13 (30.2%)
04.12 + 11.12 starting from 8gmt
9 (20.9%)
Later than that.
4 (9.3%)
On another day than Sunday.
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Mini-NWWC 2016  (Read 133684 times)

Haze

Re: Mini-NWWC 2016
« Reply #630 on: November 04, 2016, 03:29:05 am »
First , we all know what to do , yes , we all know that only NOR/DAN need a coalition for this edition , if you guys who cry for your crap coalition could stop doublespeaking , it would be great  ;)

This poll is not smart ,  this is about circumstances as GI said , it can't be "no" or "yes" it is about condition and these conditions must be clear , here what should be the poll : " do you think a national team should only be able to make a coalition with an other  if both can't field a team alone" and then people answer yes or no.
the actual poll is the best way to fuck up Nor/dan if it's end 'no'  sayin' fuck to them , you have circumstances where it's clearly needed and where it's not , and you definitly don't need a poll to know how to deal with it.

Also , it's time to update the thread with the participating teams
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:40:16 am by Ragnarr »

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #631 on: November 04, 2016, 03:49:01 am »
Coalitions should only be set up in circumstances in which its necessary for there to be a team, it shouldn't be in place and end up limiting the amount of teams within the competition. A Denmark/Norway coalition for example is necessary otherwise they wouldn't be able to field a team, whereas a Russia/Ukraine coalition isn't necessary as they clearly are both able to field a team, if you start grouping coalitions based on the fact the nations speak the same language then you may as well just allow GF teams to sign up, as that's all allowing a Scandinavian coalition/Russian speaking coalition will achieve, leaving players from these countries that perhaps are good but aren't a part of the teams these people are already in no chance of playing. I have nothing against anyone or any of the nations/coalitions that could possibly take part, I just feel it's a little unnecessary. Any way that's my take, feel free to agree or disagree.

I agree. But some of these nations CAN field a team(its a 5v5 after all), like Denmark and Austria. The point is that none of them can be arsed to make it happen and imo coalitions shouldnt be abused like that or be used as an excuse to be able to field a better team than some nations would be able to field separately.

I mean cmon, I might even have to let that scublord Alator into our team to make sure we have enough ppl

I'd love to try a Scandinavian coalition though. Would be interesting.
It would be a lot more understandable I feel for Scandinavia or other coalitions to be formed for the main NWWC, but for mini NWWC people may as well just enter as their nations, even if they can only find 5 guys of that nation. Austria is a prime example as I'm fairly certain there's more then 5 Austrians currently playing this game, and in the case that a team cannot be assembled they should be in a coalition with a country facing similar issues, such as switzerland which although there are no doubt quite a few swiss guys playing, the connections aren't there to form a full team. Makes no sense to me that they are in a coalition with Germany as Germany face 0 issues forming a team whatsoever

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #632 on: November 04, 2016, 04:09:08 am »
Coalitions should only be set up in circumstances in which its necessary for there to be a team, it shouldn't be in place and end up limiting the amount of teams within the competition. A Denmark/Norway coalition for example is necessary otherwise they wouldn't be able to field a team, whereas a Russia/Ukraine coalition isn't necessary as they clearly are both able to field a team, if you start grouping coalitions based on the fact the nations speak the same language then you may as well just allow GF teams to sign up, as that's all allowing a Scandinavian coalition/Russian speaking coalition will achieve, leaving players from these countries that perhaps are good but aren't a part of the teams these people are already in no chance of playing. I have nothing against anyone or any of the nations/coalitions that could possibly take part, I just feel it's a little unnecessary. Any way that's my take, feel free to agree or disagree.

I agree. But some of these nations CAN field a team(its a 5v5 after all), like Denmark and Austria. The point is that none of them can be arsed to make it happen and imo coalitions shouldnt be abused like that or be used as an excuse to be able to field a better team than some nations would be able to field separately.

I mean cmon, I might even have to let that scublord Alator into our team to make sure we have enough ppl

I'd love to try a Scandinavian coalition though. Would be interesting.
It would be a lot more understandable I feel for Scandinavia or other coalitions to be formed for the main NWWC, but for mini NWWC people may as well just enter as their nations, even if they can only find 5 guys of that nation. Austria is a prime example as I'm fairly certain there's more then 5 Austrians currently playing this game, and in the case that a team cannot be assembled they should be in a coalition with a country facing similar issues, such as switzerland which although there are no doubt quite a few swiss guys playing, the connections aren't there to form a full team. Makes no sense to me that they are in a coalition with Germany as Germany face 0 issues forming a team whatsoever

Gi>Others couldnt agree more.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 04, 2016, 07:38:43 am »
First , we all know what to do , yes , we all know that only NOR/DAN need a coalition for this edition , if you guys who cry for your crap coalition could stop doublespeaking , it would be great  ;)

This poll is not smart ,  this is about circumstances as GI said , it can't be "no" or "yes" it is about condition and these conditions must be clear , here what should be the poll : " do you think a national team should only be able to make a coalition with an other  if both can't field a team alone" and then people answer yes or no.
the actual poll is the best way to fuck up Nor/dan if it's end 'no'  sayin' fuck to them , you have circumstances where it's clearly needed and where it's not , and you definitly don't need a poll to know how to deal with it.

