Author Topic: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 16182 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fourth Election (September-October term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 04:15:17 pm »
More biased moderation because of regiment affiliation?
The person that warned you isn't in a regiment and I don't believe has for like 4 years by now. So that's pretty much out of the question.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 04:42:39 pm »
It's fine, everyone can keep blaming me lmao

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 05:17:23 pm »
Lol. Sorry for giving my opinion about Ap0c being a good potential CR? Guess it would anger you to witness a peer get praise for doing better in a position you ultimately failed to uphold.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 06:11:03 pm »
Lol. Sorry for giving my opinion about Ap0c being a good potential CR? Guess it would anger you to witness a peer get praise for doing better in a position you ultimately failed to uphold.
I was not referring to your comments on Apoc, I have actually encouraged him to run and have said I would support him if he did. I was referring to your snide, passive aggressive remarks in everything you comment
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 07:17:54 pm »
Well, don't really want to escalate anything, but to be frank me criticizing your CR term isn't really fitting anything you're describing. In fact, it's all true criticism, unless you want to cite me proof against my criticisms cause I haven't seen anything. Just saying that there's a lot better people who are suited for it and that it isn't meant for just anybody. Sorry you feel that way.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 07:20:19 pm »
Criticism is all well and good but when you act like a condescending/smug asshole about it like you did then I can see why Siwi reacted the way he did.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 07:21:57 pm »
Criticism is all well and good but when you act like a condescending/smug asshole about it like you did then I can see why Siwi reacted the way he did.

You can fuck right off, cancer

Yeah, cause I started acting like an asshole? If you're going to dish out shit, don't cry when it comes to hit you back in the face?  ???

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 07:43:18 pm »

You can fuck right off, cancer

Yeah, cause I started acting like an asshole? If you're going to dish out shit, don't cry when it comes to hit you back in the face?  ???
You don't think you were being condescending in the slightest? Really? From my perspective when I read your post it felt like you were placing yourself on a pedestal and being a bit of a douche instead of giving "criticism". 

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 07:45:10 pm »
con·de·scend·ing
ˌkändəˈsendiNG/
adjective
adjective: condescending

having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:47:08 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 08:22:15 pm »
Hope the next group of individuals actually look to take efforts to communicate with the community more like  the previous CRs have.

WOW I HOPE THE NEXT GROUP OF PEOPLE ACTUALLY TRY BECAUSE THE PAST CRS HAVE SUCKED DICK, AND I WOULD KNOW BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT BEING A CR AND SIWI DIDN'T TRY. DON'T GET THE IDEA THAT I'M PLACING MYSELF ON A PEDESTAL AND MAKING HIM FEEL INFERIOR, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT CONDESCENDING MEANS?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 08:24:07 pm »
This is all very amusing, but would it be a problem if you guys took the pissing contest to the toilets? (read: not here)
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
This is all very amusing, but would it be a problem if you guys took the pissing contest to the toilets? (read: not here)

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 09:23:07 pm »
Get back on topic, guys.  Thank you.
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2016, 10:52:28 pm »
but after conversations with him and other previous CRs I have come to the conclusion that as it stands right now, the CR has next to no voice in the moderation team, preventing them from being little more than glorified event hosts.
I'll stop you right there, you certainly do have a voice in the moderation team. During my term I made and suggested various changes that were forum related, which wouldn't have been possible without the support/approval of the moderation team. If the CR wouldn't have a say in the moderation team, I would assume they would've ignored them or pushed them aside instead. On top of that, if there were issues related to forum members, the CR's were always welcomed to have a say in the matter.

If there's one obstacle that could prevent CR's from trying to approve the community on a more official note then it is the FSE team itself.

I consider myself friends with every previous NA CR, and I have talked to them quite abit on the matter, and I would not hold my current view on the position if just one of them had told me they didn't have enough sway. However, ALL of them have told me the exact same thing. Your experience may have been different on the EU side, but I believe there definitely is a problem on this side of the community.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 11:01:03 pm »
Just wondering Ap0c, but what would you give as an example that would be considered just enough sway with the moderating team? I'm not familiar with how the communications work with a CR and the moderation team, just wondering with what you would consider optimal in the position as it currently stands.

You use the term "enough" before sway, insinuating that they did have sway, but not enough to their pleasing. Correct me, but I thought one of the jobs of the CR was to be the bridge between the community and the moderating team. Not be the force that sways the moderating team. I don't know if you meant to use the term sway, probably just the wrong word for what I think you were trying to describe.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:15:25 pm by GeneralSquirts »