Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 108343 times)

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #750 on: December 22, 2019, 05:22:39 pm »

Spoiler

-finn never told rey nor poe what he wanted to say the entire movie

[close]

Spoiler
It's confirmed that he wanted to tell Rey he was force sensitive. Too bad we'll never see the outcome of that 
[close]

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #751 on: December 22, 2019, 06:04:35 pm »
hope the last « a star wars story » will be on kenobi, we need something good like rogue one, to hide this failed trilogy

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #752 on: December 22, 2019, 06:06:26 pm »
I just watched the force awakens and the last jedi, dog shit movies.. honestly not expecting anything narrative-wise for this third movie I'm boutta see.

They straight up just ripped off A New Hope and used the same story for Force Awakens??? I don't get it lmao
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 07:38:26 pm by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 22, 2019, 06:13:03 pm »
I just watched the force awakens and the last jedi, dog shit movies.. honestly not expecting narrative-wise for this third movie I'm boutta see.

They straight up just ripped off A New Hope and used the same story for Force Awakens??? I don't get it lmao
yeah it’s absolutely that, then I put Solo asws up of this trilogy

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #754 on: December 22, 2019, 07:24:06 pm »
Do you all think a Clone Wars style animated series set in the new trilogy would help make the story better? I was asking my friends this as I would argue that TCW animated series really helped give a lot of characters interesting arcs that we didn't see in the films.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 22, 2019, 07:35:18 pm »
Do you all think a Clone Wars style animated series set in the new trilogy would help make the story better? I was asking my friends this as I would argue that TCW animated series really helped give a lot of characters interesting arcs that we didn't see in the films.
good idea but the prequels were more interesting than the new trilogy universe in my opinion

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #756 on: December 22, 2019, 09:15:08 pm »
Next trilogy will be Bane or something Old Republic related. And will likely have a Mandalorian/Solo/Rogue One type of style and theme. And as for Kenobi, it will be a live-action show like Mando on Disney+ featuring Ewan McGregor reprising his role as Obi-Wan.

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 22, 2019, 10:09:39 pm »
I would love it.

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #758 on: December 23, 2019, 02:43:13 am »
Next trilogy will be Bane or something Old Republic related. And will likely have a Mandalorian/Solo/Rogue One type of style and theme. And as for Kenobi, it will be a live-action show like Mando on Disney+ featuring Ewan McGregor reprising his role as Obi-Wan.
so what im hearing is that a vette trilogy is possible

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #759 on: December 23, 2019, 02:37:36 pm »
My biggest problem with this movie is that they took absolutely no risks whatsoever.

Spoiler
Chewy dead killed by Rey making her contemplate her powers and if she really is destined to be evil? Nah he was on a different ship. C3PO losing his memory and having all the build up to that moment? Nah 20 minutes later he gets it all restored. Woah the emperors lightning takes down the entire rebel fleet? Nah he stops and every ship recovers and destroys a fleet of thousands of star destroyers. Ben Solo thrown down a shaft like his grandpa did to the emperor? Nah he’s back to revive Rey. Rey dies in the ultimate sacrifice and ends the Palpatine line (potentially)? Nah the last Skywalker comes and gives his life so she could live. A power Anakin turned evil to learn and Ben does it outta nowhere.

This movie would have been way better if Rey ended up dying and Ben Solo being the last Skywalker. He could have gone into exile to Tatooine or repayed his debt to society by training the next generation of Jedi, but no of course they don’t have the balls to do that. The ending was so rushed. Didn’t get to enjoy any moment. Palpatine died like a fucking bitch and there was no epic fight. Anakin should have been a part of defeating Palpatine not just his words of encouragement. Wasted opportunities left and right for this movie. 
[close]
I agree, predictable af all the way through, it's like the director of this movie has 0 balls to make any impacting decisions
dogshit ass movie. dogshit trilogy.
All of the actors are kinda shit but Adam Driver, all of the characters are mostly not likeable, and a lot of the movie just doesn't make sense/doesn't have explanation.
Spoiler
Why tf is her lightsaber yellow at the end of the movie? That shit was dumb as hell.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:50:52 pm by Windflower »

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #760 on: December 23, 2019, 09:46:35 pm »
My biggest problem with this movie is that they took absolutely no risks whatsoever.

Spoiler
Chewy dead killed by Rey making her contemplate her powers and if she really is destined to be evil? Nah he was on a different ship. C3PO losing his memory and having all the build up to that moment? Nah 20 minutes later he gets it all restored. Woah the emperors lightning takes down the entire rebel fleet? Nah he stops and every ship recovers and destroys a fleet of thousands of star destroyers. Ben Solo thrown down a shaft like his grandpa did to the emperor? Nah he’s back to revive Rey. Rey dies in the ultimate sacrifice and ends the Palpatine line (potentially)? Nah the last Skywalker comes and gives his life so she could live. A power Anakin turned evil to learn and Ben does it outta nowhere.

