Author Topic: NA1 Events. Public LB, Canceled Post if you want to continue in the future  (Read 131599 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA1 Events. next Public LB, Thurs 9 Eastern. 9/15
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2016, 10:28:49 pm »
Well that was fun.  Plenty of close rounds.  Seems liked everything went fairly well.  Looked like both sides arty got a fair amount of kills via their cannon or in melee after.  I didn't get to see how well cav actually did.(looked like they did good)

I would like to thank USMC Tired for advertising the event on the BBG server. 

1 issue that came up and i thought i would ask what you all thought.(perhaps you didnt think it was an issue)  Rules for being in a house. We really dont have any, part in thanks to the pubs themselves. 

We could make it so we dont play on maps with buildings.  We could make it so there are rules for every line.  We could have rules for every other line and not take the pubs in a building.(this is is meh)   I figured arty would take care of any building campers and they somewhat did.(not as well as i hoped)  granted, the 2fa have played on the 2nd map a few times over the years.  Not sure about the SiL.   So maybe next time it would go a tad better with everyone being more familiar with the map.   anyways let me know your thoughts. 

here are some screenshots.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

the pub commander(not in ts) lead us on the 3rd map.  that last round he had us near a building.  The arty shot through the windows and door and slaughtered us.  Not too long after this a pub in ts thought patrick was trying to tk with his hammer.  So he teamkilled him.  Should of heard him after we told him that he was a medic.(took several times)  The ts bursted out in laughter. 
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #271 on: September 09, 2016, 10:32:35 pm »
RIP to all of the glorious pubs that lost their lives on this day.  :'(

As for the maps, yeah I would try to stick with things strictly with only open ground, it makes it harder for Cavalry and rule following in general when it requires maneuvering around the buildings and having to deal with people who rambo garrison and things of that nature. Would be better I think all around.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2016, 03:20:55 am »
Oprichiniki for cav.

For those who don't sit in A Channel for hours after the event, one of my roles is the official lobbyist for NA1 linebattle garrison rules, PM me if you have any particularly compelling arguments.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2016, 05:01:51 am »
indeed, garrison rules are up for consideration.

and we wont do too many building maps in the future,  maybe one a lb max.(i don't count strangefields as a building map)  i just wanted to see how those maps would play, especially with arty.

present file
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:02:01 am by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2016, 05:22:29 am »
63e would like Cavalry as well for this week! :D

Offline No This is Patrick

• Sergeant
  • For the Sultan!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Sil]Sultan_NoThisIsPatrick
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2016, 08:03:31 pm »
Oh. We focused more on setting up trying to see the full map and enemy arty. Focused more on buildings when the rest were in buildings. Next time I'll see if I can set one cannon against buildings and one cannon against open field.

And the one time I forgot to record the battle, and the one time I actually wanted to upload to YouTube. It was great. I knew I was screwed when he started teamwounding me because of the hammer. I knew I was double screwed when I got revived and enemies were near spawn. Tried to tnt the enemy but they wanted a firing squad. We were laughing as well.

And surprisingly, Silahtars voted for Skirms for tomorrow.
[14th]Rkt,  [1aSvea]Vrvts,  MoskovGren_Ryad,  PrinzCarl_Kpl,  [PSG]Maj, [Sil]Sultan

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2016, 04:48:22 am »
Oprichiniki for cav.

For those who don't sit in A Channel for hours after the event, one of my roles is the official lobbyist for NA1 linebattle garrison rules, PM me if you have any particularly compelling arguments.
63e would like Cavalry as well for this week! :D
you both got cav.

Oh. We focused more on setting up trying to see the full map and enemy arty. Focused more on buildings when the rest were in buildings. Next time I'll see if I can set one cannon against buildings and one cannon against open field.

And the one time I forgot to record the battle, and the one time I actually wanted to upload to YouTube. It was great. I knew I was screwed when he started teamwounding me because of the hammer. I knew I was double screwed when I got revived and enemies were near spawn. Tried to tnt the enemy but they wanted a firing squad. We were laughing as well.

And surprisingly, Silahtars voted for Skirms for tomorrow.

you have skirms.  the other slot is open. 

and yea, i was waiting for that to happen, someone tried it a week or 2 before to tk me.

Offline jj-2fa

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2016, 07:28:41 am »
If we can bring the numbers, any chance we can play Skirm?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2016, 07:45:40 am »
If we can bring the numbers, any chance we can play Skirm?
Sure.   you dont need 10-15 to have it.  around 5 or so would do(preferably more)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2016, 04:37:26 am »
well that was interesting.   I think by the end, half the server were pubs.(120-130 people)  It seemed like quite a few of them ignored warnings until you confronted them personally, and doing that with 60+ people just isn't the most practical.(even with several admins trying to track em all down)  Seemed like overall they weren't as cooperative as last week.  quite a few of them were like moths to a light.  as soon as something shiny popped up, they would just fall apart.

hopefully the regiments that had various pubs tag a long with didn't cause too much trouble.  I know the 63e had a lot of cav with them, but it looked like they were trying to stay with them at all times.

Offline jj-2fa

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2016, 05:09:03 am »
Forgot how much fun skirms were. Prob the 1st LB I ever did was skirm.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2016, 08:28:00 am »
Forgot how much fun skirms were. Prob the 1st LB I ever did was skirm.
Good to hear you had fun.  hopefully others did as well.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
Re: NA1 Events. next Public LB, Thurs 9 Eastern. 9/22
« Reply #282 on: September 20, 2016, 06:23:04 pm »
Sorry this is a bit late, but I just had to share these screenshots of the linebattle from last week! Had a crazy amount of pubs come to join my guys in cavalry. Ended up having about 17 guys in total, majority were pub. Was a bit hectic at first due to a lot of ramboing because they got confused where I was, but towards the end it came together nicely.

Here is some screen caps from the night:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Offline 1erEdM_Capt_Hayden

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
    • http://1eredm.enjin.com/home
  • Side: Confederacy