Author Topic: A response to recently expressed grievances  (Read 26236 times)

Offline Comando96

• First Sergeant
  • If you see my name somewhere, it's most likely me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Comando96
  • Side: Neutral
Re: A response to recently expressed grievances
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2013, 12:36:39 am »
Those with a foolish notion of principle and honor may leave, but everyone else with is practicle will stay...
FSE merely are handling this terribly and as far as I can see needlessly... leaks, apologies which look like whines at their oh so terrible staff core who failed to take the information to them through the propper channels... so it could presumably be ignore xD Its laughable at the handling of this... neptosism and lack... care when handing out admin caused the problem and response... meh, poor us.

Its not about what you want people to do... its what people view you as doing and their opinion of that.
PR has been dreadful ¬.¬ No matter how well intended the actions could have been or have been, the handling of the perception is... "this is why we can't have nice things", is what all the dev team should be saying to yourselves righ now!

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2013, 03:55:00 am »
In my opinion people need to grow up and stop arguing over stuff like this.

It doesn't help when people go around making things worse by feeding the trolls.
And FSE need to get some proper admins who aren't complete and utter trolls.

And The FSE people should concentrate on making good games instead of giving admin positions to their friends. Thats where it went down the drain. Thats should be the job of the head admin.

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
  • Side: Union
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2013, 11:10:33 am »
do to honest I don't think many people will quit the community because of the drama or atleast not enough to make a difference one way or the other. When the first trailers come out and the beta nears release everybody and their mother will donate to get into it.

And please explain to me how donating when the beta is already nearly out will benefit the game? If you donate after all the core features are done in the game then what is your money going towards? marketing I suppose. Still regardless I'd expect that a company should get a flood of donations at the start (more than 9%) with which the company should build the core aspects of the game, with 9% of the donations they aren't going to be able to add as much as they'd like to are they. Maybe they will have to call off the game due to lack of donations, in which case Diplex if you're reading this, I'd get some jewish lawyers involved to get your money back.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:12:05 am by Craig »
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:33 am »
The beta is nearly out?
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2013, 11:39:32 am »
do to honest I don't think many people will quit the community because of the drama or atleast not enough to make a difference one way or the other. When the first trailers come out and the beta nears release everybody and their mother will donate to get into it.

And please explain to me how donating when the beta is already nearly out will benefit the game? If you donate after all the core features are done in the game then what is your money going towards? marketing I suppose. Still regardless I'd expect that a company should get a flood of donations at the start (more than 9%) with which the company should build the core aspects of the game, with 9% of the donations they aren't going to be able to add as much as they'd like to are they. Maybe they will have to call off the game due to lack of donations, in which case Diplex if you're reading this, I'd get some jewish lawyers involved to get your money back.

Honestly I just am not donating because the game period doesn't interest me in the slightest. The American Civil war has been done so many times and I'm sure this will be one of the better ACW games but that doesn't change the matter that it isn't anything I'm particularly hyped for. Though I'm very interested in terms of mod potential.

Offline Craig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »
The beta is nearly out?

Reading makes everyone's life easier.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2013, 01:36:59 pm »

Afaik no marketing has been done yet period. There hasn't been a need at this stage.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Craig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2013, 01:57:29 pm »
I'm  referring to his point about everyone donating when beta is available.  Which will be after all the core features (what will make or break the game) will probably be done.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »
I'm  referring to his point about everyone donating when beta is available.  Which will be after all the core features (what will make or break the game) will probably be done.

Craig you might want to also note how much CRPG raised in a day ... compared to FSE over a 3 month period. The game itself will not raise much in donations until sales of closed beta (Pay to enter beta) and sales of final product start to come on. I doubt 10k euros would be raised by products end at the moment ... which if taking a year is less wages than an admin assistant would earn.

Money will only be started to of been made at products end and release, I would say the donation money is currently going towards software licenses than anything else.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:52 pm »

It doesn't help when people go around making things worse by feeding the trolls.

And The FSE people should concentrate on making good games instead of giving admin positions to their friends. Thats where it went down the drain. Thats should be the job of the head admin.

Ironic, but please continue the raving :)

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2013, 03:21:34 pm »

The head admin should give admin positions to his friends?
The beta is nearly out?

Ah, was wishful thinking on my side that made me read it wrong. :-[

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:01 am »
If we, the NW community, are going to have any structure and relation left, this EU vs NA stuff needs to stop. We are one community. We come from across the world, from many backgrounds, but we all share the same interest: the Napoleonic Wars. That is why we're here. We are not here to bandy words and argue about who's better, because no one is better than anyone else. Sure, there may be those who are annoying, trollish, etc. etc. but if we become elitist and feel superior towards them, we make ourselves no better than they are. Play the game; enjoy each other's company; it really is an amazing thing that we can come together from such a distance, and that is what we should treasure and keep in our minds.

E pluribus unum.

You do forget that complaints were raised towards the NA administration, but mostly towards the EU. Still, EVERY SINGLE DAMNED NA ADMIN TAKES IT PERSONALLY, like the conflict-seeking elitist pricks you are.

The "NA vs. EU stuff" only exists because you cant realize there are problems with your administration as well.

The head admin should give admin positions to his friends?
The beta is nearly out?

Ah, was wishful thinking on my side that made me read it wrong. :-[

No, the headadmin wasn't giving admin to his friends. The headadmin had a list of candidates, and then the headadmin had a list of potentially good admins.

CarolusRex was a good candidate for admin. It is pretty absurd to accuse Hancky of any kind of unjust ruling, the man has more morals than anyone in this community and doesnt bend an inch from them.

CarolusRex was a potential admin-candidate which we encouraged to seek admin through the proper channels, and so he did, only to meet resistance from Vince who has NOTHING TO DO with the admin process.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:01:36 am by Modig »

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:28 am »
Eh?
Where did I say he did?

You do realise that by making that assumption, it is only more likley that it is actually true?
Got that from playing werewolf.

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2013, 01:10:24 am »
Eh?
Where did I say he did?

You do realise that by making that assumption, it is only more likley that it is actually true?
Got that from playing werewolf.

"The head admin should give admin positions to his friends?" Isnt that of your typing? Or do I read the quotation-tree wrongly?

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2013, 01:13:01 am »
There is a question mark, I was questioning what the guy suggested.