Author Topic: NA HoF Thread ♛  (Read 140953 times)

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA All-Time Thread ♛
« Reply #1245 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:05 pm »
Nick just doesn’t want to admit that the French Canadian is better than him

About 12 of nicks 18 tournament placings have been in 2017/2018. All 8 of your tournaments wins have also been in 2017/2018

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1246 on: March 10, 2019, 08:16:28 pm »
Time to respond to all this shit.

Yoshie
Okay Yoshie has been good for about 2 years but like I stated before and will again here; the comp. scene is very small compared to 2014 or 2016. NA doesn't have that many good players and it shows when it is the same group or people winning the tournaments nowadays. Yoshie has achieved a lot but look at the competition that has been around. Since 2017 it has been LG, 3eVolt, and then everyone else regiment wise. LG dominated the tournament scene in 2017 & a little of 2018 because there wasn't much competition besides a 3eVolt type team & Maccle's inactive team that still manage to finish top 3 in a bunch of tournaments. Why should I give someone a higher rating for doing well the last 2 years with not much competition compared to someone like Swerp for example who has proved it for years when the comp scene was bigger. Yoshie is good and all but I can't bump a guy much higher when he is doing good with barely any competition to challenge him.
[close]

MATT
MATT you know you are my GOAT but I can't add a guy to the All-Time list that has used multiple hacks. Maybe some people on the list use autoblock before (I have no clue) but it is hard to add a guy that posted on TKC asking for a shit tons of hacks & got good because of them. Also you have played for a year or so since you did take like a 5 month break so if I did add you it would probably be in the 82-80 range. I would also take into consideration the small comp scene point like I did with Yoshie.
[close]

Bean
I did add all those tournaments in the record book btw. In my opinion I think to be on a list you need to be recognized. The way to get recognized as a "good" player is to place top 3 in a tournament, get close to it multiple times to prove that you are top tier, or be one of the top impact players in a tier 1 regiment. One of the requirements I made to be on it was either place top 3 in a tournament or get so close to it a bunch of times (This most likely happens to people when the comp. scene was huge). I added the tournament criteria to being on the list because placing in a tournament does show people that you have proven yourself. Gooner & Windlife I was actually considering to put on the list (Gooner because of how good he was in the early days & Windlife because he proved himself in 2013 & 2018 like Havoc) but they haven't won much or proved it that much. In addition, Windlife didn't play in the comp scene enough to give him that recognition.
[close]

bias
I tried very hard to make this list as unbias as possible which I put about 2 weeks of work into this entire thread. The only thing I could see bias is me @85. If it was bias I would put Bill over AsianP since he has been asking me for months to do it. I did put Vetro on the list as a friend because he kept begging me to do it for weeks so I decided to do it to get him to stop annoying me. I didn't think Vetro has proven enough to be on it for various reasons which is why I never wanted him on it in the first place. I did try my very best to make the most accurate list that I could make. I didn't do what Ap0c did and base it on his eye test & just throw players and numbers around. I based it on a number of factors like how much they impacted the regiments they were in, how long did they sustain their top tier melee abilities, how many tournaments they won, and 2 or 3 other factors.
[close]
Still didn't address my 2nd place jousting tourney win REEE
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1247 on: March 10, 2019, 08:22:45 pm »

Yoshie
Okay Yoshie has been good for about 2 years but like I stated before and will again here; the comp. scene is very small compared to 2014 or 2016. NA doesn't have that many good players and it shows when it is the same group or people winning the tournaments nowadays. Yoshie has achieved a lot but look at the competition that has been around. Since 2017 it has been LG, 3eVolt, and then everyone else regiment wise. LG dominated the tournament scene in 2017 & a little of 2018 because there wasn't much competition besides a 3eVolt type team & Maccle's inactive team that still manage to finish top 3 in a bunch of tournaments. Why should I give someone a higher rating for doing well the last 2 years with not much competition compared to someone like Swerp for example who has proved it for years when the comp scene was bigger. Yoshie is good and all but I can't bump a guy much higher when he is doing good with barely any competition to challenge him.
[close]

