Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 107909 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #780 on: December 26, 2019, 06:47:17 pm »
best part of rise of skywalker was babu frik

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #781 on: December 27, 2019, 08:51:00 pm »

Babu Frik was great lol

Also, DARTH REVAN IS NOW CANON!!!

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #782 on: December 27, 2019, 09:57:13 pm »

fun voice, I liked Babu frik parts

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #783 on: December 28, 2019, 12:25:12 am »

He sounds like a russian  ;D

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 28, 2019, 01:00:56 am »

He sounds like a russian  ;D
heheyyy

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #785 on: December 28, 2019, 01:15:20 am »
Rogue one was the only good movie Disney did.
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #786 on: December 28, 2019, 02:02:44 am »
Rogue one was the only good movie Disney did.
i enjoyed rouge one but it was forgettable and didn’t really add that much
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #787 on: December 28, 2019, 11:53:38 am »

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 28, 2019, 08:00:26 pm »
Marks looks like babu frik

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 01, 2020, 12:46:38 pm »
Marks looks like babu frik

He looks like my penis

Skaen

« Reply #790 on: January 01, 2020, 08:07:19 pm »
I don’t accept the new trilogy to be cannon as I think the movies are a shitstain in the saga. Mandalorian is the only good thing Disney has done with Star Wars in my opinion. TFA was alright but I am very sad in which direction they went. Also fuck Kathleen Kennedy.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #791 on: January 01, 2020, 09:01:52 pm »

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 02, 2020, 02:03:49 am »
Star wars is for kids. You're not their target audience. 7-13 year olds probably liked the sequels.

I think the reason Mandalorian is being widely accepted as "okay" is because it's target audience is older, I guess what 20+ year olds?

Easy rule of thumb, if it's got a wide toy line you're too old for it.

Skaen

« Reply #793 on: January 02, 2020, 12:27:59 pm »
My apologies, but I have to disagree with that. It is true that a lot of kids watch it, but I know a lot of older adults love Star Wars too. My father was 30 when he began to watch it. Just because Disney is now the owner of rights doesn’t mean it’s not for older people anymore. That being said, Star Wars should have never been sold to Disney, but oh well.

Offline Alator

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [v75]Alator
« Reply #794 on: January 02, 2020, 02:19:25 pm »
My biggest problem with this movie is that they took absolutely no risks whatsoever.

Spoiler
Chewy dead killed by Rey making her contemplate her powers and if she really is destined to be evil? Nah he was on a different ship. C3PO losing his memory and having all the build up to that moment? Nah 20 minutes later he gets it all restored. Woah the emperors lightning takes down the entire rebel fleet? Nah he stops and every ship recovers and destroys a fleet of thousands of star destroyers. Ben Solo thrown down a shaft like his grandpa did to the emperor? Nah he’s back to revive Rey. Rey dies in the ultimate sacrifice and ends the Palpatine line (potentially)? Nah the last Skywalker comes and gives his life so she could live. A power Anakin turned evil to learn and Ben does it outta nowhere.

This movie would have been way better if Rey ended up dying and Ben Solo being the last Skywalker. He could have gone into exile to Tatooine or repayed his debt to society by training the next generation of Jedi, but no of course they don’t have the balls to do that. The ending was so rushed. Didn’t get to enjoy any moment. Palpatine died like a fucking bitch and there was no epic fight. Anakin should have been a part of defeating Palpatine not just his words of encouragement. Wasted opportunities left and right for this movie. 
[close]
I agree, predictable af all the way through, it's like the director of this movie has 0 balls to make any impacting decisions
dogshit ass movie. dogshit trilogy.
All of the actors are kinda shit but Adam Driver, all of the characters are mostly not likeable, and a lot of the movie just doesn't make sense/doesn't have explanation.
Spoiler
Why tf is her lightsaber yellow at the end of the movie? That shit was dumb as hell.
[close]

Well now we know you're not a real star wars fan Wind... Lightsabers come in just about every color of the rainbow. Mace Windu's was purple. And several other Jedi had different colored sabers. For example, Jedi Master Plo Koon used an orange saber.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

And any movie can be picked apart from a critical standpoint. But the movie was enjoyable to a majority of fans and viewers, myself included. The movie certainly isn't perfect and few movies ever are. But it is still a good Star Wars movie. And did the best it could with what it had after TLJ. If you didn't like it that's fine, but to go around saying its DOGSHIT is just complete BULLSHIT. TLJ was DOGSHIT. This doesn't even come close to that level of trash. And I'm not sure why everyone wants to act like a fucking movie critic nowadays. Just watch the movie and enjoy it or don't. Don't try and act like you are some master of film and the theatrical arts.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Bruh I know people have different coloured lightsabers lmao you don't need to show me 3 pictures of people using coloured lightsabers. Usually there are reasons as to why certain characters have certain coloured lightsabers.. in Rey's case it seems more just like "hurrr durr yellow iz different and COOL and she the main character so yanno here you go, you're special!" rather than you know maybe explaining why or how she has a yellow lightsaber to begin with. It seems random/pandering as fuck.
[close]

I'm pretty sure most people aren't fans of the new movie and actually just the trilogy in general, as you can see from the posts on this thread. Though this is also anecdotal, everyone I know said the movie was meh/shit. This whole trilogy was a disgrace to film/Star Wars and IT IS DOGSHIT. D O G S H I T. Disney fucked up, when do they not? Even Mark Hamill can't say anything good about the movies. You honestly must be braindead if you enjoyed the first two movies to any extent. I'll give this one some credit, it wasn't as bad as the other two, but it certainly still is bad. But yeah, I'm allowed to say the movie is dogshit because that's my opinion, I'm also allowed to say why I think it is a dogshit movie because that is also my opinion. But yeah I'll make sure to not say why I didn't like it next time so I don't get your panties in a twist... To me though the only redeemable thing about this trilogy to me is Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, badass character with a decent arc.

I was implying you are not a real fan because you didn't know they had other color sabers. And the fact that you just watched this whole trilogy within the past week, not because you disliked this movie. Also, we aren't talking about the first 2 movies in this trilogy we are talking about THIS movie so not sure what that has to do with anything. And you said yourself this one was better than the first two.

And I have spoken to at least 20 different people that all said they liked the movie despite its obvious flaws. And to say most people didn't like this movie is complete bullshit considering actual stats prove otherwise.

Out of 40,000 viewers, 86% liked the movie. And that number will only grow.

And apparently a vast majority of viewers and CRITICS disagree with you about the trilogy.

Note that critics loved The Last Jedi (91%). The audience hated it (43%).

https://www.quora.com/Ive-been-hearing-disturbing-rumors-about-how-Rotten-Tomatoes-has-been-manipulating-its-numbers-in-favor-of-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-Is-it-true-if-so-can-you-present-evidence-of-that

Just saying, Disney who by extension owns that website has been manipulating numbers. That 86% is the same now with 77,000 verified reviews as it was with little over 6,000, which is more or less statistically impossible.

The majority of more passionate fans seem to dislike the new trilogy, most who like them seems like the more casual viewers. The people defending the movies online in discussions at least are a small miniority, and videos criticising the movies have garnered millions of views and usually overwhelming like to dislike ratios.