The Lounge > Historical Discussion

What would you have been?

(1/64) > >>

KillerMongoose:
Based on your own physical ability and mentality and other factors, what kind of unit from the Napoleonic Wars would you have been? Would you be a dashing Hussar? A massive, powerful grenadier? A wily light infantryman? Or maybe a calculating artillerist?

KillerMongoose:
Personally given my physical stature, thin but rather tall height and long reach, I'd most definitely be a light cavalryman, but I couldn't see myself as a hussar (though it's a dashing way to imagine myself) I'm just not naturally as cocky and wreckless as a hussar might be. I do like to take risks but I at least assess them before diving into them. There is a difference between taking calculated risks and wrecklessness. I think I would fit more as a lancer or something like a chasseur a cheval. Who knows, maybe I could have been a hussar, maybe the cockiness comes with the title heh. Were I more heavily muscled I could no doubt pass for a grenadier or a heavy cavalryman given my height.

Duuring:
I'm already tall enough to be a grenadier of the line... Dutch - Tallest people in the world. FTW.

But as I ride, I'd defiantly join up with the cavalry. Hussars would probably fit me - I'm not the bravest person ever, and much like KillerMongoose I think about taking risks... but whenever I'm in 'Screw all this'-mood...I really don't give a shit about anything anymore.  ::) Plus, I like scouting.

So, taking all this in consideration, my Napoleonic career would consist of:
- 2nd or 3rd Dutch Hussar regiment, Kingdom of Holland.
- 11e Hussards (From the 2nd regiment), service in Russia and then probably deserting somewhere in 1814, or the Red Lancers. Two squadrons of the 3rd regiment fought in Spain and they were lifted to Guard status just before the Dutch army became part of the French one. They became Red Lancers.
- IF I had survived all this, I'd sign up in the 6th Regiment of Hussars (or the 4th Regiment of Light dragoons) and do my duty for the new United Kingdom of the Netherlands. Or they might come for me. Conscription is a bitch.

I like to think I've made an officer, but well...Realistically, I think I might have hit corporal, maybe sergeant.

Connzcdf:
I'm pretty small. I am a bit fat. I am not quite up to scratch on brain power, even though I am quite methodical. I would be a Regimental Quarter Master. Or if fate had been good. A Wagon Master General.

Duuring:

--- Quote from: Connzcdf on January 06, 2013, 02:05:23 pm ---I'm pretty small. I am a bit fat. I am not quite up to scratch on brain power, even though I am quite methodical. I would be a Regimental Quarter Master. Or if fate had been good. A Wagon Master General.

--- End quote ---

a quartermaster would still be an officer (A lieutenant, I believe).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version