Author Topic: Issue with posting  (Read 10653 times)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
Re: Issue with posting
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 05:32:31 am »
Think Duuring is waiting for the actual FSE staff to actually find the issue themselves, Duuring can only do so much on his end. At this rate we're expecting an update from the same guys who give BCoF updates.... so.... be prepared to wait five years.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 05:17:49 pm »
Think Duuring is waiting for the actual FSE staff to actually find the issue themselves, Duuring can only do so much on his end. At this rate we're expecting an update from the same guys who give BCoF updates.... so.... be prepared to wait five years.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »
I mean obviously if any of us could do anything about it we would have. We can see if there are any updates in terms of the SMF version, but it would require FSE devs to implement afaik. Personally I have very little technical knowledge about forums/CMSs so I wouldn't really know where to begin looking about it. How long has the problem actually been happening? I haven't run into it yet, but I don't do much with BBCode anyway.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 09:27:18 pm »
I mean obviously if any of us could do anything about it we would have. We can see if there are any updates in terms of the SMF version, but it would require FSE devs to implement afaik. Personally I have very little technical knowledge about forums/CMSs so I wouldn't really know where to begin looking about it. How long has the problem actually been happening? I haven't run into it yet, but I don't do much with BBCode anyway.
all of October and the end of last month. You know really I think it was when the 30th went over the 100 page limit. #Banthe30th
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 10:36:53 pm »
I've heard of this today, someone contacted me on steam about it. I have been looking into it the past hour, so far I have no solution or idea why it is happening, and without an accurate timeframe when it started happen I can not really tell whether it was an update/mod or anything like that... Vince is currently away, I will talk to him about it when he is back.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 10:42:51 pm »
I've heard of this today, someone contacted me on steam about it. I have been looking into it the past hour, so far I have no solution or idea why it is happening, and without an accurate timeframe when it started happen I can not really tell whether it was an update/mod or anything like that... Vince is currently away, I will talk to him about it when he is back.
October 5th is when Volk first noticed the problem. I not think there was any problems before that but idk I never use bb code
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 02:13:44 pm »
October 5th is when Volk first noticed the problem. I not think there was any problems before that but idk I never use bb code
The Draft system started mildly bugging out sometime in the last week of September. While I noticed the BB code & drafts start to implode within the first week of October like BBj said.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 03:23:06 pm »
We did a SMF update in september, I believe. Maybe the Draft mod needs an update then, if it is linked to that...
I will investigate, thanks.

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 05:50:06 pm »
October 2nd was the last time I could edit an OP. The day after, I was unable to edit it.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 06:39:36 pm »
Deinstalled the drafts mod. I searched for it and it should not be causing it, but for now, lets see if it works. Please test.

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 07:36:03 pm »
Still doesn't work.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »
Meh.........

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 07:45:26 pm »
Meh.........
Looking through my posts, the last post I could make with a bunch of BB code was Sept 28th. I noticed the problem in the beginning of Oct. Did anything update or did something happen on Oct 1st-2nd?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:48:37 pm by Volk »

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »
We updated on September 27th.

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 09:45:37 pm »
We updated on September 27th.
Hmm... What exactly did the update change? We could just be experiencing a bug or side effect of the update?