MATT
MATT you know you are my GOAT but I can't add a guy to the All-Time list that has used multiple hacks. Maybe some people on the list use autoblock before (I have no clue) but it is hard to add a guy that posted on TKC asking for a shit tons of hacks & got good because of them. Also you have played for a year or so since you did take like a 5 month break so if I did add you it would probably be in the 82-80 range. I would also take into consideration the small comp scene point like I did with Yoshie.
[close]

Bean
I did add all those tournaments in the record book btw. In my opinion I think to be on a list you need to be recognized. The way to get recognized as a "good" player is to place top 3 in a tournament, get close to it multiple times to prove that you are top tier, or be one of the top impact players in a tier 1 regiment. One of the requirements I made to be on it was either place top 3 in a tournament or get so close to it a bunch of times (This most likely happens to people when the comp. scene was huge). I added the tournament criteria to being on the list because placing in a tournament does show people that you have proven yourself. Gooner & Windlife I was actually considering to put on the list (Gooner because of how good he was in the early days & Windlife because he proved himself in 2013 & 2018 like Havoc) but they haven't won much or proved it that much. In addition, Windlife didn't play in the comp scene enough to give him that recognition.
[close]

bias
I tried very hard to make this list as unbias as possible which I put about 2 weeks of work into this entire thread. The only thing I could see bias is me @85. If it was bias I would put Bill over AsianP since he has been asking me for months to do it. I did put Vetro on the list as a friend because he kept begging me to do it for weeks so I decided to do it to get him to stop annoying me. I didn't think Vetro has proven enough to be on it for various reasons which is why I never wanted him on it in the first place. I did try my very best to make the most accurate list that I could make. I didn't do what Ap0c did and base it on his eye test & just throw players and numbers around. I based it on a number of factors like how much they impacted the regiments they were in, how long did they sustain their top tier melee abilities, how many tournaments they won, and 2 or 3 other factors.
[close]
Still didn't address my 2nd place jousting tourney win REEE
Nick the issue with this whole list than becomes you have decided that the best players of all time in your exact words are those that won tournments.  By that definition alone you have narrowed down who to put on this list to the point where people cant help but call you biased.  Its hard I get it, but you need to really look and see who at that time was considered the best in melee.  Yes having tournaments as a FACTOR is one of many good ways of establishing who belongs on the list.  But length to which they maintain there skills? Does that really express a fair depiction of how good a player was/is? Look at havoc. Gone for 5 years.  Was regarded as being really good at melee before he left.  He comes back and is still on top of things.  What I am saying is that most of the old players if they were to come back they would continue to be good at melee.  IDK nick part of me would want to take it a step farther and look at what the community said who was the best at that time.  But its your list.   

I would also like to add these names as well.

Gooner 1stFKI
Tjdietz 1erVL
Chill brah Pub
Hayzed 1stRddt
Windlife 13te
Not gonna lie since I started playing in start of 2013 I only recognize Gooner and Tj. If you were only known for around a year or less and didn't really make any impact you shouldn't be on an all time list, granted I also don't remember very much from those first two years I played with the 12th, 1stEPG and 2teEPG

Windlife came back to 93rd last year and was still very good so I mean I think he, at the very least, deserves to be on the list.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:36:05 pm by PapaBean »

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #1248 on: March 10, 2019, 08:29:50 pm »
very good to the point he went unnoticed

MATT123456789

« Reply #1249 on: March 10, 2019, 08:37:57 pm »
TKC asking for a shit tons of hacks & got good because of them

im actually triggered

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 10, 2019, 08:42:55 pm »

If you had started playing a bit earlier I am assuming you would be higher up the list.  This is the all time list. Not the last 3 years list.  I agree Yoshie you are one of the best players around right now.  In the grand timeline of NA NW Comp scene you would honestly be in the mid 80s.  Nothing to get mad about Yoshiee, this is Nickcole's list. 

***Well shit Nicks a dumbass than you should be like 85 nick just doesnt like you
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:44:32 pm by PapaBean »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #1251 on: March 10, 2019, 09:00:49 pm »

If you had started playing a bit earlier I am assuming you would be higher up the list.  This is the all time list. Not the last 3 years list.  I agree Yoshie you are one of the best players around right now.  In the grand timeline of NA NW Comp scene you would honestly be in the mid 80s.  Nothing to get mad about Yoshiee, this is Nickcole's list. 

