Author Topic: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth  (Read 73947 times)

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »
I just have to say, I love that this server is full alot and another server is empty. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2016, 05:01:34 pm »
I just have to say, I love that this server is full alot and another server is empty. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, I think we all do ;p

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2016, 10:41:15 am »
I'll echo  tired's comments!

So glad that this server is doing well!! Are there any plans to up it from 75 to 100?
Keep up the great work, the maps are awesome, albeit a little confusing when it's my first time on them lol!!!
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2016, 11:55:35 pm »
I'll echo  tired's comments!

So glad that this server is doing well!! Are there any plans to up it from 75 to 100?
Keep up the great work, the maps are awesome, albeit a little confusing when it's my first time on them lol!!!

No, unfortunately 75 players + 140 bots is the same lag as having 145 players on server already, but glad that you like the server :)

Offline Dead Meat

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Gmr_DeadMeat
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2016, 01:19:02 pm »

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2016, 04:49:53 pm »
Three new maps have been added!

They have all been made by Mohawky_Rebirth and can be seen below:

Ruins Rumble
 Original by Blitz_Craig, modified by Mohawky

Russian Fort

The Mill

Offline cedric1709

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cedric
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2016, 04:59:53 pm »

Offline Buxton

• Second Lieutenant
  • The finest water in all NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Buxton
  • Side: Union
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2016, 09:45:57 pm »
Just wanted to drop by and say I love the server, and it's nice to see one not baring the 15th name :P Got banned for wearing 15th Hussars tags and wasn't allowed to be unbanned.

Anyway, I play alot on the server as a bot commander and there are a few things I would like to add that might actaully balance out the server a bit, as the defenders seem to win 90% of the time.

• Get rid of Bot Musicians - Whilst the musicians are a nice touch to the bots, they do just take up space for fighting bots, possibly get rid?
  • Get rid of the class limit for the attackers - One of the most annoying things about playing as a commander is constantly getting sniped, to help ease this, is to play as the same class as your bots, however if one person is already doing that, the rest of the team can't. If this could be changed that would be fantastic, as being sniped does make being a commander almost unplayable.
  • Reduce the defenders lives - Whilst I profess that I do play a lot of the time as a commander, when I have played as a defender I have never or very rarely run out of lives I think 9 is a bit too much. As I have found you can just YOLO into the bots and still have enough lives to last until the end.

That all said I really do like the server, and hopefully have a 33rd Siege Rebirth at some point? ;D
22:20 - Clausewitz: TIME TO GET OFF OF YOUR ASS
22:20 - Clausewitz: AND WORK
22:20 - Clausewitz: TWERK

Also follow my blog :3

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2016, 02:11:23 pm »
Just wanted to drop by and say I love the server, and it's nice to see one not baring the 15th name :P Got banned for wearing 15th Hussars tags and wasn't allowed to be unbanned.

Anyway, I play alot on the server as a bot commander and there are a few things I would like to add that might actaully balance out the server a bit, as the defenders seem to win 90% of the time.

• Get rid of Bot Musicians - Whilst the musicians are a nice touch to the bots, they do just take up space for fighting bots, possibly get rid?
  • Get rid of the class limit for the attackers - One of the most annoying things about playing as a commander is constantly getting sniped, to help ease this, is to play as the same class as your bots, however if one person is already doing that, the rest of the team can't. If this could be changed that would be fantastic, as being sniped does make being a commander almost unplayable.
  • Reduce the defenders lives - Whilst I profess that I do play a lot of the time as a commander, when I have played as a defender I have never or very rarely run out of lives I think 9 is a bit too much. As I have found you can just YOLO into the bots and still have enough lives to last until the end.

That all said I really do like the server, and hopefully have a 33rd Siege Rebirth at some point? ;D

Hey! thanks for the constructive criticism. Yes the server is tipped in the defenders favor - simply because thats where 90% of the players are. Ensuring they enjoy the game is important and UNFORTUNATELY the majority of them only want a challenge if they still win. We have tried 7 lives for defenders, harder beserkers, teamhitting on, all caused many complaints and people to ragequit when they lost or ran out of lives too early.

As much as i too want a challenging server, it ultimately has to be one the majority enjoy playing to remain successful.

The issue with bot commanders having a limit on the foot guard class too is something that will probably be looked at in the future, but for the time being the limit is to prevent the entire defender team from having 1 grenade each and isn't a current priority. (But as I said, something that wont be forgotten).

The 33rd helps to support minisiege with running costs which is partially why 33rd_NW_Siege remains down - however we are starting a new 33rd Monday siege event using those old maps, which can be found here: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=31907.0
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:19:54 pm by Spoons »

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2016, 02:12:47 pm »
Don't forget to join our public steam group!

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/MvB-NW#

Many of you will have noticed the new scripts being tested over the last week on the server.

These were not announced properly or fully explained as they were new, being tested and subject to change. After some tweaking they are roughly well balanced, however may have small alterations in the future!

These new scripts were created by Grozni, specifically:

--------------------------------------------------------
Bot musicians - some bots will now be seen playing music with flutes, trumpets, drums etc - they do not give bonuses to the bots and are purely asthetic.

Bot flag bearers - similar to the above, these are asthetic and do not give bonuses. Why have them at all? because they look cool :D

Bot beserkers - Because we suddenly have 2 new types of bots that do not attack, without increasing bot numbers this needed to be balanced which is where beserkers come in. They run faster than players and take 4 times reduced damage making them trickier to kill, you can spot them as they will be the officer class amoungst the bot horde.

Frag Grenades - Each player who chooses the foot guard class will spawn with a frag grenade. It looks like a bottle, but has a much bigger bang ^^ because of this the foot guard class is now limited to 25% of the team. This also means that a bot commander can grab one too ;p

-----------------------------------------------------------

Finally the bot commander limit thresholds have been altered this past week in an attempt to further balance the server at lower player numbers.

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2016, 02:27:29 pm »
I have to say, I came back a bit on public servers lately and I enjoyed a lot yours. Really nice improvements compared to a normal Man vs Bots server. And memories from the old 33rd siege  ;) #ripst3fan

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2016, 02:40:33 pm »
I have to say, I came back a bit on public servers lately and I enjoyed a lot yours. Really nice improvements compared to a normal Man vs Bots server. And memories from the old 33rd siege  ;) #ripst3fan

Thanks :) We have a great bunch of admins and people who enjoy playing on and improving the server with new maps and scripts.

St3fan is still alive, just less active ^^ stepping down to Cpt. last week - but yea RiP ;p

Offline QuBeZ

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired oldfag
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2016, 04:20:10 pm »
Bumpity bump  :-*

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2016, 12:19:32 pm »

#NeverRipSt3fan
#RipCarabinoThough :(

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2016, 12:30:08 pm »
Indeed, continue the great work ;)

#NeverRipSt3fan
#RipCarabinoThough :(

#wow
#noripwhy