Author Topic: Napoleonic Designs - Headers, Signatures, Threads & Icons  (Read 107627 times)

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Garrel's Graphics - Headers & Signatures |Requests Soon!|
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2016, 03:36:17 am »
Signature Title/Text: 19te Prussian Infantry Leutnant GunMan1942
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/gunman1942/
Images to use (Preferably put links): https://loppen.com/19te/19te_bird.png
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f4/47/ae/f447ae4c596090c6ec6c4aa7ef220d5f.jpg
Any example layout that I can base it off?: Whatever you think will look best.
Type of Signature (Regiment/Clan/Personal): Personal/Regiment
As I'm not doing requests at the moment, I'll set this request aside as a private request.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2016, 04:22:47 am »
Requests for both signatures and headers will be open as of 30th December! :D

Note: Please don't spam requests, give me a chance to get through them first. :)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2016, 05:36:13 am »
ok dad

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2016, 06:04:02 pm »
I didn't know you were inspired by mine and Niphix's artwork Garrel :o

Mine and Niphix

[close]

Yours

[close]
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 08:40:33 pm »
So I did. :o ::)

AeroNinja

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2016, 10:05:56 pm »
Rival is right though. We work both very hard on our templates. My inspiration came from Magner. But we had endless conversations on Steam on how I could improve and he helped me. Hence my work does look a little bit like his. Not much though, as he's far more professional than me at graphics. But you could atleast ask. The 5th Northhumberland header with the battle Honors. I have made the same before but then with a Highlander and other text. The red bar with the white outline everything is the same.

When I made the 28th and disbanded it due to some conflicts you took every graphic without asking as same as with the 92nd. Its not hard to just ask for permissions sometimes. People who are not busy with graphics on forums wont understand because they dont know how much work we actually put into this even though we want to do it ourselves but still.

If you want to make headers and Signatures its ok to ask people first if you are allowed to their inspiration. And then make your whole own idea. Be creative and make something different. Its not easy. But it will pay off.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2016, 10:11:04 pm »
Rival is right though. We work both very hard on our templates. My inspiration came from Magner. But we had endless conversations on Steam on how I could improve and he helped me. Hence my work does look a little bit like his. Not much though, as he's far more professional than me at graphics. But you could atleast ask. The 5th Northhumberland header with the battle Honors. I have made the same before but then with a Highlander and other text. The red bar with the white outline everything is the same.

When I made the 28th and disbanded it due to some conflicts you took every graphic without asking as same as with the 92nd. Its not hard to just ask for permissions sometimes. People who are not busy with graphics on forums wont understand because they dont know how much work we actually put into this even though we want to do it ourselves but still.

If you want to make headers and Signatures its ok to ask people first if you are allowed to their inspiration. And then make your whole own idea. Be creative and make something different. Its not easy. But it will pay off.
I'll be replacing most of the headers and signatures with different templates that I've made up randomly. Just need to put more work into them and then they'll be ready to upload.

AeroNinja

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »
That's alright. Just make something different. Something people have not seen yet before. Its hard but not impossible.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2016, 10:14:07 pm »
That's alright. Just make something different. Something people have not seen yet before. Its hard but not impossible.
Indeed.

AeroNinja

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2016, 10:15:44 pm »
I really don't want to come over as an angry person. Just wanted to give some advice.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2016, 10:20:06 pm »
I really don't want to come over as an angry person. Just wanted to give some advice.
I understand.

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2016, 11:17:44 pm »
As Niphix pointed out, there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing headers/signatures for the community. In fact, we encourage it but I'm not going to accept your reasoning for what you did. You have made the mistake twice now. For the love of christ, use your common sense. You can base off a style and branch out into your own thing, but normally people like myself and Niphix, whenever we're looking at other peoples work, we'll take a part of it but completely develop a different thing. But instead, you have made a too good of a job to the example you based it off and its attracted a different kind of attention from Niphix and I because it looks very similar to ours or done the same way. Seriously, learn to do something differently :/

There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING stopping you from sending us a message or two about graphic ideas or how you should do things - not to say you really need it but a little hint of "Hey I was looking at your stuff...and I wanted to borrow it". WAIT for an answer as well instead of just ignoring it or hiding behind the excuse of "I was just using yours as an example at the time and I will change it now". That excuse doesn't mean shit to me at least. I'm happy for anyone to use my work, provided that they either ask me first or it has my seal on it.

A little common courtesy goes a long way. Niphix may not be angry, but I'm more frustrated at it than he is.

Continue your work because you've displayed the ability and I hope to fucking hell that I don't have to give you shit again, ever. You're not even a bad guy, you just made a bad move that can be learned and forgotten. Remember what I said:

Good luck on your future works mate!

Spoiler
Don't make the same mistake you made last time and you shouldn't have a problem.
[close]

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2016, 11:26:13 pm »
As Niphix pointed out, there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing headers/signatures for the community. In fact, we encourage it but I'm not going to accept your reasoning for what you did. You have made the mistake twice now. For the love of christ, use your common sense. You can base off a style and branch out into your own thing, but normally people like myself and Niphix, whenever we're looking at other peoples work, we'll take a part of it but completely develop a different thing. But instead, you have made a too good of a job to the example you based it off and its attracted a different kind of attention from Niphix and I because it looks very similar to ours or done the same way. Seriously, learn to do something differently :/

There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING stopping you from sending us a message or two about graphic ideas or how you should do things - not to say you really need it but a little hint of "Hey I was looking at your stuff...and I wanted to borrow it". WAIT for an answer as well instead of just ignoring it or hiding behind the excuse of "I was just using yours as an example at the time and I will change it now". That excuse doesn't mean shit to me at least. I'm happy for anyone to use my work, provided that they either ask me first or it has my seal on it.

A little common courtesy goes a long way. Niphix may not be angry, but I'm more frustrated at it than he is.

Continue your work because you've displayed the ability and I hope to fucking hell that I don't have to give you shit again, ever. You're not even a bad guy, you just made a bad move that can be learned and forgotten. Remember what I said:

Good luck on your future works mate!

Spoiler
Don't make the same mistake you made last time and you shouldn't have a problem.
[close]
I'll keep it in mind! :)

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2016, 11:29:06 pm »
So whats the lesson learned?