Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 107816 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #345 on: January 30, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »
Did Galactic Empire have any regular troops before they adopted clones?
Wait. Stop. The Galactic Empire originally only used Jango Fett clones. They were accompanied by Human commanders as well as clone officers. After the advanced aging of the clones began to make the clones unfit for duty it was decided to integrate them with normal humans who were trained to have fanatical loyalty to the Emperor.
Yeah, but did the Empire have regular troops before they started to use clones?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #346 on: January 30, 2016, 07:03:46 pm »
Wait. Stop. The Galactic Empire originally only used Jango Fett clones. They were accompanied by Human commanders as well as clone officers. After the advanced aging of the clones began to make the clones unfit for duty it was decided to integrate them with normal humans who were trained to have fanatical loyalty to the Emperor.
Do you mean humans or non-humans?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 30, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »
Both

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #348 on: January 30, 2016, 09:29:02 pm »
Ok, so I watched the new Star Wars movie last weekend. And...
Spoiler
ANOTHER FUCKING DEATH STAR!??!?!?!
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 30, 2016, 10:00:00 pm »
We've been over this.

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
« Reply #350 on: January 30, 2016, 10:29:40 pm »
Both

Well the Galactic Empire was formed from the remains of the Galactic Republic, so the army at the time was the Grand Army of the Republic (clones), so I'm not sure what you mean by before they started to use clones.

If you're talking about the Republic before the Empire, then they had the Judicial branch of the government which served as the peace keepers of the Republic.

To find any kind of formal military that was not the clone army, you'd have to look at the Old Republic before the Galactic Republic of the movies.
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline Rikugun Taishō Ito

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Itosian
« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2016, 10:35:32 pm »
star wars ep 7 was poo
yooza bitch

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2016, 11:13:03 pm »
Both

Well the Galactic Empire was formed from the remains of the Galactic Republic, so the army at the time was the Grand Army of the Republic (clones), so I'm not sure what you mean by before they started to use clones.

If you're talking about the Republic before the Empire, then they had the Judicial branch of the government which served as the peace keepers of the Republic.

To find any kind of formal military that was not the clone army, you'd have to look at the Old Republic before the Galactic Republic of the movies.
ooops, sorry, I meant the Republic, not the Empire. Thanks for clearing me these things up

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2016, 11:16:21 pm »
Nothing could compare to a a Darth Bane trilogy. (The books are AMAZING!)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4zAyRrjwM[/youtube]

Offline Cubtheman

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Watermelon_Curb
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2016, 02:46:55 am »
If you haven't seen Episode 7. (Spoiler, Though com'on why haven't you seen the movie yet u skwub)

Anyways I have a question

Spoiler
How did Rey turn into a Jedi Master in a matter of seconds against Kylo Ren. It took Luke such a longer time, He had to train with Yoda and such... But noo Rey was instant in this movie. Can anyone explain how? :P
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2016, 03:02:23 am »
Yeah if you read my initial response to it, here on the forums, that is one of the main points I didn't understand and/or like about the movie.

Offline Rikugun Taishō Ito

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Itosian
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2016, 05:32:56 pm »
If you haven't seen Episode 7. (Spoiler, Though com'on why haven't you seen the movie yet u skwub)

Anyways I have a question

Spoiler
How did Rey turn into a Jedi Master in a matter of seconds against Kylo Ren. It took Luke such a longer time, He had to train with Yoda and such... But noo Rey was instant in this movie. Can anyone explain how? :P
[close]

its b/c they made a shitty movie thats y
yooza bitch

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2016, 05:43:46 pm »
That question has been answered to death 100000 times.

She did not "become a Jedi master" in a matter of seconds. She narrowly got the better of Ren who was rather severely injured (via Chewie's bowcaster) and was going through a colossal internal crisis (killing your father trying to purge the light and let the dark side take over does that I guess).

Also, she already has experience fighting with that staff of hers so its not too far of a stretch to believe some of that skill would translate to lightsaber proficiency.
Why am I still here

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2016, 07:10:47 pm »
Spoiler
Kylo was apparently at the level of a Jedi Padawan because he only ever killed the kids at the academy and never fought force sensitives after that. This combined with the bowcaster injury, natural edgyness and ego, and Rey's ability to channel the force with her Mary Sue powers all meant he was going to get dunked on./s
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2016, 07:19:52 pm »
Spoiler
Kylo was apparently at the level of a Jedi Padawan because he only ever killed the kids at the academy and never fought force sensitives after that. This combined with the bowcaster injury, natural edgyness and ego, and Rey's ability to channel the force with her Mary Sue powers all meant he was going to get dunked on./s
[close]

Also keep in mind each Jedi or force sensitive person can be gifted with different powers/abilities take a look at The Old Republic for example.