Author Topic: *NEW* BOT_Takedown (Need populators, map makers, etc)  (Read 3246 times)

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SIR_PENIS
  • Side: Neutral
*NEW* BOT_Takedown (Need populators, map makers, etc)
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:37:55 am »
Hello All! SIR_PENIS here!
So, I just bought a server from PrivateServerHost for 3 months called Bot_Takedown
I just wanted to buy a server because I love this game and the server cost was very cheap (go check them out!)
Anyways, I came here to ask for help, as I just started this server today and I just took a chance to see if in three months, I can possibly get the server populated. I am reaching out to you guys to see if anyone is wanting to make maps/let me use their maps, populate the server, etc,etc.
Basically, if you help me out, I will let you have some say in the server as far as rules, settings, maps and gamemode goes. I just set it to Siege with bots as a default.
So if anyone wants to help me out, please let me know! I greatly appreciate it!
Also, no question is a dumb question. If you are looking for a server for your regiment/clan to call home, I am more than happy to do that as well. It is a two-way street here. You help me, I help you.
Any suggestions, please post them. Because, I honestly have no idea what I am doing. Thanks!

Offline Combatworthywombat

• Private
  • Real men fight with their hips, not their fists
    • View Profile
Re: *NEW* BOT_Takedown (Need populators, map makers, etc)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:08:46 am »
Ooh another siege server - wish you all the best but be careful xD
There are a couple of well established servers out there already however if you have good maps and good admins you'll do fine

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »
Ooh another siege server - wish you all the best but be careful xD
There are a couple of well established servers out there already however if you have good maps and good admins you'll do fine
Thanks. I hope it does well!

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »
Well good luck, but keep in mind. If you are doing an NA server, you will compete with BBG Bot Survival (and not win as they have been the Pillar of the NA side of the community since about July of last year and always get a 60-100 pop every night basically since then). And if its an EU server, well you are still competing with BBG, Rebirth and 15th HvB for the very limited amount of people playing bot servers nowadays.

Siege mode also is the worst overall mode in the game with far more bugs, one reason why BBG's way of doing a Bot Mode is very successful (along with their scripts + admins to deal with most thing). Unless you get a script to set a cap to the attackers then you'll be doing lots of Swaps to keep the balance and unless you also have a script to adjust the bots you'll be doing lots of number changes, depending on how you do everything.

But good luck  ;D
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 02:22:55 am »
Well good luck, but keep in mind. If you are doing an NA server, you will compete with BBG Bot Survival (and not win as they have been the Pillar of the NA side of the community since about July of last year and always get a 60-100 pop every night basically since then). And if its an EU server, well you are still competing with BBG, Rebirth and 15th HvB for the very limited amount of people playing bot servers nowadays.

Siege mode also is the worst overall mode in the game with far more bugs, one reason why BBG's way of doing a Bot Mode is very successful (along with their scripts + admins to deal with most thing). Unless you get a script to set a cap to the attackers then you'll be doing lots of Swaps to keep the balance and unless you also have a script to adjust the bots you'll be doing lots of number changes, depending on how you do everything.

But good luck  ;D
Hey Harvain, thanks for the advice! For now I am going to leave it to deathmatch until I have time to fiddle with the server, or if someone decides they would like to help out with the server. I do not have time (even though I would like to) to map makes and create bot pathways. This will probably be a waste of my money, but I just wanted to try it out. Seems like everyone is either hooked to one server or they are in a regiment.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 05:57:38 am »
I would suggest in the future should you host a server again, that you get a bunch of stuff taken care of before you start.  Ideally you will want some admins already selected, maps already done, and maybe some scripts in place.  maybe a few years ago when the game was more populated you would have more luck doing this on a spur of a moment.

but good luck nonetheless.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 07:56:13 pm »
I would suggest in the future should you host a server again, that you get a bunch of stuff taken care of before you start.  Ideally you will want some admins already selected, maps already done, and maybe some scripts in place.  maybe a few years ago when the game was more populated you would have more luck doing this on a spur of a moment.

but good luck nonetheless.
Thank you, sir

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:57:04 am »
Who wants a free server until December? lol

Offline Combatworthywombat

• Private
  • Real men fight with their hips, not their fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 02:53:48 pm »
I take it this didn't work then?
unlucky xD

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »
I take it this didn't work then?
unlucky xD
No, it didn't...

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 08:10:09 pm »
Tell you what Sir_Penis, I might be looking for a host for Bot survival for North and South soon, and if you want to donate your server and be admin, we can talk. It's not guaranteed because our scripter has been a bit afk for a bit. But it might be a possibility

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »
It's not guaranteed because our scripter has been a bit afk for a bit.
Such a lazy bitch.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 08:54:35 pm »
It's not guaranteed because our scripter has been a bit afk for a bit.
Such a lazy bitch.

Or actually starting real life

Offline FeatherSton3

• Private
  • Go big or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 09:12:34 pm »
Tell you what Sir_Penis, I might be looking for a host for Bot survival for North and South soon, and if you want to donate your server and be admin, we can talk. It's not guaranteed because our scripter has been a bit afk for a bit. But it might be a possibility
Sounds good. I'm open to it.