This movie would have been way better if Rey ended up dying and Ben Solo being the last Skywalker. He could have gone into exile to Tatooine or repayed his debt to society by training the next generation of Jedi, but no of course they don’t have the balls to do that. The ending was so rushed. Didn’t get to enjoy any moment. Palpatine died like a fucking bitch and there was no epic fight. Anakin should have been a part of defeating Palpatine not just his words of encouragement. Wasted opportunities left and right for this movie. 
[close]
I agree, predictable af all the way through, it's like the director of this movie has 0 balls to make any impacting decisions
All of the actors are kinda shit but Adam Driver, all of the characters are mostly not likeable, and a lot of the movie just doesn't make sense/doesn't have explanation.
Spoiler
Why tf is her lightsaber yellow at the end of the movie? That shit was dumb as hell.
[close]

Well now we know you're not a real star wars fan Wind... Lightsabers come in just about every color of the rainbow. Mace Windu's was purple. And several other Jedi had different colored sabers. For example, Jedi Master Plo Koon used an orange saber.

And any movie can be picked apart from a critical standpoint. But the movie was enjoyable to a majority of fans and viewers, myself included. The movie certainly isn't perfect and few movies ever are. But it is still a good Star Wars movie. And did the best it could with what it had after TLJ. If you didn't like it that's fine, but to go around saying its DOGSHIT is just complete BULLSHIT. TLJ was DOGSHIT. This doesn't even come close to that level of trash. And I'm not sure why everyone wants to act like a fucking movie critic nowadays. Just watch the movie and enjoy it or don't. Don't try and act like you are some master of film and the theatrical arts.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:04:42 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #761 on: December 23, 2019, 10:59:19 pm »

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Well now we know you're not a real star wars fan Wind... Lightsabers come in just about every color of the rainbow. Mace Windu's was purple. And several other Jedi had different colored sabers. For example, Jedi Master Plo Koon used an orange saber.

And any movie can be picked apart from a critical standpoint. But the movie was enjoyable to a majority of fans and viewers, myself included. The movie certainly isn't perfect and few movies ever are. But it is still a good Star Wars movie. And did the best it could with what it had after TLJ. If you didn't like it that's fine, but to go around saying its DOGSHIT is just complete BULLSHIT. TLJ was DOGSHIT. This doesn't even come close to that level of trash. And I'm not sure why everyone wants to act like a fucking movie critic nowadays. Just watch the movie and enjoy it or don't. Don't try and act like you are some master of film and the theatrical arts.

Spoiler
Yeah, Ahsoka and the Temple Guards used yellow lightsabers. To be honest I expected a double bladed one instead, it would have fit her staff wielding in the previous films. Also I wouldn't use Plo Koon as an example, his saber turned blue sometime after ROTS and was declared non canon, and the photo you used are mostly colors from KOTOR 2 (which isn't canon either). Fallen Order seems to be the first actual appearance of new colors since Legends became a thing.
[close]

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 24, 2019, 12:49:04 am »
didn't plo use a yellow/orange lightsaber in jedi power battles.  i dont remember if mace used his purple or a blue one in that.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #763 on: December 24, 2019, 02:06:47 am »

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Bruh I know people have different coloured lightsabers lmao you don't need to show me 3 pictures of people using coloured lightsabers. Usually there are reasons as to why certain characters have certain coloured lightsabers.. in Rey's case it seems more just like "hurrr durr yellow iz different and COOL and she the main character so yanno here you go, you're special!" rather than you know maybe explaining why or how she has a yellow lightsaber to begin with. It seems random/pandering as fuck.
[close]

I'm pretty sure most people aren't fans of the new movie and actually just the trilogy in general, as you can see from the posts on this thread. Though this is also anecdotal, everyone I know said the movie was meh/shit. This whole trilogy was a disgrace to film/Star Wars and IT IS DOGSHIT. D O G S H I T. Disney fucked up, when do they not? Even Mark Hamill can't say anything good about the movies. You honestly must be braindead if you enjoyed the first two movies to any extent. I'll give this one some credit, it wasn't as bad as the other two, but it certainly still is bad. But yeah, I'm allowed to say the movie is dogshit because that's my opinion, I'm also allowed to say why I think it is a dogshit movie because that is also my opinion. But yeah I'll make sure to not say why I didn't like it next time so I don't get your panties in a twist... To me though the only redeemable thing about this trilogy to me is Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, badass character with a decent arc.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #764 on: December 24, 2019, 02:22:32 am »
Kylo rens arc was ruined with that awful ending
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time