***Well shit Nicks a dumbass than you should be like 85 nick just doesnt like you
3 years is a little less than half of NW's lifetime, meanwhile there are people up high on the list who played that amount of time or less.

Also there are some people towards the top of the list with very few tournament wins so I don't think it's completely based off of that.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

|Viper|

« Reply #1252 on: March 10, 2019, 09:07:27 pm »
It also took Havoc months to get “good” again it wasn’t like he came back and dominated he had to get used to the new meta.

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #1253 on: March 10, 2019, 09:16:06 pm »
I've got a question about me being an 84, like just based on stats I have the most tourney 1st places, 2nd places and like barely any 3rds which in my opinion is a good thing because I don't see a 3rd place finish in 2017+ as a trophy considering theirs only like a couple good teams so if you can't make it to the finals then you probably aren't that great and the other team you're gonna be playing against for 3rd is probably bad. Also i've been playing since 2012 and although I wasn't known until like 2014 and didn't really play in tournaments and was also in a no name reg I was still good. Also from like 2014, 2015 + I have consistently been in the conversation when it comes to who is really good in NA, obviously not these past couple months because ive been mia but you known what I mean. Also Nick no offense to you but you know because you played with me several times that I was definitely better than everyone rated 84, 85 and 86 from like 2015-2017. So basically what im wondering is why im rated so low.
huh

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #1254 on: March 10, 2019, 09:17:50 pm »
If there was a 100-109 scale on this thread I would definitely be on it
click here to join the 84th

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 10, 2019, 09:25:27 pm »
Fart almost made a monumental sin by calling MATT the greatest NW player of all time (we’re inc NA,EU). If he had said it

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1256 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:25 pm »
I've got a question about me being an 84, like just based on stats I have the most tourney 1st places, 2nd places and like barely any 3rds which in my opinion is a good thing because I don't see a 3rd place finish in 2017+ as a trophy considering theirs only like a couple good teams so if you can't make it to the finals then you probably aren't that great and the other team you're gonna be playing against for 3rd is probably bad. Also i've been playing since 2012 and although I wasn't known until like 2014 and didn't really play in tournaments and was also in a no name reg I was still good. Also from like 2014, 2015 + I have consistently been in the conversation when it comes to who is really good in NA, obviously not these past couple months because ive been mia but you known what I mean. Also Nick no offense to you but you know because you played with me several times that I was definitely better than everyone rated 84, 85 and 86 from like 2015-2017. So basically what im wondering is why im rated so low.
doubt
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #1257 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:48 pm »
doubt

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 10, 2019, 09:36:15 pm »

3 years is a little less than half of NW's lifetime, meanwhile there are people up high on the list who played that amount of time or less.

Also there are some people towards the top of the list with very few tournament wins so I don't think it's completely based off of that.
Like I said Nick doesnt like Yoshiee  ;D ;D ;D

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #1259 on: March 10, 2019, 09:56:01 pm »

bias
[close]

63e Golden Boy for a reason  :-X

But for real on the MATT subject he is the best player in the game and that alone is enough to be on the all-time list. Some of the guys on the list never even sniffed the title of "Best NA" and even in their prime only a few would be "Best NA" today. He obviously doesn't hack anymore but he still dominates the game.

Yoshie also has consistently been a top tier player in NW for the past 2 years. The whole less competition argument is dumb because the players that are left have more experience than ever and are just as good if not better than before.

Spoiler
[close]

Just cause you suck now doesn't mean all the other players suck too.

1st Thing: I was laughing at you saying players are better now then back then when you started playing the game in what 2015? You never even seen 3/4th of the all time list probably so quiet down.

2nd Thing: I may “suck now” yet I’m still rated higher on any current melee list including your own. Also I don’t see you on any all time melee lists.

3rd Thing: Even in the 63e you were never the best. Whether it be people that joined such as the 71st guys(only a couple months) or myself (nearly 2 years) or people that started in the reg like Krast or Steven that were better than you and known as the best 63e. Yet you call yourself the “63e Golden Boy”.
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know