Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars > Servers

Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

<< < (5/6) > >>

jacobwallace:
Dedicated Servers from DedicatedHosting.com have high-capacity SSD storage, new generation processors, and management software. New-generation processors, high-memory servers, and high performance are only a few of the features available. Now is the time to register. Server that is secure. There is a no-cost EMI option available. Processors with many threads.

DoubleBread:
Hi, could somebody please help me out with renaming custom maps? What file(s) is it done in? I tried renaming them in "scenes" but it doesn't do anything. The most logical file that could change it seemed to be "strings" to me as that defines what certain commands look like to humans in game and not just the machine reading, but that somehow messed up everything and I had to reset it to its original state.

EDIT: Just to clarify, what I mean is making it possible for what is shown as "scn_mp_custom_map_1" in "scenes" to show up as, say, "My Custom Map" in the in-game admin control panel and while changing maps. I tried searching through all the forum but nobody seems to mention it anywhere. I've seen that it's possible, though.

Wursti:
Yes you just have to change it in strings.txt if im not wrong

Or Your_Map_Name (im not sure actually)

If that didnt work for you I can take a look at the file and see if anything was wrong as it should be how it works normally

DoubleBread:

--- Quote from: Wursti on November 19, 2023, 01:24:56 pm ---Yes you just have to change it in strings.txt if im not wrong

Or Your_Map_Name (im not sure actually)

If that didnt work for you I can take a look at the file and see if anything was wrong as it should be how it works normally

--- End quote ---
I did that (Your_Map_Name, since all the other strings also have that symbol) but then when I tried it out on the server, random unrelated strings started showing up in the chat although I didn't change anything else. I could briefly see the new name in the control panel but it associated itself with a different custom map and suddenly all the custom maps started loading under different numbers (for example when I wanted to load custom map 3, it loaded custom map 2 but showed that it's 3, etc). Just utter chaos :D Not sure what I did wrong, I could send you the "strings" file but idk how that'll help as I really only changed that one string. I appreciate the help!

Wursti:
This worked for me

Did you also change the names back to the original in the scenes.txt?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version