Also , it's time to update the thread with the participating teams

Gi and Haze (and Raii) bring it on the point. Summed up the conditions are the main factor to decide whether there should be a coalition or not...
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #634 on: November 04, 2016, 08:59:59 am »
O.o

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #635 on: November 04, 2016, 09:06:09 am »
O.o
my ocd makes your nickname hurt my eyes

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #636 on: November 04, 2016, 10:18:18 am »
Napoleonic Wars Coalitions Cup

Maybe just rename the tourney to this ^

Coalitions are understandable in regular, 8v8 - 10v10 nwwc, but here? Pls
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #637 on: November 04, 2016, 10:22:56 am »
Napoleonic Wars Coalitions Cup

Maybe just rename the tourney to this ^

Coalitions are understandable in regular, 8v8 - 10v10 nwwc, but here? Pls
can we just have a normal NWWC with normal nations, theres five people from tiny countries like Switzerland playing this game I am sure Sweden can field a team no problem.(Might not be sweden, might just be some other scandi-nordic country) Fucks sake even if you don't have the old guard playing get some new blood playing then, thats how a normal game works. The old players go away and new devoted ones take the stage.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 04, 2016, 10:26:36 am »
stop hosting this boring shit where only UK and France compete for victory just make UK vs France and gg. rather host costume teams 5v5 groupfighting, this is getting so shitty.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #639 on: November 04, 2016, 10:27:19 am »
stop hosting this boring shit where only UK and France compete for victory just make UK vs France and gg. rather host costume teams 5v5 groupfighting, this is getting so shitty.
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #640 on: November 04, 2016, 11:11:35 am »
okay so name me 10 players from Austria/Switzerland who want to compete
Marley, Dominic, DesertEagle and Schmit maybe, and me
that's kinda it

The Germanic Coalition Team have 9/10 players from Germany, if you guys can't live with the fact that I'm gonna play for this team I will not compete at all, as easy as that

ExoticFail, Bertman, Caps to add to that list, its almost as if you don't know fellow Austrians.
Imo if Austria could get together a team like that they would be one of the favourites.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 04, 2016, 11:28:42 am »
If Denmark can't get a team then god help us all.

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #642 on: November 04, 2016, 11:51:37 am »
As many said above this isnt a long term tournament that will last longer than a month , this is a 1-2 day thing and nations do not have to bring 8 people into field its just 5 . If we wanna have some fun from this tournament please try to find 5 people . All people who is for coalitions are mentioning about there are less players motivated for this kind of tournament from their country . Do you think its not same for Turkey ? We basicly doesnt have our best dueler playing for us (Xeon) the team roster consists of only 1-2 active players playing NW on daily basis (berkovic and me) . But do you see me whining about not being able to field 5 players to this daily event , no . I won't say anything against NOR/DEN coalition even though they can also find 5 players If they were giving a shit about this tourney but whatever . Other coalitions then that are in my eyes just a pathetic attempt to field a better team to have better results rather than what really is tournament's aim that is playing with your country men trying to achieve something together , not with your groupfighting team . By the way I really appreciate Czechs here they are not seeking a coalition even though It would surely make them stronger , they are aware of their community and know that they can already field atleast 7-8 players at once without having any trouble . So If you are from a country that can find 5 man but whining about people being lowly motivated then you also have low motivation not trying to find people nor making any effort for your country , if so do not attend at all , thanks .

Offline SkyBier

• Lieutenant General
  • THE BEST SKY
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SkY
« Reply #643 on: November 04, 2016, 11:55:11 am »
As many said above this isnt a long term tournament that will last longer than a month , this is a 1-2 day thing and nations do not have to bring 8 people into field its just 5 . If we wanna have some fun from this tournament please try to find 5 people . All people who is for coalitions are mentioning about there are less players motivated for this kind of tournament from their country . Do you think its not same for Turkey ? We basicly doesnt have our best dueler playing for us (Xeon) the team roster consists of only 1-2 active players playing NW on daily basis (berkovic and me) . But do you see me whining about not being able to field 5 players to this daily event , no . I won't say anything against NOR/DEN coalition even though they can also find 5 players If they were giving a shit about this tourney but whatever . Other coalitions then that are in my eyes just a pathetic attempt to field a better team to have better results rather than what really is tournament's aim that is playing with your country men trying to achieve something together , not with your groupfighting team . By the way I really appreciate Czechs here they are not seeking a coalition even though It would surely make them stronger , they are aware of their community and know that they can already field atleast 7-8 players at once without having any trouble . So If you are from a country that can find 5 man but whining about people being lowly motivated then you also have low motivation not trying to find people nor making any effort for your country , if so do not attend at all , thanks .

+1

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 04, 2016, 11:56:10 am »
The poll is gonna stay like that and the outcome is gonna forbid every coalition. There is no reason, when the outcome is "no, why we should allow any coalition. If the outcome is "yes" we will stick to the old rules. It wont change much anyway, DarkTemplar will leave team Germany, Maia will leave team Spain and DEN/NOR can't happen. I am confident that both Denmark and Norway can make a team since only 6 people in a team are required to play. The organisation is prepared for both situations.