I will dance the pain away for the rest of my life..."

Abit Ironic

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 01:42:33 pm »
i had a ripped knee muscle due to soccer, some idiot tackled me with 2 legs in to my knee when i was 15 years old, couldnt use my leg for a year long. thats why i only played PC games, because thats all i could do.
I meant, how are you getting accepted into the military at 17?Learn ta read nab.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2017, 01:44:33 pm »
I meant, how are you getting accepted into the military at 17?Learn ta read nab.
Tbf you can join the military at 16 in the UK.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2017, 01:49:45 pm »
Tbf you can join the military at 16 in the UK.
nani kore

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2017, 01:52:23 pm »
If your are younger then 17 you can join the militairy school, thats what i wanted but i did not get accepted, right now 2 years after my injury my pain is less then before, because of all the medical care, right now i dont have much pain and i can just dance normally.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2017, 02:18:57 pm »
"I can't join the military because of my leg injury, I will dance the pain away for the rest of my life..."

Abit Ironic

You can apply for the military at 16.5 in the NL and start basic training at 17.

As for his knee, there might not practically be anything wrong with his knee, meaning e can probably dance just fine. THe military won't accept him because the chance of him getting injured are too high, meaning there is a chacne he'll drop out, which is too high fo their liking.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Krowbar

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofil
  • Nick: Brechstange
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 09:40:56 am »
I used to be in the military too. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2017, 07:44:45 pm »
I used to be in the military too. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

Please don't let this be the last ever post in this thread