Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 107938 times)

Offline WaterPolo

• Private
  • www.nwrp.eu
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #720 on: September 11, 2019, 04:24:46 pm »
This is the most active thread on fse 8)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #721 on: September 11, 2019, 04:43:53 pm »
Disney is just too fucking soft most of the time. I mean seriously, do you guys remember the later seasons of the Clone Wars when it aired? That shit was BRUTAL. Political intrigue, graphic murder, the physiological affects of war on men bred specifically for it, this was by no means a kid show. It was capable of actually showcasing the vastness of the Star Wars galaxy, as well as exploring mature themes, to a bunch of middle schoolers hooked on tech. 10 year old me didn’t know what to make of it initially.

Rebels (for the most part) makes me want to cringe and Resistance is a joke. They completely lack that dark edge which made their predecessors so good to watch. The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan probably won’t be much different.

Gritty, fully fledged Star Wars might not even ever make a comeback unless Disney decides to take a big gamble. Of course, with merchandise being their biggest money maker, you can bet that their target audience will be children for a long time.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #722 on: September 11, 2019, 11:42:16 pm »
Disney is just too fucking soft most of the time. I mean seriously, do you guys remember the later seasons of the Clone Wars when it aired? That shit was BRUTAL. Political intrigue, graphic murder, the physiological affects of war on men bred specifically for it, this was by no means a kid show. It was capable of actually showcasing the vastness of the Star Wars galaxy, as well as exploring mature themes, to a bunch of middle schoolers hooked on tech. 10 year old me didn’t know what to make of it initially.

Rebels (for the most part) makes me want to cringe and Resistance is a joke. They completely lack that dark edge which made their predecessors so good to watch. The Mandalorian and Obi-Wan probably won’t be much different.

Gritty, fully fledged Star Wars might not even ever make a comeback unless Disney decides to take a big gamble. Of course, with merchandise being their biggest money maker, you can bet that their target audience will be children for a long time.

Bruh in the trailer for the Mandalorian a dude gets cut in half by a door lmao. Also the guy that made the Clone Wars is an executive producer and will direct an episode. I assume since it is a show on their streaming platform that it will be a step above the movies in terms of gritty-ness and being dark. All I need to see is some good acting and some gunslinging western vibes and I’m all for it.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #723 on: December 19, 2019, 07:03:55 pm »
Judging by the reviews, I'm not too sure if I want to watch IX in theatre.

I mean seriously, The Old Republic cinematics told better stories than this garbage.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:16:01 pm by Sgt.Winters »

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #724 on: December 19, 2019, 07:16:32 pm »
At least the Mandalorian is a good, fun show to watch.

at least we have that.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #725 on: December 19, 2019, 08:06:39 pm »
Judging by the reviews, I'm not too sure if I want to watch IX in theatre.

I mean seriously, The Old Republic cinematics told better stories than this garbage.
My friends and I are torn: We hate Disney and the new trilogy, but we also don't want to get it spoiled as we know they will be everywhere.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #726 on: December 19, 2019, 09:39:47 pm »
I am going to see it tonight at midnight. Can't wait. And I have a feeling it is going to be pretty good. Especially since the critics are saying it is bad. My logic is that I hated TLJ and the critics loved it, now the critics hate Rise Of Skywalker so I will probably love it.

I've also heard its made for Star Wars fans. And at this point, all I want is proper fan service to end this saga. I believe JJ will deliver.

Either way, if you're not poor and you're slightly interested, then go see it in theaters. This is the LAST Skywalker movie that will probably ever come out. And as fans that have loved this shit since childhood, we should see it through. For better or for worse.

I'll let you know how I feel about it after I see it tonight, with no spoilers!

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #727 on: December 20, 2019, 01:14:20 am »
Disney killed Star Wars.

Offline ZeroNight

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 20, 2019, 01:29:08 am »
what a surprise
Leo1032: Immer diese Menschen
Habe ich eigentlich schon mal erwähnt das es nichts gibt was retardeter ist als deutsche Regimenter in diesem Spiel - Link2luke 2k16
I'm 6'4 and play Tennis 4 times a week. Also have been doing a lot of MMA (about 5 times a week) and a bit of kickboxing for years. From time to time (twice a week) I go to the gym, more often during vacation. So add me or get kicked, u weak bastard.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 20, 2019, 03:51:15 am »
Alright I just saw the movie. Honestly it was very enjoyable for the most part. Had some nice emotional scenes too. I’d even go as far to say it was at a pace where I’d have given it a 9/10 if it followed through. But most of the last 30 minutes of that movie were awful IMO. Had some really awesome moments tho I have to say. I really didn’t like the ending at all.

7/10 maybe 7.5/10

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #730 on: December 20, 2019, 05:16:54 am »
Alright I just saw the movie. Honestly it was very enjoyable for the most part. Had some nice emotional scenes too. I’d even go as far to say it was at a pace where I’d have given it a 9/10 if it followed through. But most of the last 30 minutes of that movie were awful IMO. Had some really awesome moments tho I have to say. I really didn’t like the ending at all.

7/10 maybe 7.5/10
But the ending is the part that matters lmao

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 20, 2019, 07:26:08 am »

7/10 maybe 7.5/10
But the ending is the part that matters lmao

It is the part that matters the most. A lot of the movie was very good though and I think it deserves some credit. The pacing was just rushed through what I felt was the most important part of the movie. I’ll go into more detail later when other people have seen it. I won’t be able to sleep tonight from the disappointment I feel with that ending.

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #732 on: December 20, 2019, 07:57:22 am »
Spoiler
im just happy I got to hear Ashley eckstein (ahsoka) and Jennifer hale (aayla) :)
also it was never explained how Palpatine survived and nice job completely negating anakins sacrifice, very cool!
AND FUCKING RIP SNAP WEXLEY LITERALLY THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER TO COME FROM THIS SHITSHOW OF A NEW TRILOGY
he was the main character of the books and they just killed him off like no big deal not salty at all I swear!!
4/10 only for ahsoka and aayla, two redeeming parts. I did like Luke’s force ghost scene though
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #733 on: December 20, 2019, 09:55:15 am »
I really enjoyed the movie. It definitely redeemed the failure that was TLJ. The ending was good imo, however it could have been better with a few changes. But i feel they had to rush it due to having to fix so many of the problems that TLJ created. Really the only problems that the movie had were because they had to do so much to try and repair the damages caused by TLJ. But overall I would rate it a solid 8/10. This movie was so much better then TLJ and i think it was even better than Force Awakens. I loved all the new characters and loved that they cut out all the b.s that The Last Jedi tried to introduce. The story feels complete now and I am satisfied with the ending even if they missed some good opportunities. It isn't perfect but it hits the mark for me.

I would love to have a deeper discussion but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. If you like star wars you really need to see it. It is certainly worth it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:13:50 am by Marceaux »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #734 on: December 20, 2019, 04:51:05 pm »
Spoiler
im just happy I got to hear Ashley eckstein (ahsoka) and Jennifer hale (aayla) :)
also it was never explained how Palpatine survived and nice job completely negating anakins sacrifice, very cool!
AND FUCKING RIP SNAP WEXLEY LITERALLY THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTER TO COME FROM THIS SHITSHOW OF A NEW TRILOGY
he was the main character of the books and they just killed him off like no big deal not salty at all I swear!!
4/10 only for ahsoka and aayla, two redeeming parts. I did like Luke’s force ghost scene though
[close]
Spoiler
Really wanted to see Hayden Christenson's force ghost come back but alas, Disney would never make a good decision. Voice lines aren't enough
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]